Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 353 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9189A60-3462-441B-B8A5-457BAA3D0775 (resized).jpeg
    3892474E-F75D-456B-8068-F686C2D35B26 (resized).jpeg
    E2460B60-EA5D-4C5B-B7F5-652D5FD574D5 (resized).jpeg
    5555AD03-BFC3-4D04-9613-6B274135C2FF (resized).jpeg
    11D406C8-35AA-4889-8FE6-E577C61E31F3 (resized).jpeg
    032828B4-2620-4AB4-9F3A-CBA25D227EDB (resized).jpeg
    322D593F-06B2-48B4-9744-EAFA1ED8C7EF (resized).jpeg
    A6CFC975-65DA-47EA-8855-B77821124198 (resized).png
    E1450689-4096-44ED-BFB4-E3DFB5795CD9 (resized).png
    IMG_20190115_050055_5175 (resized).JPG
    pp,550x550 (resized).jpg
    9D0DA586-46BB-494D-8111-F35CB98507F6 (resized).jpeg
    18032E52-7ABB-47D6-96B5-30A5DD3D3B6F (resized).jpeg
    5F06B46C-F0D5-454B-A3E8-8A223D49BF51 (resized).jpeg
    B280F0D3-3B20-474E-BDDA-C8001184A635 (resized).jpeg
    A490FBCE-624B-4B7E-9D7A-9FF1D9776D2F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Who knew bears could climb trees like MFs?

Yep even the grizzlies can. And they can run way faster than you. Basically if a grizzly bear has decided it doesn’t like you, you are dead or in a bad world of hurt. Those black bears like you saw aren’t nearly as bad but still could be dangerous.

I have been working my way through this book, it’s simply frightening to read it.

https://www.amazon.com/Mark-Grizzly-2nd-Revised-Updated-ebook/dp/B006212KGS/ref=sr_1_1

#169 5 years ago

Get some of that cool history literature while you are in the belly of the dinosaur.

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

They had this period hearse there. It would take a while to do Route 66 in this baby!
    rd
    [quoted image][quoted image]

No problem though, if that’s your ride you have all the time in the world

#252 5 years ago

The Kings Inn looks like a good find. I've been to that Hotel Circle area about a zillion times over the years, but haven't been there in a while (We tend to stay at the Holiday Inn Express up the road these days, it sucks, but points). I am pretty sure I know exactly where that is, I think its a place we stayed at many times before (thinking the 80s and 90s) but I can't remember what it was called. Is there a little bit of space there that could be used for a small convention?

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Looks like it ...
    https://kingsinnsandiego.com/meetings-events/
    I was thinking about the “points” thing you mentioned yesterday, and the impact it has on an independent place like Kings Inn. Do points make everyone so loyal to a brand that they only stay in the same place?
    I’ve found with points you usually get a better deal without them - like if you book direct and get the points, you usually find the same place on hotels.com for cheaper (and not offset by any points advantages)
    So I book 95% of things with the Hotels.com app ... I do check around and usually most apps prices are much the same. After 10 nights with hotels.com you get a free night (based on average value of previous bookings) which is a nice bonus. Plus you’re not locked in to one particular chain. Sometimes a different one is better (location/price) in a certain city.
    rd

For sure that's the place we used to go all the time, for the life of me I can't remember what it used to be called. Probably stayed there a dozen times or more, and we often would play golf at that course that is right there which tends to flood all the time.

As far as the points go, it can work out either way. Everything you say is true for sure. I do a lot of travel for work where I am not paying anyway and I tend to take the Holiday Inn to get myself points. Its pretty easy to do because Holiday Inns are pretty much everywhere. I also have a Holiday Inn credit card which adds in extra bonus points and gives one free night a year. So it does add up to a decent amount that helps out on my personal trips. On our last 2-night trip we got both nights free at a nice place so that was a good deal. The downside is that you are always staying at a Holiday Inn, but its not so bad all in all. They have a lot of different properties to pick from, and for the most part they are decent places to stay. I generally have no problem with Holiday Inn Express other than their terrible breakfast.

I also have accounts with Hilton, Marriott, and all the other chains as well, and they add up after a while to where I can get a free personal night here and there. This is what happens when you travel a lot for work, which I have grown to dislike quite a bit over the years. I also fly almost all on American Airlines and am working on the 2 million mile mark. the first million gets you Gold membership for life and the 2 million mark gets you Platinum, but these aren't worth much these days. These days I do my best to avoid as many trips as possible, although I do enjoy the driving vacation trips like you are doing here.

#269 5 years ago

Apple pie!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-rotordave-travel-odyssey-la-vegas-az-tx-indisc-?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.