(Topic ID: 155964)

Yet another gameroom build thread

By amkoepfer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3190 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0312 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0311 (resized).JPG
    andy_toilet (resized).png
    20170605_212447 (resized).jpg
    20160917_160529 (resized).jpg
    20160917_122704 (resized).jpg
    20160917_122732 (resized).jpg
    20160916_164726 (resized).jpg
    20160916_175337 (resized).jpg
    20160916_175343 (resized).jpg
    20160820_213941_(resized).jpg
    20160813_140622_(resized).jpg
    20160819_193753_(resized).jpg
    DSCF0002_(resized).JPG
    DSCF0001_(resized).JPG

There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
    #351 7 years ago

My 1 wall i got done

20160616_175308_(resized).jpg20160616_175308_(resized).jpg

#352 7 years ago

Anyone have a t10l250v leaded fuse? Haha

#353 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Started doing a little painting with a good paint sprayer, got one part of the ceiling done and it quit working. Guess it wasnt so good. Took it apart, and it blew a fuse

Time to return it.

#354 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Time to return it.

Its not mine, its a guy from works. Cant return it broken!

#355 7 years ago

Bummer. I hate when I borrow something and it breaks.

#356 7 years ago

Bored at work and i started wondering if i have room in the basement for every gottlieb ever made. From baffle ball to barb wire (or brooks and dunn) Thatd be a huge collection! Maybe ill start smaller and try to find all 70s wedgeheads. That would probably fill my space right there

#357 7 years ago

George Riley in Ballston Spa, NY (?) has been trying to sell a collection consisting of every Gottlieb electronic ever made. Now there's some boat anchors if you ask me. And weren't wedgeheads made in the 60's?

#358 7 years ago

I love me some gottlieb. They made wedges in the 70s as well.

#359 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

i started wondering if i have room in the basement for every gottlieb ever made

Your gonna need a bigger boat.

#360 7 years ago

Ya, i suppose i should finish it before i think about filling it! Then ill go back to looking for as many games as i can afford!

#361 7 years ago

Sprayers fixed. Time to get to work!

#362 7 years ago

Since my drywall guy has been working late, he wont finish up until wed, so i decided im not going to do a whole lot till then. Tv room is primed, ceiling done, ready for color, but besides that room im waiting. I could do the em room and part of the main stretch, but id have to move all the games and everything else twice, so ill just do it this weekend. Once color goes up in the tv room ill post some pics!

#363 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Since my drywall guy has been working late, he wont finish up until wed, so i decided im not going to do a whole lot till then. Tv room is primed, ceiling done, ready for color, but besides that room im waiting. I could do the em room and part of the main stretch, but id have to move all the games and everything else twice, so ill just do it this weekend. Once color goes up in the tv room ill post some pics!

Sounds good.

#364 7 years ago

Little tv room took 5 gal of primer, gunna take a lot for the whole build!

#365 7 years ago

Tv room is getting close. Wish i would have went with a lighter grey, but im not changing it now!

20160621_153536_(resized).jpg20160621_153536_(resized).jpg

20160621_153556_(resized).jpg20160621_153556_(resized).jpg

20160621_153546_(resized).jpg20160621_153546_(resized).jpg

#366 7 years ago

Why did i think this many outlets would be a good idea??!! It takes forever to wire it all up!

#367 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Tv room is getting close. Wish i would have went with a lighter grey, but im not changing it now!

The gray looks good and some how very familiar.

20160418_125948_(resized).jpg20160418_125948_(resized).jpg

#368 7 years ago

Great job, don't worry about extra receptacles, I have done a few basements, (myself, friends, and not for a living) and we also seemed to go crazy with the outlets, but they pay off as equipment and ideas change or just for some reason are really needed there...for sure..can't add them later, and cords suck...!

Again great job, and thank you taking the time to share...

#369 7 years ago

Rob, that grey does look good. I thought it seemed dark, but once its all done i think the dark will be good. Glad i put in so many lights! Themickster, thanks for the reassurance! 8 more outlets to wire in this room, but i gotta go shoot some guns! Oh, its also 2 different colors in there. The back wall is darker, hard to tell in the pics

20160621_184838_(resized).jpg20160621_184838_(resized).jpg

20160621_184832_(resized).jpg20160621_184832_(resized).jpg

20160621_184818_(resized).jpg20160621_184818_(resized).jpg

20160621_184804_(resized).jpg20160621_184804_(resized).jpg

#370 7 years ago

We're running about the same square footage. I have just over fifty wall outlets. The big question is how many outlets you put on one 20-amp branch?

#371 7 years ago

I did 3 outlets on each 20a circuit in the game room so I was sure I'd have enough overhead for 6 pinball machines on each circuit. There were two circuits where I cheated and branched off for a TV, but these days they pull almost nothing.

In the other areas, you can pretty much do a room per 20A circuit, but code in my area is no more than 14 outlets on a single 20A circuit. I ran another 20A just for all my GFIs. I started in the bathroom and then branched off from there over to the bar, so there are only 5 outlets on that circuit. That way I can put one GFI at the start of the circuit and it will protect all the outlets down the line.

I'm installing a theater and ran two dedicated 20A outlets for all the equipment and the projector.

#372 7 years ago

The USPS sent me out to their technical center next to Univ. of Oklahoma for five weeks to become an industrial electrician. My main breaker panel is maxxed out. And that doesn't reflect the sub-panel I ran for my movie theater. Note: at clipping my movie theater can pull 80 amps; therefore, the sub-panel.

breaker_box_(resized).JPGbreaker_box_(resized).JPG

#373 7 years ago

I have one circuit with 15 outlets, i think thats the most, but i dont no that there is a code for number of outlets, its based on the draw. Of those 15, i think maybe 5 will be used max. I wish i would have done a few more circuits, but too late now!

#374 7 years ago

If i ran too many on the circuits, i can always cut out the last ones in line and it wont make a differance. I had 14 games plugged in to one outlet just to see if it popped, and they ran fine. Once i get it all wired, im going to try running them on the first outlet of every circuit and measure the voltage drop at the last circuit just to see. Its all done on a subpanel so i can probably still access it if i need to change circuits around

#375 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I had 14 games plugged in to one outlet just to see if it popped, and they ran fine.

but were all 14 being played? That's the tell all.

#376 7 years ago
    Quoted from fordtudoor:

Note: at clipping my movie theater can pull 80 amps; therefore, the sub-panel.

You're joking, right?

#377 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

but were all 14 being played? That's the tell all.

True, only 2 were being played. When i run my electric tests im going to need 15 people here to play the games while i check voltage drop!

#378 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You're joking, right?

No, I'm not joking. I have a Velodyne DD 18" sub-woofer with on-board amplifier that can peak at 3,000 watts. I am pushing a max. of 900 watts to each of the front three speakers, 200+ watts to each of the four surround speakers, then you add in the surround sound processor, the projector, the Oppo blu-ray player, and finally the amplifier for six (6) Buttkickers. Plus some ancillary lighting. It adds up.

#379 7 years ago

That is a lot of power! I see why you needed so much juice

#380 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

True, only 2 were being played. When i run my electric tests im going to need 15 people here to play the games while i check voltage drop!

Sounds like a party to me.

#381 7 years ago

O ya! A test and shop out party. Come on down paul, ill put you to work!

#382 7 years ago

****bring the novus, im about out!

#383 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds like a party to me.

Well the bar is designed for more than 1 person ...

By the way, I like that grey color. Looks good.

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

****bring the novus, im about out!

A party, and it's BYON?

Once you take a look at my machines, you might not want to let me too close to yours. Just sayin'.

BTW, I really like the dark gray.

#385 7 years ago

Scott, if i take a look at your games, youll probably make me go home with at least one super soccer!

#386 7 years ago

I have others as well--I think you have the room for a few more, right?

Shhhhh, don't tell the wife that I brought home a Big Hit on Monday--I really need to make room now. Hey, she left me home unsupervised this past weekend, so it is more her fault than mine.

#387 7 years ago

Thats true, definately her fault. Hey, you can permanently store as many as you want at my house! I wont even charge you a storage fee!

#388 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

O ya! A test and shop out party. Come on down paul, ill put you to work!

Love to but people keep ordering my leg light ups so it's work work work.

#389 7 years ago

I have a work room you can use on your breaks! I may have to look in to a few of those once im done. They look sweet!

#390 7 years ago

That would be nice but then I wouldn't have any time to work for you.

They really do light up a game especially with Beatmasters light up too.

#391 7 years ago

Scott, congrats on the big hit

#392 7 years ago

Another up vote here on the grey...looks good.

#393 7 years ago

Yay, Grey!

#394 7 years ago

I was hoping to get a lot of painting done tomorrow, but have some other stuff to do, so probably wont get to it until sat. I am hoping to have paint done by monday so i can move on. Most importantly to unsealing my games finally to paint the em room and play a lot of pinball! Free beer and pinball if you show up to my house with a roller!

#395 7 years ago

Long run is primed, still waiting on drywall guy to finish the kitchen bathroom section. Im kind of at a stand still until then.

#396 7 years ago

Drywaller is now done! Wish i could say what it cost but i have no idea anymore since i paid him a few hours at a time. Id say 7-800. Start paint in the morn, hopefully done by night tomorrow, except the em room will be later since i have to move everything out

#397 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Free beer and pinball if you show up to my house with a roller!

If I lived within a hundred miles of you I'd show up with a roller ready to go. This has been a blast to follow along.

#398 7 years ago

Haha thanks. Its mostly been my slow progress and bitching about the stupid problems, but thanks! Hopefully ill be able to get a good set of photos or a video of the paint done by monday or so. Feel free to stop by if youre ever in the area. The gameroom is always open. (Unless im at work, or sleeping, or gone somewhere)

#399 7 years ago

Primer done. Ceiling started. Walls this evening i hope

#400 7 years ago

20160625_154102_(resized).jpg20160625_154102_(resized).jpg

There are 603 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-gameroom-build-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.