(Topic ID: 203962)

YOPP (Yopp's Overhead Pinball Projection System) how to video.

By dyopp21

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EAF88DC8-5449-4968-B9E5-15FBD8771AB6 (resized).jpeg
    E1DBCB09-E979-472E-BB70-2308045C64E5 (resized).jpeg
    50B55127-6ECD-46ED-BA7D-0A66F65EBAAB (resized).jpeg
    3m strips (resized).jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Thanks yopp! Was researching how to do this in our parlor and the setup I had come up with was considerably more expensive and closer to the streamers setup. We don't intend to stream and just want tournament players to be able to see opponent play in about 4 positions. I'm going to put together a single unit and see how it's received. When you find the link to the camera please post.

#52 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing this- thats an awesome setup and I would very much enjoy playing at that location!

#53 6 years ago

quick question on the monitor >>
    do I need to look for anything special to be able to both mount and display in this vertical orientation?

no sams club card here so I will be examining options.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

When you find the link to the camera please post.

Camera link is in description of vid on YouTube.

#55 6 years ago

Your arcade looks so fun, I'd love to go one day.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

do I need to look for anything special to be able to both mount and display in this vertical orientation?
    no sams club card here so I will be examining options.

I think as long as it’s VESA compliant it’ll be fine.

Quoted from rufessor:

Thanks for sharing this- thats an awesome setup and I would very much enjoy playing at that location!

Quoted from solarvalue:

Your arcade looks so fun, I'd love to go one day.

Thanks! We’re just getting started! Got a few things in the works so I hope to keep improving for years to come.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Camera link is in description of vid on YouTube.

Ahhh graci!

#58 6 years ago

If anyone comes up with a way to safely but non-permenantly affix the camera to the backbox then please let me know.

I am not an engineer but would really like to have a single camera to experiment with and be able to easily move to different games. I really like having it mounted on the game so the camera moves with the game when nudging.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just look for four screw-holes arranged in a square on the back - the standard VESA mount. With that, changing from vertical to horizontal is no problem.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone comes up with a way to safely but non-permenantly affix the camera to the backbox then please let me know.
    I am not an engineer but would really like to have a single camera to experiment with and be able to easily move to different games. I really like having it mounted on the game so the camera moves with the game when nudging.

We're looking at a way to use a bar clamp(s) to hold the camera. This should be portable and non damaging

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We're looking at a way to use a bar clamp(s) to hold the camera. This should be portable and non damaging

please share your ideas when you work stuff out.

I have ordered the camera and converter. Gonna shop around local box stores to see what I can find for a cheap VESA tv and mount.

#62 6 years ago

This is great. It’ll make me proud if others start using my setup. Always nice to be able to contribute something positive to our wonderful hobby.

#63 6 years ago

Had to come to Sam’s today. Surprise! The TV’s I used are on sale right now. EAF88DC8-5449-4968-B9E5-15FBD8771AB6 (resized).jpegEAF88DC8-5449-4968-B9E5-15FBD8771AB6 (resized).jpeg

#64 6 years ago

heads up for anyone else ordering parts. I am trying to get things working and it appears >>>

You are going to need a male to male BNC connector in order to connect your camera into your converter box

https://www.amazon.com/ANVISION-6-pack-Jumper-Yellow-Connector/dp/B01ILYXR6A/ref=sr_1_4

Also worth note that the camera Yopp linked does not appear to come with a mounting plate or a power supply. That means you have to get a bit creative with the mounting ideas and also need to get a power supply (appears to need 12v 700ma)

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

heads up for anyone else ordering parts. I am trying to get things working and it appears >>>
    You are going to need a male to male BNC connector in order to connect your camera into your converter box
    amazon.com link »
    Also worth note that the camera Yopp linked does not appear to come with a mounting plate or a power supply. That means you have to get a bit creative with the mounting ideas and also need to get a power supply (appears to need 12v 700ma)

Thanks for bringing the cable and power supply up. I should've mentioned it. I ordered the cables and power supply in bulk so I kind of forgot about those. As far as mounting, I didn't need anything other than what came in the box and a few wood screw to mount the camera directly to the bottom of the plank.

2 weeks later
    #66 6 years ago

So has anyone set up a rig yet? Would love to see images of what you came up with!

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

So has anyone set up a rig yet? Would love to see images of what you came up with!

I did.

I will get some photos and post up my tips eventually. The players are really liking it.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I did.
    I will get some photos and post up my tips eventually. The players are really liking it.

The only bummer about your setup is that it's not attached to the game so that it doesn't stay aligned if shoved like the original setup.

#69 6 years ago

An early TourneyCam prototype years ago used a boom clamped to the backbox -- the stick-on rubber furniture protectors used for clamping grip slid so much (warm day) that the camera indeed crashed onto the glass. Irked the game's owner. Slightly dented the camera too. This boom clamp vibrated too much during play so I went with the behind the box boom.

The security cameras used here do a great job with low lighting. This is the biggest problem with cheap camcorders and USB cams.

If the camera has enough coverage you can also get the DMD into view -- this is useful when recording gameplay.
    For audience viewing this YOPP setup looks great!

Here's the old vid-rig discussion:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-camera-rig-club-tips-on-building-and-shooting-pinball-videos

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The only bummer about your setup is that it's not attached to the game so that it doesn't stay aligned if shoved like the original setup.

nah, not really an issue since the view is wide enough that a little nudging does not make a difference. If someone nudges too far then they are going to tilt anyway Even with nudging you can still see the action of the game and nothing goes out of screen.

The benefit of being wall mounted means I can easily slide in a new game to the slot with little effort. We tend to rotate things on a regular basis s this was the way to go.

1 year later
    #71 5 years ago

Been a little over a year since I posted this and, while I can't say any of it was a direct result of my system setup or the how-to video in any way, I've been happy to see more and more pictures of public arcades with gallery monitors mounted over entire banks of pins. I just hope that others have discovered the simple joy of having the monitors there during tournament play.

Yopp

#72 5 years ago

Here's a rig we made up based on your design. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212212888859233&set=a.10212212839938010&type=3&theater

to keep it from damaging the top of the backbox we mounted it between 2 clamps. This year we're going to upgrade to better cameras and better tvs

3 months later
    #73 5 years ago

does this camera meet the proper specifications for this setup? the original link to the camera in the video is no longer active.

https://www.amazon.com/Security-IR-LEDs-Weatherproof-Outdoors-Monitoring/dp/B07L3PM5BS

#74 5 years ago

We switched to this camera to get a better picture.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L454KHY

3 times the price though

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We switched to this camera to get a better picture.
    amazon.com link »
    3 times the price though

is the quality jump that significant? i'm not too worried about the added cost because i only need to outfit one table :p

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from x-out:

is the quality jump that significant? i'm not too worried about the added cost because i only need to outfit one table :p

We're using it at a pinball show on the newest machines (wonka, ACNC, BKSOR, etc) so we want the best quality

1 month later
    #77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We're using it at a pinball show on the newest machines (wonka, ACNC, BKSOR, etc) so we want the best quality

The BK:SoR video was blown out with this camera (I think it was this one...it was in the Marco area) and looked lower-res than 1920x1080 at GS. Is there a white balance on this camera?

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yopp-yopps-overhead-pinball-projection-system-how-to-video/page/2?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.