Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hey guys-

In another post, I mentioned I had swapped P1 for the Aux Power, with the DMD (Facepalm). Everything in my Tee'd Off restoral is all wrapped up, and I still do have sound, its just much lower than expected. The center cabinet speaker appears to be off, but my guess is there's just not enough juice to drive it properly.

I know my Aux power supply is faulty, as i swapped in a good one. I could buy a new one from PBR, but really wanted to try to repair this one.

Here are a few measurements I've checked so far:

*diodes D1/D2 show 12.25 VAC
*diodes D3/D4 show 15.8 VDC
*Pin 5 is +15.1 VDC
*Pin 10 is -12.05 VDC

I feel like the wave rectifier should be all set, they all also tested the same on the bench using the diode mode on my fluke. I'm really curious about Pin 5 (VR1, LM7812). Im not sure what the tolerances are on those voltage regulators, I know I should be getting +12 there, but not sure if +15 is ok, or it means the regulator is shot?

Only other thing in the circuit to test would be the op amps, and Im not really sure how to validate those.

Thanks for any feedback in advance!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 1 year ago

So, ended up grabbing one from Steve Young...he had them for like $40, so it was kind of a no-brainer!

I'm going to go through and still try to fix this for spares. I'll be measuring each Resistor and Cap on the bench, if anyone has any feedback on how to test the op amps and the TDA2040 audio amp I would appreciate it!

If the resistors and caps test well, I may just shotgun in the amps and probably voltage regulators, they're all pretty cheap, and shipping really doesn't change from its base rate from mouser/digikey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
2,520 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-system-3-audio-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.