Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey Guys, after reading about the Allentown show, (that I didn't attend), I am making it a point to at least hit the October York Pa show.

How does it stack up to Allentown?

#2 10 years ago

I'd say roughly half the size. This year, there were fewer free play games, less of them were DMD era, and not as much vendor selection.

#3 10 years ago

I went to York last year, and Allentown the past two years.

Allentown is better. That being said i will still be attending York in October.

Herg is correct, York has half the games of A-Town with more EM's and less vendors but York has more of a selection in the outside area.

Its a pinball show it will be fun but it would be a hard to convince someone that York has more going on then Allentown.

#4 10 years ago

Agree with above. But, that said, it also draws a different crowd since it's a few hours west.

Personal observation is that York has a bigger and more diverse flea market, but smaller venue for free play. There were a lot more prearranged deals at York. I also found that within a few hours, games started to disappear from the floor as they were sold. Allentown seemed much better with encouraging people to keep the games out.

#5 10 years ago

York is somewhat smaller but it is still worth checking out. I have always done well selling games and getting new ones. I feel like people are more decent with the for sale prices and there are always a handful of nice restored games for sale. It is still fun to attend one day, its super close to my home.

#6 10 years ago

NJGecko re: bigger and more diverse flea market----are there more games for sale?

I might bring one of my games up there for free play...

#7 10 years ago

Actually my recollection is the opposite. Less games for sale, but more parts and stuff...

#8 10 years ago

well either way it would be cool to meet some of you folk!

#9 10 years ago

I had a great time at the York show last year and at A town this year. Its definitely a smaller show then Allentown but still a great time. If I remember correctly there were some reasonably priced games last year.

#10 10 years ago

York is a smaller show but the flea market is usually better than Allentown. Also remember that Eric & Marlin are no longer running the York show so we don't know what to expect this year.

#11 10 years ago

Agree with everyone but also plan on attending again this year. It's just nice to be able to spend a day surrounded with fellow enthusiasts and machines. I got to play Viper night driving last October and really liked it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-show-in-october and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.