(Topic ID: 105794)

York Pinball Show Review

By wiggy07

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4982.JPG
    IMG_4981.JPG
    IMG_4973.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    image-605.jpg
    image-812.jpg
    image-964.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

I'd just be happy if the games were level. There were as many unlevel games as there were level ones. This is certainly nothing new for these types of events, though.

The floor is a huge factor in the leveling. The Old Main Building that housed the show was built in the 1800's and even if the floor was perfectly level when new, it has had a lot of time and traffic to change that. The games got shuffled around for various reasons and they may have started out level but didn't stay that way.

Keep in mind that almost all of the games on the floor got more play in a few hours than what they had been played in years. No matter how carefully you go over your games, problems are going to happen.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

And that there is my main point...people are bringing these games for free, letting them be played by strangers and potentially abused. Let's not complain about any games that were brought so long as there was still room in the building for more. I think a lot of pinheads become too used to their personalized, perhaps "perfect" examples at home and find it hard to appreciate others at shows, in the wild, etc. The weak flippers and resets suck but a lot of that has to do with the power distribution at these events. I know each one of my games played a lot better before and after the show (that I've tried so far) than during, and NBAFB had some wierd 5V issues causing them to lose sync sometimes. Heck, my lowly BK2K plays better this morning than Ryan's did at the show yesterday, but I know for a fact that his is dialed in way better. That's just what you get when you have hundreds of pins going inside one building.

This is 100% accurate!
    Mid afternoon Friday there was an electrical issue that cropped up on the row that the NBA's were on. Somehow, several power strips got daisy chained and strips rated for 15 amps can't handle the current of 25 games going through them.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Speaking to the issue of games being level; one thing that's a bit annoying is something that happened to me. I brought my game in early, set it up and levelled it. Then, the show guys come over and start shoving games a few feet to the left. Eventually they came to my game, and I of course complied with their wishes, but had to whip out the level again after they had moved it. I'm sure this happened to many games which may have been level to begin with, but were not relevelled after they were moved. It's possible that someone set up their game and levelled it, and was not even aware that his game had been moved. Of course every effort should be made by the person who owns the game to level it if he discovers that it's a bit tipped.

Sorry about that but when we are moving games around there is always an important and most often urgent reason behind it. For example on Friday we moved lot of games around to accommodate an after hours replacement of the wiring drop in one row and to prevent people from walking through a gap in the games and tripping. People's safety and contractual obligations take priority over everything else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-pinball-show-review?tu=rmarket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.