(Topic ID: 155964)

Yet another gameroom build thread

By amkoepfer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3190 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0312 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0311 (resized).JPG
    andy_toilet (resized).png
    20170605_212447 (resized).jpg
    20160917_160529 (resized).jpg
    20160917_122704 (resized).jpg
    20160917_122732 (resized).jpg
    20160916_164726 (resized).jpg
    20160916_175337 (resized).jpg
    20160916_175343 (resized).jpg
    20160820_213941_(resized).jpg
    20160813_140622_(resized).jpg
    20160819_193753_(resized).jpg
    DSCF0002_(resized).JPG
    DSCF0001_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheMickster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 8 years ago

I’m a bit late jumping in with this post, so just my two cents…..for others going to do a basement remodel, here are a few ideas and my personal thoughts.

Why do so many think they have to box in the venting and duct work with 2 x 4’s and to then drywall and/or wood panel the four inch round/vertical support posts the same way, thus making these obstructions so large? …There is not a support issue with any of these objects at all, so make the boxing as small as possible is what I do, and I think is best.

I make the most of all space regarding all existing basement obstacles by just wrapping the post/s with vertical wood strips, there really is no need to make a 1 foot by 1 foot box around a stable steel post, and I kept my steel support beams as small as possible by mitering wood to fit…. I even panned my return round pipes/air return venting, (using sheet metal fastened to “just” 2x2’s) to eliminate those obstacles. Shit I would glue ¼ inch drywall to the square supply venting if I could figure out how to do that without it looking uneven or bad…..

Just my personal experience from doing a few basement builds/remodels and hopefully just some important input for others…

IMG_8280_(resized).jpgIMG_8280_(resized).jpg

#93 8 years ago

I understand....plus you do have a lot of room down there and I can see some potential for hanging "stuff" on the wall areas around the bar....

Great work....

2 months later
    #368 7 years ago

Great job, don't worry about extra receptacles, I have done a few basements, (myself, friends, and not for a living) and we also seemed to go crazy with the outlets, but they pay off as equipment and ideas change or just for some reason are really needed there...for sure..can't add them later, and cords suck...!

Again great job, and thank you taking the time to share...

1 week later
    #438 7 years ago

Here you go, make it look like a vent..

vent2_(resized).jpgvent2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheMickster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-gameroom-build-thread?tu=TheMickster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.