(Topic ID: 203962)

YOPP (Yopp's Overhead Pinball Projection System) how to video.

By dyopp21

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EAF88DC8-5449-4968-B9E5-15FBD8771AB6 (resized).jpeg
    E1DBCB09-E979-472E-BB70-2308045C64E5 (resized).jpeg
    50B55127-6ECD-46ED-BA7D-0A66F65EBAAB (resized).jpeg
    3m strips (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The camera mount screwed directly into the backbox? Eep

Quoted from dyopp21:

Anyway, a screw hole doesn't bother me at all,

The difference between an operator and a "there's a footprint on the bottom of my cabinet" collector, folks.

Seems like it would be possible to develop some sort of a clamping version of the mount that you could use to prevent screw holes if you care. Maintain the hinged arm so you can get the camera out of the way, but some bumpers on the front edge of whatever the clamp ends up being for when the playfield is up. Mount the converter to the clamping device you come up with. All good.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

At tournaments, I usually see cameras on free-standing mounts or a frame to avoid putting extra holes in a game.

That has a lot to do with them being easily movable from game to game, too. Not so much a requirement for a more dedicated gallery monitor.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

player is gunching the shit out of the machine

'gunching' is my new favorite word.

2 weeks later
    #68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I did.
    I will get some photos and post up my tips eventually. The players are really liking it.

The only bummer about your setup is that it's not attached to the game so that it doesn't stay aligned if shoved like the original setup.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yopp-yopps-overhead-pinball-projection-system-how-to-video?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.