(Topic ID: 203962)

YOPP (Yopp's Overhead Pinball Projection System) how to video.

By dyopp21

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EAF88DC8-5449-4968-B9E5-15FBD8771AB6 (resized).jpeg
    E1DBCB09-E979-472E-BB70-2308045C64E5 (resized).jpeg
    50B55127-6ECD-46ED-BA7D-0A66F65EBAAB (resized).jpeg
    3m strips (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

dyopp21 can you provide some info on the displays you are using? Brand, Size?

Thanks

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Sure! They are the cheapest 32” Visio 720P you can buy at Sam’s ($144). My local Sam’s always has a bunch of them in the bin. Don’t know the model number off hand, sorry.

Thanks. It's hard to gauge the size in the video. I was worried 32 would be too small.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone comes up with a way to safely but non-permenantly affix the camera to the backbox then please let me know.
    I am not an engineer but would really like to have a single camera to experiment with and be able to easily move to different games. I really like having it mounted on the game so the camera moves with the game when nudging.

We're looking at a way to use a bar clamp(s) to hold the camera. This should be portable and non damaging

1 year later
    #72 5 years ago

Here's a rig we made up based on your design. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212212888859233&set=a.10212212839938010&type=3&theater

to keep it from damaging the top of the backbox we mounted it between 2 clamps. This year we're going to upgrade to better cameras and better tvs

3 months later
    #74 5 years ago

We switched to this camera to get a better picture.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L454KHY

3 times the price though

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from x-out:

is the quality jump that significant? i'm not too worried about the added cost because i only need to outfit one table :p

We're using it at a pinball show on the newest machines (wonka, ACNC, BKSOR, etc) so we want the best quality

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yopp-yopps-overhead-pinball-projection-system-how-to-video?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.