Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 353 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9189A60-3462-441B-B8A5-457BAA3D0775 (resized).jpeg
    3892474E-F75D-456B-8068-F686C2D35B26 (resized).jpeg
    E2460B60-EA5D-4C5B-B7F5-652D5FD574D5 (resized).jpeg
    5555AD03-BFC3-4D04-9613-6B274135C2FF (resized).jpeg
    11D406C8-35AA-4889-8FE6-E577C61E31F3 (resized).jpeg
    032828B4-2620-4AB4-9F3A-CBA25D227EDB (resized).jpeg
    322D593F-06B2-48B4-9744-EAFA1ED8C7EF (resized).jpeg
    A6CFC975-65DA-47EA-8855-B77821124198 (resized).png
    E1450689-4096-44ED-BFB4-E3DFB5795CD9 (resized).png
    IMG_20190115_050055_5175 (resized).JPG
    pp,550x550 (resized).jpg
    9D0DA586-46BB-494D-8111-F35CB98507F6 (resized).jpeg
    18032E52-7ABB-47D6-96B5-30A5DD3D3B6F (resized).jpeg
    5F06B46C-F0D5-454B-A3E8-8A223D49BF51 (resized).jpeg
    B280F0D3-3B20-474E-BDDA-C8001184A635 (resized).jpeg
    A490FBCE-624B-4B7E-9D7A-9FF1D9776D2F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

Always enjoy your threads...you guys have traveling down to a science! Who does the research before departing...any tips or secrets on the best way? (I’ve what websites are used?)

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmmm - good question.
    Often we will start with an event - in this case, INDISC. That gives us a certain date we have to be somewhere.
    Then, we wait for an airfare deal. Rack rate to USA is $2000 NZD per each. We like to pay under $1000 ($680 USD) return if possible. We book the airfares months in advance. I think we got these ones in June.
    So, depending on what airfare we get, that’ll give us the time period we have. Then we can go from there.
    This trip, we wanted to further explore the parts of Route66 that we had to bypass on the 2014 trip cause we decided to divert to Las Vegas midtrip.
    So, Williams, Bear-a-zona, Phoenix, and there are some cool historic western era towns down near the border.
    Just whatever we can cram in before INDISC.
    Often we have seen things on the net or in a documentary - like the Salton Sea and Salvation Mountain on the last trip - and we head there to check them out.

rd

Cool insight. How do you find all the iconic places...Chicago Pizza at Vegas...Wave Organ in San Francisco....you guys seem to hit the places that most people miss. Your like bloodhounds! Heck my friend in SF never even heard about tge wave organ until I asked him about it after reading your post LOL

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

One thing when you’re on the road for 4 weeks, you get to see the inside of a few Laundromats.
    We pack generally 7 days clothes - 7 socks, 7 undies, 7 shirts, etc - then every week, we wash!
    Today, I got a bit bored and took some pics and made a photo essay.
    “One hour in the laundromat”
    rd
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Growing up I used to play the pinball machines in quite a few different laundromats.

1 week later
    #128 5 years ago

That stuffed animal is what nightmares are made of lol

1 week later
    #209 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Tanker trucks sure are reflective ...[quoted image]

Cool picture. That door picture too!

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks! I’m all about doors for some reason. When we went to Europe last time, I got back and 90% of my photos were doors. And door knobs. Maybe because of all the history they have... these doors are older than our whole country. Or maybe I just like old doors. Ha!
    Here’s another mission door. Why not!
    rd
    [quoted image]

Yeah old doors are cool. I do like your photo capabilities as I enjoy taking pictures myself, I’m not very good at it though but the more I see stuff the better the ideas are coming to me while taking pictures.

#238 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Lots of shops selling “Dong Pills” ... is it a thing to cross over and buy pharmaceuticals? There sure were a lot of pharmacas.
    [quoted image]
    We just went for a quick walk around the downtown Tijuana area for a couple of hours ... that was plenty enough to see the sights and sounds.
    Taco Bell wasn’t doing much business today ...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unlike the US no prescription is required. So people tend to buy whatever pain medications they think they need and whatever is good to mix with alcohol and party on or abuse and smuggle it back home.

I went on a spring break cruise ship to Encinada and it seemed like everyone was packing from the drug stores lol

1 week later
    #317 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Crappy old rainy day in LA today ...
    We headed up to see Art mrart2u in Pasadena.
    We hadn’t been up there for a few years. Art is a cool cat with some cool old cars and some cool pinball machines.
    We took the Finns up there too, and they and the girls played pinball while me and Art talked for a couple of hours. Lol!
    Later local Pinsider Mark zh2oson popped over for a chat and some games.
    Art showed us this funky twin player Italian EM he has - maybe the only one left.
    [quoted image]
    The Finns and Danni played some Punk .. close score!
    [quoted image]
    Good times at Arts place! Thanks for having us over buddy, and nice to meet you Mark!
    rd
    [quoted image]

Punk is such a cool game and Art is awesome!

#332 5 years ago

So what would you say are the differences between Australia and America? Similarities? What’s the difference/similarities in people between the two countries?

#337 5 years ago

Lol ooops, I am embarrassed. Probably better educated in NZ then here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-rotordave-travel-odyssey-la-vegas-az-tx-indisc-?tu=Pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.