• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_1976_Grand_Prix_Manual.pdf (page 33 of 36).png
help.jpg
IMG_0754.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

have you double checked the gapping on all 500 point leaf switches, wonder if you just getting a hit from vibration. Also, when it switches from right to left there is relay that handles that shifting (on my game it has a little buzz when active to one side (right I think), I don't see you making any comment about that relay (I don't have the schematic in front of me), but I would also look at what is passing through that or near that (e.g. relative to a gap issue).

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

The only RE that will pulse the 100 point reels 5 times via the 100 point RE is the 500 Point RE.

I certainly may be wrong, but since the 1,000 point relay is pulsing 5 times, this 500 points may not be coming through the 500 point relay, but as a result of the 5 pulse to the 1,000 point relay triggering through to the 100 point relay via some path independent of the 500 point relay.

I certainly may be wrong on this, but the spinners go through the right and left bonus units, just like the top eject does, so if a spinner is stuck closed when in resting position, I believe that would result in the 500 points as well.

Williams_1976_Grand_Prix_Manual.pdf (page 33 of 36).pngWilliams_1976_Grand_Prix_Manual.pdf (page 33 of 36).png

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

so if a spinner is stuck closed when in resting position,

You should also be checking the switch on the right spinner relay vs the spinner itself. I have found that if the spinner itself is an 'closed' state other aspects of the game will not behave correctly.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

500 point relay is activating

If that is activating, then it is probably not the spinner, since that is a 100 point pulse. Certainly makes sense though to take a closer look at the 'change' relay, since a bunch of things run through that.

How are you advancing the match coil to switch from left to right for your testing?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We are advancing the match coil by hitting the two slings at the top on either side of the outhole.

I wonder if those are considered the 'stand-up' targets that feed the 500 point relay as Chrisbee pointed out, if so, I would check carefully there for a stuck switch, etc. hmm, I may have to go take a look at that tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-grand-prix-tech-question?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.