• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2020-12-09 153618 (resized).png
Screenshot 2020-12-09 154015 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

So I put a new wiring loom on my gun because I've been having intermittent firing issues and the old one looked like it had been repaired before. As far as I know I soldered everything to the correct spots. After putting it back together the game is playing like it does when the gun is disabled in the settings which it's not because that's the first thing I checked. Whenever the the gun would come into play the diverter will not open to get the ball there. I did some switch and solenoid tests and the diverter and gun popper solenoids both fire. However, the optos in the gun chamber don't register in switch test which I'm not sure is just part of a bigger problem. I also used new optos so I don't think they are bad. Any ideas what can be causing this? Thanks

#2 3 years ago

optos have a positive and negative leg, if wired backwards they will not work.

#3 3 years ago

If the optos are wired backwards can that cause the whole game to play like the gun is disabled?

#4 3 years ago

Are you getting a credit dot whit a gun is broken error?

#5 3 years ago

It does have a switch 44 gun chamber error but that's most likely because I've been playing it with those optos not working. So, the error is probably showing up because the switch hasn't been activated in a certain number of balls.

#6 3 years ago

The error will go away if the optos register. So if all the other game optos work and the wiring is good. (Not broken in the wire line or bad solider board joints or bad molex) They are probably backwards.

#7 3 years ago

Yes I am going to have check them again to see if they're backwards.

#8 3 years ago

here are some pics

Screenshot 2020-12-09 153618 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-12-09 153618 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-12-09 154015 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-12-09 154015 (resized).png
#9 3 years ago

Thanks for the wiring diagrams. I just checked and the wiring was correct but I also saw that on one opto the bare parts of the wires were touching so I separated them and everything seems to be working normal again. Thanks again!

#10 3 years ago

Does anyone have the trigger switch to start the game, need one for my project

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yet-another-dirty-harry-gun-problem?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.