(Topic ID: 66359)

YORK Pictures, Highlights And Pinsiders!!!

By Jesterfunhouse

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jesterfunhouse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

YORK18.jpg
YORK19.jpg
YORK17.jpg
YORK16.jpg
GoinToYork.jpg
DSC01406.JPG
DSC01402.JPG
DSC01398.JPG
DSC01397.JPG
DSC01395.JPG
DSC01394.JPG
DSC01392.JPG
DSC01391.JPG
DSC01393.JPG
photo.JPG
YORK15.jpg

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

Ha! I played that 24 next to the Terminator. It played well.

Was it that terminator that had the cool blue rope lighting? That was amazing looking. My wife loved playing the High Speed-Getaway...guess I need to buy her one...

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Was it that terminator that had the cool blue rope lighting? That was amazing looking. My wife loved playing the High Speed-Getaway...guess I need to buy her one...

you are going to need more space and lots of $$...that's the 2nd game since York you have said you have to buy your wife, including WOZ!

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Vladtheimpaler-8:

you are going to need more space and lots of $$...that's the 2nd game since York you have said you have to buy your wife, including WOZ!

I have the Space surprisingly enough but not the CASH! Still its nice to know the machines my wife really likes as it makes it an easier sell if a deal comes up...

#54 7 years ago

Still its nice to know the machines my wife really likes as it makes it an easier sell if a deal comes up...

Ain't that 3/4's of the battle? And the win if you get it right the 1st time...

#55 7 years ago

In the spirit of Jester keeping the wife happy, I just mentioned to my wife that we needed to start a WOZ fund...

the best part, she didn't roll her eyes, no looks, just an "ok"....(which is very positive!)

#56 7 years ago

Where do you get the blue lights that were on the t2?

#57 7 years ago

I was so happy to play Amazing Spider-Man and Speak Easy. I hadn't played those in many years. And how awesome was that Gottlieb Hit The Deck? That one blew me away!

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Where do you get the blue lights that were on the t2?

Good question anyone know anything about those cool rope style lights on the T2?

#59 7 years ago

Wow thanks for the pics. Its the first time I have seen a SPIRIT at a show in 10 years. NICE!

#60 7 years ago

Thanks for all the photos! Although I hate playing them, I love the artwork on the old EM machines and missed getting a lot of "art photos" from this year - damn migraine!!!

How much was that Star Wars? I love the audio and now that the gameplay is fixed up - wow!!

#61 7 years ago

jester...are these the lights?

ebay.com link » Terminator 2 T2 Pinball Teal Light Wire Mod

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Ebay link

That looks like them thanks for posting! Any idea if they can only be used for T2 or can you mod up any machine with them?

#63 7 years ago

That looks like them

Yeah, that's judge dreads. Great guy to work with! LOTS of mods for different machines.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, that's judge dreads. Great guy to work with! LOTS of mods for different machines.

and generally reasonable prices...
Ted, you should come to York next year...

#65 7 years ago

I had planned to go to the show but couldn't at the last minute. Looks like I missed a good one this year.
Thanks for posting the pictures!

#66 7 years ago

yea sorry guys i took that id4 home friday night. not quite the looker(although on her way now) i would have liked, her game play was fun enough to bring her home.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

yea sorry guys i took that id4 home friday night. not quite the looker(although on her way now) i would have liked, her game play was fun enough to bring her home.

It was YOUUUUUUU!!! Just kidding, what machine is id4, there's no popup?

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

It was YOUUUUUUU!!! Just kidding, what machine is id4, there's no popup?

Independence Day

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Ted, you should come to York next year...

I WANT to....but it just seems like such a small show for such a loooong ride....

#70 7 years ago

just curious, why do you think it was a small show? How many games do you think were there?

#71 7 years ago

I was told it was much smaller than Allentown. (about 1hr 15min from me) Is this not true??

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

just curious, why do you think it was a small show? How many games do you think were there?

not to speak for Ted but i think he means that it is smaller then the Allentown show.

I go to both and like both very much, but for me personally Allentown is half the trip (driving) with double the games so Allentown is slight bit better....but its like rating HS vs HS2 ....they both are a blast to play, its all about preference

#73 7 years ago

What HE said....^^^^^^^

#74 7 years ago

It is definitely smaller than allentown, but game-wise, it may be close. I didn't count. The big thing at Allentown is the square footage. Pinfest has a TON of vendors. Basically York had Cointaker, Rottendog, and one or two others.
Allentown had Marco and a few other big-space vendors.

#75 7 years ago

What HE said.....^^^^^^^

#76 7 years ago

i thought the games were 160 (york) vs 300 (atown) .....roughly...

maybe someone could confirm with Ivan or some of the guys that help run either show

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Cointaker is perfect example of this...their business plan and execution is spot on. They made me feel like a long lost friend when I came up to their booth this weekend, and all three of them were great to work with.
Vendors, if you want to suceed in this business....watch and learn from the Cointaker crew....

I went back to a local business I hadn't been to in years and when I walked through the door I felt like Norm from Cheers. Like you said, they really made an effort to see you and glad to say hi and chat. It means a lot to someone. I give them all my business because they earned it and it's a pleasant experience being there.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That is BS. They should not be allowed to have the game there and not be on free play. I could see maybe charging per game for something special or rare, but even then all proceeds should go to charity.

It wouldn't have even been so bad if they had signs up saying the games were NOT set to free play. Saw a lot of people try the games and when they wouldn't start, just walk away.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The only games that were pay to play at any point was when the Wizard of Oz tournament was ongoing and the money from that tournament benefit a children't charity. Other that that NO GAMES WERE SET FOR PAY TO PLAY!

Along a wall, there was a vendor with several set to pay. Two Adams family, Hook, Comet, Hurricane...to name some.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

It wouldn't have even been so bad if they had signs up saying the games were NOT set to free play. Saw a lot of people try the games and when they wouldn't start, just walk away.

He does have a sign. It is white with red writing and not only explains that the games are not on free play but the reason why. And along the wall = vendor spot. Did you try to put money into the games? Did you see anyone actually put money into the games?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hey TP it was nice meeting you at the show. Kinda funny how we bumped into each other...were you the one whose wife said they were watching you on a live feed?

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

He does have a sign. It is white with red writing and not only explains that the games are not on free play but the reason why. And along the wall = vendor spot. Did you try to put money into the games? Did you see anyone actually put money into the games?

Yep, that's pinball shack. He had my old TOTAN for sale He did the same thing at Allentown. He's got a sign clearly marked that says they are for sale and he will coil up a game if you are interested, but his games are there for sale and not to be played. Some may not agree with that, but it's the rules and that's what vendors can do!

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

Was it you and your husband that I saw loading a Star Wars and another game into a U-Haul trailer?

#84 7 years ago

I went saturday. 2 1/2 drive with a friend. A lot of EMs. Loved metallica. Cointaker even turned up the music at the end of the night to get the full effect. The new star trek was also amazing. Spent most of my time playing 24. Love that game. Don't have room right now unfortunately. Never saw independence day, must have been gone. Saw a TOTAN a vendor had, beautiful game, but out of my price range(8 grand) and not on free play. When I first walked in, thought it was a bit crowded, but changed my mind quickly. Plenty of Pins to play and never stood in a line more than a minute or 2. Only played WOZ once. Absolutely stunning with the lights, but kind of unfriendly. Seems like it drains too easy. Got to play STNG and loved it. Also scared stiff was fun . WWF volume must have been turned way up. Only game you could hear if you were within 200 feet. But it did get you imitating the macho man after a while. OOO YEAHHHH. Vendor are was small. They said big flood friday, so maybe that had something to do with it. I won one of the door prizes. I was all set to take ownership of my new pin when they handed me an old streetfighter plaque/sign off of a game. I had to lug that thing around with me the rest of the day. I figured one of the few things in life i won, I have to keep it. Prices were a bit high I thought. Thank you to everyone who brought a game to play.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Was it you and your husband that I saw loading a Star Wars and another game into a U-Haul trailer?

No, not me. Maybe that was the other Star Wars that was only on the floor a short time....I loaded in a van right near closing - and my husband didn't come with me this year.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

Maybe the sign was gone by the time I got to that area. No, I didn't try to put money in, but I saw a few people (mostly parents with kids that really wanted to play) put money in.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep, that's pinball shack. He had my old TOTAN for sale He did the same thing at Allentown. He's got a sign clearly marked that says they are for sale and he will coil up a game if you are interested, but his games are there for sale and not to be played. Some may not agree with that, but it's the rules and that's what vendors can do!

Funny. I didn't even see him at Allentown, I guess I was too busy in other areas lol. Was he the guy with his head buried in a repair? Maybe that's why people were trying coins, if he wasn't where he could notice them. I still feel that if I wanted to buy a game without trying it (and maybe he was more available when he wasn't working on games, I didn't spend a lot of time there) I can buy it off eBay and have their buyers protection. Didn't see a sign, and I'd guess a lot of other people didn't either. Too bad they don't have a special tag, like the sold and for sale and not for sale ones, that says to contact the vendor to play, that they would need to put on each game, so people could tell better.

Hope everyone had a safe drive in the rain! GoinToYork.jpg

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

In the spirit of Jester keeping the wife happy, I just mentioned to my wife that we needed to start a WOZ fund...
the best part, she didn't roll her eyes, no looks, just an "ok"....(which is very positive!)

I'd like to talk my husband into that as well! He's still at the "look at me like I'm insane" stage when I mention the price, even when I mention that there are older games that go for twice that. I think he'd change his mind if he got to play one though....must work on dragging him to the next show

So, any special techniques in getting the spouse to not eyeroll? Did you have to sort of lead up to that statement for a few days, or be really extra special nice or anything? lol. Congrats on the 'approval'.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

I'd like to talk my husband into that as well! He's still at the "look at me like I'm insane" stage when I mention the price, even when I mention that there are older games that go for twice that. I think he'd change his mind if he got to play one though....must work on dragging him to the next show
So, any special techniques in getting the spouse to not eyeroll? Did you have to sort of lead up to that statement for a few days, or be really extra special nice or anything? lol. Congrats on the 'approval'.

now this is a reversal...I have heard so much on Pinside about husbands trying to convince their wives...this is the first I have heard of the other way around. I like it!

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Ebay link

Founds some pics (Sorry not the best pics) of the cool T2 Rope lighting...YORK18.jpgYORK17.jpgYORK16.jpgYORK19.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Patchogue, NY
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside