IMG_5423 (resized).JPG
IMG_5599 (resized).JPG
IMG_5598 (resized).JPG
IMG_5597 (resized).JPG
IMG_5593 (resized).JPG
IMG_5582 (resized).JPG
IMG_5573 (resized).JPG
IMG_5571 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danni_nz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

Hey y'all!

Thanks for all of the nice comments and support. It means a lot.

I will obviously be posting on here too along with @rotordave, but for now I'm gonna go eat food and sleep.

#25 7 years ago

Had a good day settling in after waking up at 1 am in the afternoon.

Did some shoppin' and as you can tell, I was lovin' it.

IMG_9114 (resized).JPGIMG_9114 (resized).JPG

Seriously I loved it so much. The boots that I saw at Boot Barn were the best thing ever and I wanted to buy the whole shop.

And then had some actually really nice sliders at Dickies, which were definitely top notch. (Pork, brisket, & chicken, and I liked the pork the most because it had the best flavour, just for the record ).

IMG_9119 (resized).JPGIMG_9119 (resized).JPG

#98 7 years ago

The Danni Report on the Expo:

Aerosmith - it was my favourite game I played today (the pro version). The art is more beautiful than I initially thought, and although it's almost a retheme of some other certain games, I just had more fun playing it. I REALLY liked the lock shot that then shoots the ball into the 'toy box'. It was just a lot of fun for me.

BM66 - Eh. I didn't play it that much. It was really cute to look at though, and there is some cool stuff there to shoot at. I think if I actually learnt the rules I would love it, but I (obviously) don't know the rules at this point in time.

AFM Remake - I didn't play this one, but they looked aesthetically pleasing. The wider colour screens looked really good, but other than that that is all I can comment on. It looked (other than the different displays and speakers on 2/3 of the machines) the same as the real thing.

MM remake - Actually played this one. It was a nice feeling game. Just the same as the original Williams pretty much. I liked playing it! That's really all I thought. The only minor thing I can think of was that the flippers were a bit funky, but that is an easy fix.

--
Also, wanted to say thank you to Mar for the nice comment before.
--

Going to play a tourney tonight to get me ready for tomorrow. It'll be my first US tournament for this trip, so I'm hoping I don't flop.

#121 7 years ago

Quick update from me and a thank you.

I lost in the first round of the Women's World Championship 4-0. I played Beth Senturia, and I chose 3 of the games because I lost the whole time (Beth chose the first game because she was higher ranked than be at the time of the seedings being made).

We played Gorgar (Beth's choice), Aerosmith, Bally Playboy, and Whirlwind. (Games are in order from first game played to last).

No matter what I bloody did nothing happened. Like it was the worst day I've ever had. On Whirlwind, I soft plunged down the middle, so I hard plunged, and it went down the middle. Wtf Whirlwind, can you not? I can't just 'blame' that game (not blaming games or whatever just had bad luck lol), because ALL OF THEM JUST WERE THE SAME.

Anyways. Putting my sadness aside (haha), I want to thank Beth. Ya know, it just wasn't the best set of games ever, and she did well, so well done. I hope you progress further and further in the competition (as it progresses).

If Beth isn't on here can someone extend my congratulations and thanks to her? Thank you. I really do hope she does well. I know she can do it.

Also thanks to the guys at Fun Billiards for letting us play there. And more thank yous go to the Sharpe brothers for hosting everything and dealing with everyone, and then Brian who helped fix up all the machines, too.

Danni.

#129 7 years ago

Thanks for the sympathy y'all. I'm not too salty about it. I can redeem myself at Pin-Masters, TPF, or PAPA.

Side note that I got a lovely badge today, and then saw a dog at the event...

The badge and doggo were worth the entry fee. The buffalo/bison thing was also worth it.

IMG_9257 (resized).JPGIMG_9257 (resized).JPG

IMG_9262 (resized).JPGIMG_9262 (resized).JPG

IMG_9261 (resized).JPGIMG_9261 (resized).JPG

#132 7 years ago

Perhaps getting knocked out was a good thing, too, because we got to go to Toys R Us and find some treasures. Well... *a* treasure.

IMG_9282 (resized).JPGIMG_9282 (resized).JPG

And yes, it is a snow leopard - with a hat.

#160 7 years ago

I swear this is my 3rd favourite photo of the journey so far! Me doing some commentary for the pin masters with Cryss Stephens. Legit so much fun even though I sucked at it...

IMG_9311 (resized).JPGIMG_9311 (resized).JPG

IMG_9313 (resized).JPGIMG_9313 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#304 7 years ago

Hey everyone!

I'm back after at least 1/2 a week of silence (for no real reason, to be honest. I'm just lazy).

I want to say thank you to every single person who has congratulated me. It means a lot, especially to my now over-inflated ego. I also want to say thank you to all of the guys who have supported me over the years and have been cool dudes to me. It means a lot.

This is just the beginning of my tournament winning...

I've loved my time at TPF, actually, although I didn't play all the new games. The tournament was really fun. Thank you to Colin MacAlpine and the team for running that.

I am just super happy. And egotistical.

Also, you should support Spooky Pinball and MezelMods. They have good tshirts.

Now, time to get ready for PAPA.

#375 7 years ago

Today I played 3 P3 games. I played Heads Up (which I also played at TPF), Lexi Lightspeed (mode-based game), and then the demo Wizard training game.

Heads Up is my absolute favourite. It's a 2-player head-to-head showdown which I LOVE! I could have played it all day. Honestly. I just think the concept of it is fabulous, and it's just really fun to me. If you like the social side of pinball, and you like competition, then it is 100% for you. There's just a different sensation competing your friend at the same time. Y'all should play it and you will see what I mean.

Lexi is adorable, and the rules are super cool. The mode selection feature (where you use one of the 3 buttons on the side - not as complex as you would think) is super nifty. Totally for the regular tournament player.

Then I tried the Wizard game. It's way different to what y'all would consider pinball, as it isn't a 'game' per se, but it's bloody cool. I've thought about the concept previously, but never understood how you could execute it. P3 answered my thoughts and wishes! I can't really explain it, but basically it tracks your ball and it tests your accuracy and control [and etc, etc] in different modes. Although it's more of a demo, it was still super cool and definitely worth a look for people trying to test their different pinball playing skills! (NB: I was terrible at it hahaha I have like 0 skill but that's ok )

So yes. It was awesome to go and get a proper chance to play the P3 games. If y'all get a chance to play any, I'd highly reccomend it. If you can open your mind to something that is different, then I think you will enjoy the machine(s).

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't take that "yall" stuff back with you to NZ or people may think yous are related to yuns. Not a good thing!

Haha too late. I've already used y'all in at least one email to 4/7 of my teachers. Plus, if the last time we were in Texas was any indicator, I will be speaking Texas lingo for about a year and a half after we leave.

#469 7 years ago

Are you upset because you're getting NIBs that you don't really like that cost upwards of $5000? Well do I have the deal for you, folks.

Don't like the new art packages coming from your favourite companies? Are you constantly riddled with disappointment from different aspects of your NIB cabinets and playfields? Well say no more, my friends. I have found the answer...

IMG_9624 (resized).JPGIMG_9624 (resized).JPG

For a small $5, you can get your pin NIB, and do the art that *YOU* want to do!

Now. Want one of those pitch and bat games but don't want to cough up those 1000s of $$$ you have saved in your bank account for one? Well, again my friend, I have the classic deal for you.

IMG_9623 (resized).JPGIMG_9623 (resized).JPG

With a great theme and great artwork that no one could *possibly* scoff at, your $5 will give you a *WORLD* of happiness and joy!

Start your pinball collection today!
(Machines available from Five Below...)

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Five Below should sponsor you for PAPA

They bloody should. Although, I already have some sponsors....... (promos upcoming )
Still. Good idea. *emails the CEO*

1 week later
#549 7 years ago

Yaaaaaay it's almost over. Not yay because I'm leaving the US, but because the rest of my family is back home. I wanna go have a cup of tea with my nana and then cuddle my fat dogs.

Shoutout to my man Pete who is the best scorekeeper at PAPA, and has the best hat ever. Hands down. Plus he does some pretty good interviewing.
I was able to get a selfie with the famous hat, too!

IMG_9654 (resized).JPGIMG_9654 (resized).JPG

Regarding the tournament itself, I sucked (at least imo). Especially in B division. I just totally blew it, and nothing worked for me. Like it didn't matter what I did, it just wasn't good enough to get me to the top.

However, that is how pinball goes. So no biggie. I still got 3 big medals regardless...

Now I'm going to drink some more lemonade...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#579 7 years ago

Hey y'all,

Thank you for following our trip once again. It has been fun to provide you with a few hours of entertainment to fill in your day.

Thank you to the people who have been reading and interacting with us, both in the thread and irl.

Thank you to the tournament people who run and play in tournaments.

Thank you to Spooky Pinball and MezelMods for sponsoring me even though I didn't really do much Pinside work for y'all as such but thank you regardless. Everyone should buy a Spooky machine and get mods from Mezel because they are fun and fantastic and wonderful people. Plus both of the companies have adorable dogs. That makes them even better.

Thank you to my school for letting me do this and only 1/2 judging me negatively. Thanks to the teachers who encourage me (haha my maths teacher really tbh is kind of the only super excited one but ya know 5/7 of them think it's good), and letting me have weird schedules for work. I will catch up in the holidays on stuff I haven't done. (Haha >_<

I'm probably forgetting stuff but I gotta fly so haha gotta make it quick.

Thank you to my friends who have supported me and my hobby. Especially Joshua and Jeffrey. Y'all made PAPA one of the coolest things of my life and prevented me from being upset about my crappy tournament hahaha.

Most of all thank you to my mum for carrying my bags and dad for making this trip possible. It means a lot and I'm grateful that I am able to travel around the world with you guys and not just be left at home. I feel so lucky although I never express that to you. I love you mum and dad. Thank you for loving and supporting me for all these years. I really love you.

Danni.

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Danni, you two were hanging out all the time - new BFFs?

Ha, we have known each other for a few years now. Here is a super cringe photo from when we first met back when I went to my first IFPA World Champs...

IMG_0722 (resized).PNGIMG_0722 (resized).PNG

So not 'new' BFF, but definitely a BFF regardless...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danni_nz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread?tu=danni_nz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.