(Topic ID: 66359)

YORK Pictures, Highlights And Pinsiders!!!

By Jesterfunhouse

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YORK18.jpg
YORK19.jpg
YORK17.jpg
YORK16.jpg
GoinToYork.jpg
DSC01406.JPG
DSC01402.JPG
DSC01398.JPG
DSC01397.JPG
DSC01395.JPG
DSC01394.JPG
DSC01392.JPG
DSC01391.JPG
DSC01393.JPG
photo.JPG
YORK15.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

This was my second year at YORK and I went to both days and was in Pinball heaven! I took WWF Royal Rumble to share and got lots of great feedback on the machine. It was great fun going by the machine and talking to people that were playing it. I met half a dozen pinsiders this way including "VLADTHEIMPALER" (Who took first place in the WOZ tournament-Picture below). We had never met before but ended up hanging out quite a bit at the show. Only issue with my machine I had was a spotlight fixture coming loose and clogging up the ball trough. It was an easy fix (Thanks to Pinsider HERG for texting me to let me know!). Seemed like the machine was popular as every time I passed by there was a crowd around it. Knowing how much work I have put into it, for me, it was very rewarding to see so many enjoying it all weekend. I definitely encourage everyone to bring a machine next year. I found mine was treated very well. It was also great seeing Don "BURNINGMAN" again and playing a game of Metallica together. Some other notable highlights were playing the latest machines including WOZ, Star Trek and Metallica as well as several others I fell in love with like EARTHSHAKER. Also my two sons taking 2nd and 4th place in the kids tournament (Picture below). Also the event organizers and vendors especially Cointaker, Chris and Melissa were great (They hooked me with a free T-shirt and some other cool items for being a good customer!). Enjoy the pictures and post your highlights and pictures.YORK12.jpgYORK12.jpgYORK11.jpgYORK11.jpgYORK10.jpgYORK10.jpgYORK9.jpgYORK9.jpgYORK8.jpgYORK8.jpgYORK7.jpgYORK7.jpgYORK6.jpgYORK6.jpgYORK5.jpgYORK5.jpgYORK4.jpgYORK4.jpgYORK3.jpgYORK3.jpgYORK2.jpgYORK2.jpgYORK1.jpgYORK1.jpgYORK13.jpgYORK13.jpg

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

thanks for the pics!

#3 10 years ago

Looks like a great time. Thanks for posting.

#4 10 years ago

Got to love when the kids get into it. That is the best part. I am sure your kids will remember this for a long time to come. Its something they did with Dad. I missed it this year because we went to ComicCon but looks like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing!

#5 10 years ago

No doubt. This was my first show and really enjoyed meeting Herg and seeing Jester and his family. It was definitely worth going to and will do it again next year. I don't have too many pictures but will see what I have and post them later.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for posting! That Data East STAR WARS game was sweet - great condition. I kept returning to it LOL.

Sometimes a "least-expected" title can grab my attention and on Friday, it was Star Wars.

#7 10 years ago

BTW...I would lay money that your Royal Rumble got as many plays as some of the "new" games. I never walked by it without seeing someone playing it. Jester...any chance you had a play count before/after the show? I think you might be surprised. And the game looked fantastic, you did a nice job on it...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

Thanks for posting! That Data East Star Wars game was sweet - great condition. I kept returning to it LOL.
Sometimes a "least-expected" title can grab my attention and on Friday, it was Star Wars.

I posted a picture of the Star Wars machine because I loved playing it too. I wish it was there both days!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

BTW...I would lay money that your Royal Rumble got as many plays as some of the "new" games. I never walked by it without seeing someone playing it. Jester...any chance you had a play count before/after the show? I think you might be surprised. And the game looked fantastic, you did a nice job on it...

Yeah I WISH I had checked the before and after plays. I forgot to do it before I left. I guess I will just have to bring it again next year LOL!

#10 10 years ago

Pretty sure the Royal Rumble got more plays than anything other than Metallica, Star Trek or WOZ. On Saturday there was *always* a group playing it.

#11 10 years ago

Was great meeting you and your family, and hanging out at the show Jester. Was also great meeting and talking to other pinsiders and non-pinsiders alike. Was an amazing show! I really enjoyed playing Royal Rumble for the first time, and it was truly in my top 3 pins I played at the show all weekend! Loved hearing Macho Man Randy Savage call outs from across the room!!! OH YEAH!!!! The LEDs looked fabulous! That game is definitely going into my wishlist. Thanks again for bringing it Jester and thanks for posting the pictures too! I am already having pin withdrawal today!!!

#12 10 years ago

It was a good show...I wish I had a chance to have met more people! Yet again, I constantly find that these shows and events can be less about actually playing pinball then about meeting others and things like that....all good though!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Vladtheimpaler-8:

Was great meeting you and your family, and hanging out at the show Jester. Was also great meeting and talking to other pinsiders and non-pinsiders alike. Was an amazing show! I really enjoyed playing Royal Rumble for the first time, and it was truly in my top 3 pins I played at the show all weekend! Loved hearing Macho Man Randy Savage call outs from across the room!!! OH YEAH!!!! The LEDs looked fabulous! That game is definitely going into my wishlist. Thanks again for bringing it Jester and thanks for posting the pictures too! I am already having pin withdrawal today!!!

Congrats on winning the WOZ tournament! You are well on your way to being the next PAPA champ! I am glad my pinball playing tips helped out...maybe I can hire on as your coach for future tournaments...I take payment in Cointaker LED bulbs...

#14 10 years ago

HUO TAF always had a line. I took a TRS which got a ton of plays. Seems the short supply of DMD titles meant that there were not many machines open

#15 10 years ago

True, a good percentage of the DMDs were with vendors and not available for free play...frustrating!

#16 10 years ago

Us Northern Va/WVa guys should go in on a box truck next year. Hell, if I had a way to get them up there, I would bring all 4 of my machines.

That WOZ has been working on me since I left York...a 2 hour drive, and all day yesterday trying to figure out how/when to grab one.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I posted a picture of the Star Wars machine because I loved playing it too. I wish it was there both days!

Yikes sorry. It came home with me Friday night I offered to leave it for another day, but the seller had already started tearing it down for me lol. Amazingly clean machine inside and out. The plastic inside the death star had broken off the target, but it's superglued on - we'll see how long it holds.

This was the machine I'd spent a long time looking for, and didn't think there would be one here at all. Happy surprise to find it, and coincidentally, perfect for my husband's birthday that day too!

Does anyone know what was up with the other Star Wars that was there briefly? It sat with no tag and unplugged at the end of the row for a few hours, then it was gone.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

True, a good percentage of the DMDs were with vendors and not available for free play...frustrating!

That was the worst thing about this show. Stingy vendors who wouldn't set their games to free play. Pfft. For a game I can't play, I'll get it off eBay and have the buyer protection.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

Stingy vendors who wouldn't set their games to free play

And if you were to play it they would stand right behind you jibber jabbin breaking consitration getten on your nerves...Didn't a seller want a down payment to let someone test a pin last year?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

That was the worst thing about this show. Stingy vendors who wouldn't set their games to free play. Pfft. For a game I can't play, I'll get it off eBay and have the buyer protection.

That's why Cointaker is by far the classiest, best vendors at all these shows. Great people to talk to, great discount pricing, great products and they bring machines, new ones even, and let people have at it. Star Trek and Metallica were there for all to play. I bet those machines got 1000 plays total all weekend!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

That's why Cointaker is by far the classiest, best vendors at all these shows. Great people to talk to, great discount pricing, great products and they bring machines, new ones even, and let people have at it. Star Trek and Metallica were there for all to play. I bet those machines got 1000 plays total all weekend!

Totally agree!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

That is BS. They should not be allowed to have the game there and not be on free play. I could see maybe charging per game for something special or rare, but even then all proceeds should go to charity.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I could see maybe charging per game for something special or rare, but even then all proceeds should go to charity.

That's a really good idea! Any new pin plays 5 balls for 25 cents. They will still have lines at them.

#24 10 years ago

The vendors pay for the floorspace and it's certainly permissible for them to set up their retail games for display and not for free play.

Having said that, it does not "play" well at these shows because it gains the reactions many of you are expressing.

I would argue that a better "separation" from the free play area might be better. I remember in Allentown this separation was blurred and confusing as well.

#25 10 years ago

Thanks guys we always try to have the newest games at the show for all the people to try out I hope you guys enjoyed them

#26 10 years ago

I'm in sales for a living. I don't know what the fee was for the vendors, but in my opinion, they are loosing more than they are gaining by not having them on free play.

If a vendor set up games on free play and had a nice conversation with a casual soft sell this would go miles. You never know who you are talking to. It may be a guy that looks like trash, but has a wad in his pocket. You might be planting a seed that your business is here to help a prospect to buy a pin. Maybe now, maybe later. The vendor is building a relationship with the prospect. If thats done right, you will have a customer for life.

Cointaker is perfect example of this...their business plan and execution is spot on. They made me feel like a long lost friend when I came up to their booth this weekend, and all three of them were great to work with.

Vendors, if you want to suceed in this business....watch and learn from the Cointaker crew....

#27 10 years ago

PennSkier has it right. The vendors that pay for space can do whatever they want with their games. It isn't that hard to pick out the vendor spots. The vendor spots are along the outside walls. It has been that way for the past 17 years that the show has been around.
But the problem is for the vendors that letting the game get played all weekend at an event like the show is that now the game is not "new" and most people will expect to get a huge discount on a "used" machine.

The Star Wars that was powered off was one that someone had brought in to "test". Which caused a lot of confusion as to why it was there, who it belonged to and if the person taking it out really owned it.

#28 10 years ago

The games I noticed that were not on free play were shopped games. Not new titles...
lol, seemed like the "new" games were all on free play...Metalica, Star Trek, WOZ x3

shoot...the HUO Addams Family that had only 200 plays on it probably added another 500 after the weekend.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

PennSkier has it right. The vendors that pay for space can do whatever they want with their games. It isn't that hard to pick out the vendor spots. The vendor spots are along the outside walls. It has been that way for the past 17 years that the show has been around.
But the problem is for the vendors that letting the game get played all weekend at an event like the show is that now the game is not "new" and most people will expect to get a huge discount on a "used" machine.
The Star Wars that was powered off was one that someone had brought in to "test". Which caused a lot of confusion as to why it was there, who it belonged to and if the person taking it out really owned it.

The vendor in question who had there games on attract mode only were selling routed games, that were far from shopped or even serviced. They were high priced to most peoples standards and if they were to turn them on free play, might be able to sell more of them, along with talking with the people playing and developing some sort of business relationship with the potential customers.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Thanks guys we always try to have the newest games at the show for all the people to try out I hope you guys enjoyed them

Loved the games!

Does anyone else have some pictures to share?

#31 10 years ago

The kids all love this machine!YORK15.jpgYORK15.jpg

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

The vendor in question who had there games on attract mode only were selling routed games, that were far from shopped or even serviced. They were high priced to most peoples standards and if they were to turn them on free play, might be able to sell more of them, along with talking with the people playing and developing some sort of business relationship with the potential customers.

Agree! It's the same story every year with those guys. Their TZ had a beat pf.

#33 10 years ago

Speaking of Super Mario Mushroom World, my friend's machine shows this error message. If anybody knows what it means, I'd be in your debt!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#34 10 years ago

looks like it was great show.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Speaking of Super Mario Mushroom World, my friend's machine shows this error message. If anybody knows what it means, I'd be in your debt!

photo.JPG 93 KB

I don't have a manual, but it is telling you that chip U3 is bad (it also looks like or W6 ?)

#36 10 years ago

Whats the point of this pinball show if games are pay to play? I guess I am spoiled by TPF. The way people were talking up the York show the past month I figured this one was a big deal, but if you have to pay to play most of the DMD games......

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Whats the point of this pinball show if games are pay to play? I guess I am spoiled by TPF. The way people were talking up the York show the past month I figured this one was a big deal, but if you have to pay to play most of the DMD games......

These are games brought by paying vendors that have chosen not to have their games on free play. Some vendors do but if they show up and sell everything than those games are gone as well. If people want games in the freeplay area they should bring a game. These shows exist because of collectors/hobbyist. Want bigger shows with more games? Bring more games.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

These are games brought by paying vendors that have chosen not to have their games on free play. Some vendors do but if they show up and sell everything than those games are gone as well. If people want games in the freeplay area they should bring a game. These shows exist because of collectors/hobbyist. Want bigger shows with more games? Bring more games.

I brought a game for the time to this show, in the pouring rain no less. I'm glad I did, it was cool to see other people interested and excited about the game as well. I will do it again.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

photo.JPG 93 KB

I'm not sure what language that is or why it is in that but usually the Bad u3 or u6 message is caused by the battery being dead. My game (the one in the picture) did the same thing the day I was packing it up to bring to the show. You will need your soldering iron to replace the battery. Gottlieb soldered them in. You can either get the new battery that also needs soldered in or just solder in a holder and make it easier.

#41 10 years ago

Glad you had a good time. Thank you for taking time to share pics.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

The only games that were pay to play at any point was when the Wizard of Oz tournament was ongoing and the money from that tournament benefit a children't charity. Other that that NO GAMES WERE SET FOR PAY TO PLAY!

Once again, the vendors that pay for the spaces can do whatever they want with their games and do not have to set them for free play, turn them on or anything else. They do not even have to have games in their booths. This has been the case for the 17 years that the show has been put on and will always be the case.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

The only games that were pay to play at any point was when the Wizard of Oz tournament was ongoing and the money from that tournament benefit a children't charity. Other that that NO GAMES WERE SET FOR PAY TO PLAY!
Once again, the vendors that pay for the spaces can do whatever they want with their games and do not have to set them for free play, turn them on or anything else. They do not even have to have games in their booths. This has been the case for the 17 years that the show has been put on and will always be the case.

I guess you mean that no games in the freeplay area were set for pay to play, as the wall of games from the vendor was not freeplay at any time, regardless of WOZ schedule.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from rmarket:

I'm not sure what language that is or why it is in that but usually the Bad u3 or u6 message is caused by the battery being dead. My game (the one in the picture) did the same thing the day I was packing it up to bring to the show. You will need your soldering iron to replace the battery. Gottlieb soldered them in. You can either get the new battery that also needs soldered in or just solder in a holder and make it easier.

THANK YOU!!!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I brought a game for the time to this show, in the pouring rain no less. I'm glad I did, it was cool to see other people interested and excited about the game as well. I will do it again.

Which game was yours? This was my first time bringing a game too and I loved it.

#46 10 years ago

hey Jester...I have a few pics but they are only of specific games...I will post those later tonight.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Congrats on winning the WOZ tournament! You are well on your way to being the next PAPA champ! I am glad my pinball playing tips helped out...maybe I can hire on as your coach for future tournaments...I take payment in Cointaker LED bulbs...

LOL...you are too funny Jester! Before this tournament, I didn't even know there was a ranking system where you accumulated points. You can be in my corner..."Cut me Mick" You got it on the Cointaker LED bulbs...thanks for taking the time to show me those and explain what you use. I am hooked. Going to buy some from them very soon.

Here is a pic. Jester and Vlad (left to right)...I know you are all intimidated!!! LOL

DSC01393.JPGDSC01393.JPG
#48 10 years ago

Here are some of my pics. While I loved getting the chance to play the newer Sterns and Jersey Jack pins, and the DMDs that were there, I was just as thrilled to play the EMs and non-DMDs. I just love seeing and playing any pin I haven't played before, or pins I haven't played since I was a teen. This show was great for that! That's my girlfriend with the curls. She played in her first ladies tournament and took 4th. She had a blast and is looking forward to our next show. A girlfriend that loves pinball...I am a lucky guy!!! In fact, she wanted to play again on Sunday after the show ended, so we drove to Hanover, PA and played for several hours at Timeline Arcade. Highly recommended!!!

DSC01391.JPGDSC01391.JPG DSC01392.JPGDSC01392.JPG DSC01394.JPGDSC01394.JPG DSC01395.JPGDSC01395.JPG DSC01397.JPGDSC01397.JPG DSC01398.JPGDSC01398.JPG DSC01402.JPGDSC01402.JPG DSC01406.JPGDSC01406.JPG
#49 10 years ago

Ha! I played that 24 next to the Terminator. It played well.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

Ha! I played that 24 next to the Terminator. It played well.

I missed playing 24 and Independence day on the other side of Terminator. They were gone on Saturday, or at least I don't remember seeing them. I also missed out on playing Johnny Mnemonic and F-14 Tomcat also gone on Saturday. There appeared to be a lot less pins on Saturday than Friday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/york-pictures-highlights-and-pinsiders/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.