IMG_5423 (resized).JPG
IMG_5599 (resized).JPG
IMG_5598 (resized).JPG
IMG_5597 (resized).JPG
IMG_5593 (resized).JPG
IMG_5582 (resized).JPG
IMG_5573 (resized).JPG
IMG_5571 (resized).JPG
There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, I think it was pretty cool.
It'd be good to get some more time on it.
rd

Next time you make it to the west coast, code will probably be updated by then. No guarantees though.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Next time you make it to the west coast, code will probably be updated by then. No guarantees though.

I thought it was ok when I played it just now .. hard to hear it but it played nice.

I got an OK score for a first up game. Zac Sharpe got 1b. Roger Sharpe had 300m.

rd

IMG_4557 (resized).JPGIMG_4557 (resized).JPG

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

hard to hear it but it played nice.

It's got some of the best music in pinball! Try the Shame mode and you'll see what I mean. There is no code for it yet but the song is reminiscent of Rawhide!

#104 7 years ago

It was great meeting you guys at Expo last year! Have a blast!!

And my offer to show you a good time in California still stands whenever you find your way out here

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

It was great meeting you guys at Expo last year! Have a blast!!
And my offer to show you a good time in California still stands whenever you find your way out here

You know it! A trip to the San Fran area is way overdue.

rd

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You know it! A trip to the San Fran area is way overdue.
rd

SF or "the city" or San Francisco is what I've been told. Using that other term ticks off the locals apparently... and as a future SF resident myself, I don't want to piss off the locals

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's got some of the best music in pinball! Try the Shame mode and you'll see what I mean. There is no code for it yet but the song is reminiscent of Rawhide!

Is the mode really called "Shame"? Now this I find interesting

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Is the mode really called "Shame"? Now this I find interesting

He was a villain in one or two episodes. Check my avatar for reference. They still need to code all the minor villains, but when they do the game will be verging on epicness.

#109 7 years ago

Playing in a 3 strike Comp at Nicklerama in Garland tonight.

Lots of Pinsiders here including Frax and Xerico.

Awesome to see lots of people in an arcade. Just like the 1980s!!

rd

IMG_4566 (resized).JPGIMG_4566 (resized).JPG

IMG_4567 (resized).JPGIMG_4567 (resized).JPG

#110 7 years ago

Too bad you're not stopping by Michigan

1489625728503773259190 (resized).jpg1489625728503773259190 (resized).jpg

#111 7 years ago

How did i miss AFMR when was that announced?

#112 7 years ago

Sorry i missed Nicklerama tonight.
Looked like fun

-- Jeff
History of Pinball

#113 7 years ago

HERE TO CHEER ON DANNI! WOOOO!

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Playing in a 3 strike Comp at Nicklerama in Garland tonight.
Lots of Pinsiders here including Frax and Xerico.
Awesome to see lots of people in an arcade. Just like the 1980s!!
rd

It was a great thrill to meet RotorDave and his family tonight.

Danni is going to be a pinball force for many years to come!

Thanks for attending tonight!

See you at Pin-Masters!

Marcus

#115 7 years ago

Good luck Danni. Thanks for posting this thread Dave. Interesting reads!!!

#116 7 years ago

love you kiwis

look what is happening while you are gallivanting in the US

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/top/326689/whanganui-river-to-gain-legal-personhood

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

love you kiwis
look what is happening while you are gallivanting in the US
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/top/326689/whanganui-river-to-gain-legal-personhood

I'm sure they've got better things to do than that ... seems a bit pointless. But whatever turns them on I guess.

rd

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

The Danni Report on the Expo:
Aerosmith - it was my favourite game I played today (the pro version). The art is more beautiful than I initially thought, and although it's almost a retheme of some other certain games, I just had more fun playing it. I REALLY liked the lock shot that then shoots the ball into the 'toy box'. It was just a lot of fun for me.
BM66 - Eh. I didn't play it that much. It was really cute to look at though, and there is some cool stuff there to shoot at. I think if I actually learnt the rules I would love it, but I (obviously) don't know the rules at this point in time.
AFM Remake - I didn't play this one, but they looked aesthetically pleasing. The wider colour screens looked really good, but other than that that is all I can comment on. It looked (other than the different displays and speakers on 2/3 of the machines) the same as the real thing.
MM remake - Actually played this one. It was a nice feeling game. Just the same as the original Williams pretty much. I liked playing it! That's really all I thought. The only minor thing I can think of was that the flippers were a bit funky, but that is an easy fix.
--
Also, wanted to say thank you to mar for the nice comment before.
--
Going to play a tourney tonight to get me ready for tomorrow. It'll be my first US tournament for this trip, so I'm hoping I don't flop.

I'll take your review over some of the ones we get around here anyday.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'll take your review over some of the ones we get around here anyday.

At least she has some idea of what she's talking about

rd

#120 7 years ago

We are at Fun Amusements for the Woman's World Champs (run in conjunction with the USA nationals)

Danni is pictured with Aviana who won the Idaho State Championship. Nice!

rd

IMG_4581 (resized).JPGIMG_4581 (resized).JPG

IMG_4585 (resized).JPGIMG_4585 (resized).JPG

IMG_4583 (resized).JPGIMG_4583 (resized).JPG

#121 7 years ago

Quick update from me and a thank you.

I lost in the first round of the Women's World Championship 4-0. I played Beth Senturia, and I chose 3 of the games because I lost the whole time (Beth chose the first game because she was higher ranked than be at the time of the seedings being made).

We played Gorgar (Beth's choice), Aerosmith, Bally Playboy, and Whirlwind. (Games are in order from first game played to last).

No matter what I bloody did nothing happened. Like it was the worst day I've ever had. On Whirlwind, I soft plunged down the middle, so I hard plunged, and it went down the middle. Wtf Whirlwind, can you not? I can't just 'blame' that game (not blaming games or whatever just had bad luck lol), because ALL OF THEM JUST WERE THE SAME.

Anyways. Putting my sadness aside (haha), I want to thank Beth. Ya know, it just wasn't the best set of games ever, and she did well, so well done. I hope you progress further and further in the competition (as it progresses).

If Beth isn't on here can someone extend my congratulations and thanks to her? Thank you. I really do hope she does well. I know she can do it.

Also thanks to the guys at Fun Billiards for letting us play there. And more thank yous go to the Sharpe brothers for hosting everything and dealing with everyone, and then Brian who helped fix up all the machines, too.

Danni.

#122 7 years ago

Better Luck next time Danni! Anyone who has played competitive pinball has had days like that. Continued safe travels....

#123 7 years ago

Bummer that your day went so sour. I'm sure everybody can relate.

#124 7 years ago

Danni,
thats how all my games go!LOL
the important thing is you were there and are a good sport about it. go get 'em next year! and enjoy the rest of your time in the states.
freddy.

#125 7 years ago

I think we have all been there before.

Last year at IPFA World Champs, I was playing in the last group and we had a chance to get into the top 32.

I played three games and all 9 balls just went SDTM. It became comical, the whole group was laughing because no matter what I did, the ball was drawn down the centre or the side drains like it was laser guided.

Shit happens. Whaaatttya gonna doooo ....

The Woman's World Champs is pretty brutal. Best of 7 games, you lose, you're out of there. No losers bracket, no playoffs, bye bye.

rd.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think we have all been there before.
Last year at IPFA World Champs, I was playing in the last group and we had a chance to get into the top 32.
I played three games and all 9 balls just went SDTM. It became comical, the whole group was laughing because no matter what I did, the ball was drawn down the centre or the side drains like it was laser guided.
Shit happens. Whaaatttya gonna doooo ....
rd.

play more pinball!

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Quick update from me and a thank you.
I lost in the first round of the Women's World Championship 4-0. I played Beth Senturia, and I chose 3 of the games because I lost the whole time (Beth chose the first game because she was higher ranked than be at the time of the seedings being made).
We played Gorgar (Beth's choice), Aerosmith, Bally Playboy, and Whirlwind. (Games are in order from first game played to last).
No matter what I bloody did nothing happened. Like it was the worst day I've ever had. On Whirlwind, I soft plunged down the middle, so I hard plunged, and it went down the middle. Wtf Whirlwind, can you not? I can't just 'blame' that game (not blaming games or whatever just had bad luck lol), because ALL OF THEM JUST WERE THE SAME.
Anyways. Putting my sadness aside (haha), I want to thank Beth. Ya know, it just wasn't the best set of games ever, and she did well, so well done. I hope you progress further and further in the competition (as it progresses).
If Beth isn't on here can someone extend my congratulations and thanks to her? Thank you. I really do hope she does well. I know she can do it.
Also thanks to the guys at Fun Billiards for letting us play there. And more thank yous go to the Sharpe brothers for hosting everything and dealing with everyone, and then Brian who helped fix up all the machines, too.
Danni.

Ouch, sorry to hear that Danni. It does happen to all of us though, and those games sound like a really tough group of games to me. Gorgar and Whirlwind can be especially brutal if the wind is blowing the wrong way (as I'm sure you know!).

Ahh well, plenty of time to train for next years. And I'm assuming you are competing at PAPA 20? Good luck and kick ass!

#128 7 years ago

Amazing who you find just aimlessly walking the streets of Fort Worth ...

Scabby old Nicks Figuuurrrreeeeessss!

What's the best thing to do when you find someone like this?

Go to Hooters.

rd

IMG_4589 (resized).JPGIMG_4589 (resized).JPG

IMG_4588 (resized).JPGIMG_4588 (resized).JPG

#129 7 years ago

Thanks for the sympathy y'all. I'm not too salty about it. I can redeem myself at Pin-Masters, TPF, or PAPA.

Side note that I got a lovely badge today, and then saw a dog at the event...

The badge and doggo were worth the entry fee. The buffalo/bison thing was also worth it.

IMG_9257 (resized).JPGIMG_9257 (resized).JPG

IMG_9262 (resized).JPGIMG_9262 (resized).JPG

IMG_9261 (resized).JPGIMG_9261 (resized).JPG

#130 7 years ago

It was great hosting a night for you on your last trip. Have an awesome time and go Danni!

With Volunteer Love! Tell the family we said hello.

Darin.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

It was great hosting a night for you on your last trip. Have an awesome time and go Danni!
With Volunteer Love! Tell the family we said hello.
Darin.

You guys should come down to Texas! Amy would love it!

rd

#132 7 years ago

Perhaps getting knocked out was a good thing, too, because we got to go to Toys R Us and find some treasures. Well... *a* treasure.

IMG_9282 (resized).JPGIMG_9282 (resized).JPG

And yes, it is a snow leopard - with a hat.

#133 7 years ago

Who sells those Pinball Is My Boyfriend pins??? =)

Cool that Mary and Anna were both in the tournie as well. Good peeps.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Cool that Mary and Anna were both in the tournie as well. Good peeps.

Someone should change pin to read: Pinball Is My Girlfriend - they'd sell a million of them

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Aviana's mother gave them to us. I'm pretty sure she said she made them.

Contact Boise_D (Dwayne, her husband) and he could hook you up, I'm sure.

rd

#136 7 years ago

It was nice to see you guys. That tourney was crazy. I had Keri Wing in my last two rounds. Pretty awesome that we had three top ranked women there. Keri beat me up, lol. She had a come-behind 60 million ball 3 on Walking Dead, then in the finals she just crushed dual sparky multiballs on ball one and none of us could catch up. I got REALLY close with a super-controlled sparky but not close enough....and then somehow tilted on an unsaveable ball. Not very sure if bonus would have been enough, but there was like a 7 million gap, so I don't think so.

#137 7 years ago

Danni and I played at Pinmasters World Pingolf Champs today. Held at Fun Amusements, the home of black and white floor tiles!

Finished my 9 rounds in 4th place.
Pretty happy about that, my best performance so far in international competition. Had 8 good games, blew out to an 8 on a dodgy Whirlwind but came right back with a 2 on Road Kings which was very pleasing.

Long way to go yet ... and you need to finish top 16 to make the playoffs on Sunday. Lots of hard work ahead.

rd

IMG_4596 (resized).PNGIMG_4596 (resized).PNG

#138 7 years ago

Oh yeah, this morning we met up with Xerico at R Taco for pre-Comp Tacos!

Cheap cheap! $2 to $2.50 per each. 2 for me, 2 for Danni.

4 for Xerico.

Very nice too! Recommended.

rd

IMG_4590 (resized).JPGIMG_4590 (resized).JPG

#139 7 years ago

Wait wait wait...

"R" Taco?! Is this Rusty Taco and they finally had to change their name because they suddenly realized that it sounded like a bleeding female apparatus? LMFAO...

Guess so!

"Looking for Rusty Taco? You found us! We are the same Rusty Taco you love, but now also known as R Taco."

/facepalm

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"R" Taco?! Is this Rusty Taco and they finally had to change their name because they suddenly realized that it sounded like a bleeding female apparatus? LMFAO

I dunno about that ... but I can see how it could be an issue.

rd

#141 7 years ago

Now THIS is a burger!

rd

IMG_4598 (resized).JPGIMG_4598 (resized).JPG

#142 7 years ago

Dave, excellent job on the first 9 of pingolf. Good luck tomorrow!

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Now THIS is a burger!
rd

Way too much bread in that!

#144 7 years ago

AMPED TO THE MAXXXXXXX!!

I just found out Anthrax and Killswitch are playing together the last night I'm in Pittburgh (Sunday night after PAPA!)

And Jasta too! I listen to his podcast every week.

Ticket bought!! Only $67 bucks!

Who else wants to come along?

rd

IMG_4604 (resized).JPGIMG_4604 (resized).JPG

#145 7 years ago

Havent been on Pinside for a while and was good to find this thread. Wont be going to PAPA this year Dave due to the A grade line up.. Just not for me. Bad luck Danni and Julie Gray for that matter but well done to Helena! Looking forward to more updates on this trip.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Havent been on Pinside for a while and was good to find this thread. Wont be going to PAPA this year Dave due to the A grade line up.. Just not for me.

No matter what the games were, you'd kill it Rich ...

rd

#147 7 years ago

Well half of them I never played (atleast I dont think I did) and the some others.. meh I just dont like playing them. Fathom, GB and Future Spa on the other hand I do like... Mehh theres always next time.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Righty ho!
Just a few days after the madness of Kiwi Pincade, and having 100 punters at my house, Danni, Fiona and I are at Auckland airport about to board a plane to Houston.
Danni is now the 5th ranked Woman's pinball player in the world so she qualifies to play in the Woman's World Champs played Thursday 16 March in Dallas. We will both play at Pinmasters Pingolf champs the next day.
After that, the infamous kiwis NICKS FIGUUUUURES and YEE show up and we roadtrip to the top of Texas for a steak at the world famous Big Texan Steak Ranch on Route 66 in Amarillo. Probably drive a bit of R66 over to OK City and then head back down to Dallas.
Then we will hit up the Texas Pinball Festival, and then do a circumnavigation of the state of Texas, touring the BBQ pits of the longhorn state. Then, we fly over to Pittsburgh for PAPA and then back home.
Look forward to catching up with fellow Pinsiders as we travel around the states for the next 5 weeks!
rd

Hey RotorDave!
(I sold an Elvira to you a ways back). I just wanted to say I think it's awesome seeing you take your family everywhere. Best wishes man !

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Hey RotorDave!
(I sold an Elvira to you a ways back). I just wanted to say I think it's awesome seeing you take your family everywhere. Best wishes man !

Cheers!

I'll never forget lifting that bloody Elvira down your stairs!

rd

#150 7 years ago

What a fun family adventure! When you make it up to Oklahoma City be sure to stop by Cactus Jacks. He has a fantastic lineup of 45-50 pins. There's two nice stops along RT66 in Arcadia, OK just north of OKC, The Round Barn and Pops (a place to eat).

https://g.co/kgs/WPJF51
https://g.co/kgs/tWfv6p
https://g.co/kgs/yGXvW9

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 594 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-rotordave-usa-travel-odyssey-thread/page/3?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.