(Topic ID: 66359)

YORK Pictures, Highlights And Pinsiders!!!

By Jesterfunhouse

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YORK18.jpg
YORK19.jpg
YORK17.jpg
YORK16.jpg
GoinToYork.jpg
DSC01406.JPG
DSC01402.JPG
DSC01398.JPG
DSC01397.JPG
DSC01395.JPG
DSC01394.JPG
DSC01392.JPG
DSC01391.JPG
DSC01393.JPG
photo.JPG
YORK15.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I posted a picture of the Star Wars machine because I loved playing it too. I wish it was there both days!

Yikes sorry. It came home with me Friday night I offered to leave it for another day, but the seller had already started tearing it down for me lol. Amazingly clean machine inside and out. The plastic inside the death star had broken off the target, but it's superglued on - we'll see how long it holds.

This was the machine I'd spent a long time looking for, and didn't think there would be one here at all. Happy surprise to find it, and coincidentally, perfect for my husband's birthday that day too!

Does anyone know what was up with the other Star Wars that was there briefly? It sat with no tag and unplugged at the end of the row for a few hours, then it was gone.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

True, a good percentage of the DMDs were with vendors and not available for free play...frustrating!

That was the worst thing about this show. Stingy vendors who wouldn't set their games to free play. Pfft. For a game I can't play, I'll get it off eBay and have the buyer protection.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That is BS. They should not be allowed to have the game there and not be on free play. I could see maybe charging per game for something special or rare, but even then all proceeds should go to charity.

It wouldn't have even been so bad if they had signs up saying the games were NOT set to free play. Saw a lot of people try the games and when they wouldn't start, just walk away.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The only games that were pay to play at any point was when the Wizard of Oz tournament was ongoing and the money from that tournament benefit a children't charity. Other that that NO GAMES WERE SET FOR PAY TO PLAY!

Along a wall, there was a vendor with several set to pay. Two Adams family, Hook, Comet, Hurricane...to name some.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Was it you and your husband that I saw loading a Star Wars and another game into a U-Haul trailer?

No, not me. Maybe that was the other Star Wars that was only on the floor a short time....I loaded in a van right near closing - and my husband didn't come with me this year.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

He does have a sign. It is white with red writing and not only explains that the games are not on free play but the reason why. And along the wall = vendor spot. Did you try to put money into the games? Did you see anyone actually put money into the games?

Maybe the sign was gone by the time I got to that area. No, I didn't try to put money in, but I saw a few people (mostly parents with kids that really wanted to play) put money in.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep, that's pinball shack. He had my old TOTAN for sale He did the same thing at Allentown. He's got a sign clearly marked that says they are for sale and he will coil up a game if you are interested, but his games are there for sale and not to be played. Some may not agree with that, but it's the rules and that's what vendors can do!

Funny. I didn't even see him at Allentown, I guess I was too busy in other areas lol. Was he the guy with his head buried in a repair? Maybe that's why people were trying coins, if he wasn't where he could notice them. I still feel that if I wanted to buy a game without trying it (and maybe he was more available when he wasn't working on games, I didn't spend a lot of time there) I can buy it off eBay and have their buyers protection. Didn't see a sign, and I'd guess a lot of other people didn't either. Too bad they don't have a special tag, like the sold and for sale and not for sale ones, that says to contact the vendor to play, that they would need to put on each game, so people could tell better.

Hope everyone had a safe drive in the rain! GoinToYork.jpgGoinToYork.jpg

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

In the spirit of Jester keeping the wife happy, I just mentioned to my wife that we needed to start a WOZ fund...
the best part, she didn't roll her eyes, no looks, just an "ok"....(which is very positive!)

I'd like to talk my husband into that as well! He's still at the "look at me like I'm insane" stage when I mention the price, even when I mention that there are older games that go for twice that. I think he'd change his mind if he got to play one though....must work on dragging him to the next show

So, any special techniques in getting the spouse to not eyeroll? Did you have to sort of lead up to that statement for a few days, or be really extra special nice or anything? lol. Congrats on the 'approval'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 149.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 91.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sharon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-pictures-highlights-and-pinsiders?tu=sharon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.