(Topic ID: 155964)

Yet another gameroom build thread

By amkoepfer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3190 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0312 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0311 (resized).JPG
    andy_toilet (resized).png
    20170605_212447 (resized).jpg
    20160917_160529 (resized).jpg
    20160917_122704 (resized).jpg
    20160917_122732 (resized).jpg
    20160916_164726 (resized).jpg
    20160916_175337 (resized).jpg
    20160916_175343 (resized).jpg
    20160820_213941_(resized).jpg
    20160813_140622_(resized).jpg
    20160819_193753_(resized).jpg
    DSCF0002_(resized).JPG
    DSCF0001_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Nice! I may hire someone to finish the drywall, or at least texture it, but i hope my room turns out that nice!!

I would definitely have a professional do the drywall finishing and texturing if you have never done it before.I used to work in construction and did everything else including the painting.It's an art to do it well.Money well spent and not that expensive.

#47 8 years ago

I've had people tell me they could do their own texturing but when I saw it in person,Holy Shit!

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Definately no on the popcorn, hate the look of it. Jhanley, i could see that being me if you saw my texturing! I may practice a bit and see if i can do it, but ill probably hire someone for it

Believe me ,you won't be sorry.I can do most things but I know when I'm licked.

#70 8 years ago

You shouldn't have the sheetrock meet at 4 corners .It's supposed to be staggered. Just a suggestion I was told by sheetrock workers.

2 weeks later
    #116 8 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

My latest update.....i hate drywall. I mean, a lot. I would rather have my toenails removed with a rusty pair of vice grips by a blind man than do drywall. Em room is getting close, but its slow going. Im hoping it will be drywalled by friday, and i am probably going to bring a pro in to finish and texture that room, so i can prime it, and clean it, and move everything in there to seal that room off so i can finish the rest. Holy run on sentence batman!

You won't be sorry hiring a professional to do that.Believe me.

#118 8 years ago

I don't know what it costs now but I paid $2500 to have my whole basement,2000 square feet taped and textured including the ceiling about 5 years ago.That was with materials.It took two guys a week to do it.

#122 8 years ago

The workers were really happy since I had done such a good job on the framing and hanging of the sheet rock.It made it way easier on them to do a nice job.They even asked me if I wanted a job but I could never do it fast enough to make it profitable.

1 week later
    #141 7 years ago

Now you have to put on the cornerbead.

1 week later
    #174 7 years ago

Quoted from amkoepfer:Em room is textured. 270 dollars for finish and texture. Not too bad

you got a good deal

1 month later
    #453 7 years ago

Go to a electric supply place to buy receptacles.Its way cheaper.Thats where electricians buy them and they usually sell to the general public.

1 month later
    #554 7 years ago

You definitely have to use the primer with floor leveler.I found out the hard way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-gameroom-build-thread?tu=jhanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.