Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Magicchiz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1184 (resized).JPG
    falk-copper-cookware-11 (resized).jpg
    Alice (resized).jpg
    horiz-10-cool-facts-about-budgies (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm starting this up again with a positive spin. I was at dinner last night with a group of 4 pinball guys. I asked the question do any of you plan on buying Alice Copper. Money is not a problem for any of the group and everyone has purchased NIB games before. None of the group had purchased a "Spooky Pinball" yet. Of the group I was the only one excited about the Alice Copper connection but the Alice Copper title did not turn anyone off. The buying decision seemed to boil down to, is the playfield layout good with code that takes advantage of that playfield. Everyone agreed that so far Spooky pinball has not had a great playing game. Some questions to consider if the game is not already designed.

Should Spooky pinball hire a known game designer?
    How many toys should a great playfield have?
    What type of art? Hard and scary or campy.
    What else would you like to see in a Alice copper pinball? Guillotine? Snake? Chicken?

Personal note: I have played all of Spooky Pinballs games and enjoyed playing them, but I would not spend the money to buy any of them NIB. I really want Alice Copper to be great. Schools Out was released the year I graduated high school. He is one of my rock and roll heroes. Best of luck Spooky Pinball. My money is ready to leave the building.

#13 6 years ago

It looks like this group has the same general opinion as was expressed at last nights dinner table. Pinballlife have you seen a early version of the table or is your comment based on comments you have heard from others. Charlie said basically the same thing at the Atlanta show a couple of weeks ago. While I think he strongly believes in this title, and that it will be their best game to date, I have heard this type of thing before from a manufacturer. I was around when Capt. Fantastic and Evel Knievel came out and in the case of those 2 games the hype was correct. To me Alice Copper has the same type of aura as CF or EK. Lets hope the hype is correct.

O-din if they ever came out with a MC5 pinball my head would explode. You and I have to be the only 2 people on Pinside who know who MC5 is. Me... Im livin on Shakin Street.

#36 6 years ago

Pinballlife. After looking at your pinball ratings it looks like you have a pretty good sense of what makes up a good pinball. This gives me hope that AC will have a good layout. I'm hoping they can come up with some good code and art work to enhance the experience.

#37 6 years ago

Did they give any timeline on the game? Is it the next game to go into production or is TND next. If its a secret don't worry I won't tell.

#48 6 years ago

fireball2 Can you tell me where Shakin Street is?

#49 6 years ago

We better get back on topic. Sounds like the insiders think we are in for a treat with AC.

2 weeks later
    #56 6 years ago

Any news on Alice Copper? I'm thinking about taking a trip up to Michigan to see the factory and the AC whitwood if they will let me. I'm all in on this title if its as good as other in this post have said it is. I think I got Spooky's contact information when I saw them in Atlanta. Any updates large or small always welcome in this post. Thanks.

#61 6 years ago

That's what I get for going by memory. I found the business card Charlie gave me. Wisconsin is even better for me. I'm in Nebraska. Just knocked 300 miles off my trip.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yesmaybe-on-alice-copper?tu=fingersport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.