IMG_5423 (resized).JPG
IMG_5599 (resized).JPG
IMG_5598 (resized).JPG
IMG_5597 (resized).JPG
IMG_5593 (resized).JPG
IMG_5582 (resized).JPG
IMG_5573 (resized).JPG
IMG_5571 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The Pinside Fast Food Burger of Choice (according to an earlier thread ...)
In-n-out. Always good.
rd

Next time order that burger Animal Style, try the fries the same way...Animal Style!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/03/the-in-n-out-survival-guide-we-ate-every-single-item-on-the-secret-menu.html

IMG_0396 (resized).JPGIMG_0396 (resized).JPG

IMG_0398 (resized).JPGIMG_0398 (resized).JPG

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

BBQ UPDATE!!
We took your advice and hit up County Line on the Riverwalk. We can have Roma's when we are in SoCal next time.
Got the 5 meat platter to share between us. $25. Oh boy! Can't walk now. 1x beef rib (Fred flintstone size) Pork ribs, sausage, turkey and brisket.
As good as any BBQ I have had. Very smokey flavour in everything, probably the smokeyest BBQ I have had.
Thumbs up!
rd

Wow that looks good!

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Long term Pinsiders will remember the frequent toilet discussions we have had over the years. Mainly focusing on the bad design of USA porcelain ware and the propensity for it to get clogged up with clag!
The Drury hotel we are staying at in San Antonio has the first dual flush cistern I can recall seeing in the USA. Its an Aussie made Caroma brand. It also has a Caroma pan, with "rest of the world" clag removal technology! I had to laugh when I saw it has instructions on the top These toilets are mandatory in all new builds in Aus/NZ and have been for 10-15 years now.
The new Caroma dual flush cisterns are 2 litre flush for "#1s" and 4.5 litre (only 1.1 gallon) flush for "#2s" .. as opposed to new USA toilets which are 6 litres EVERY flush and old USA toilets which are up to 5-7 gallons of water per flush!!
Those new Caroma toilets are quoted as saving around 9000 gallons of water per toilet per annum on average usage. That's a lot of water dude!! That would end California's perennial drought problems, if you think about it ...
This interesting plumbing discussion bought to you by your friendly commercial property developer, Mr RD!
rd

From roller coasters to toilets...you cover it all!

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

We are playing in a PAPA pre-Comp at the KickBack Cafe in Pittsburgh. 3 strike head to head.
Pretty cool place. They have about 20 pins here, all seem pretty good. BYOB if you want a beer.
Check out the flooring ... pretty cool ...
rd

Dig those pop bumper tables too!

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here it is, I still had the page up ...
» YouTube video
rd

Super nice collection!

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am assigning you to write a report chronicling your trip and the history and culture that you learned all along the way.

Her teachers can just become Pinsiders and read the thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.