20160319_145833_(resized).jpg
20160317_152456_(resized).jpg
20160317_142347_(resized).jpg
20160317_135119_(resized).jpg
20160317_134029_(resized).jpg
IMG_6438_(resized).JPG
wwe_(resized).jpg
12108727_10153915796829244_2124138721477050772_n_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekreator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 8 years ago

Haven't played as much of the new code yet, but impressed so far. Definitely an improvement, as I've finally had an actual Tag Team Championship match against the Legion of Doom. Some of the basic changes, like opening up the ramps for full orbits when not in an active match makes the game play so much faster! Some of the combos feel great when you get on a roll!

At least on the LE model, the spinning disc in the ring is frustrating. It tends to make it very difficult to intentionally hit the pinfall. The slammers are tricky to aim with anyway, and then when that disc catches the ball, it sucks all the momentum out and tends to pull it to the center more often than not. I think the spinner could be adjusted in a future update to enhance gameplay further. It's fun during multiball modes, and certain instances, but not when it's constantly running during an active match. Maybe short bursts would add some randomness instead of constantly running and becoming a vortex sucking the ball away from everywhere you want it to go.

The smaller updates like the audio quality improvement, and the lighting control and changes really add to the overall feel and help making the game feel more polished.

2 weeks later
#83 8 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

What are the odds of a new update with more wrestlers and more animations for dmd ?

It would be awesome, but I doubt additional wrestlers will be added. The amount of work involved for the current DMD animations is incredible considering all the combinations of the 8 selectible wrestlers. The most recent update included new DMD animations for Andre the Giant and Ultimate Warrior though, so I suppose it could be possible. They really should have included Randy Savage as a playable wrestler.

My guess is if any extra wrestlers are added, they will simply be opponents for the one-on-one matches. Those animations are basically just a few frames of animation where they're shown bobbing up and down on the DMD during the match. The LE model has a bunch of Legends like Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Iron Shiek, Roddy Piper, etc... who only appear in this form, and do not include unique music or audio other than the ring announcer saying the name when the match first starts.

With PinballBrowser, it is possible to edit your own DMD animations, so you could technically replace one of the existing opponents with your own custom drawings. I had thought about trying this to replace "The Miz" with Yokozuna since Yoko is on the side art. (There are a ton of guys on the side art who are not included in the game at all... like Jake "The Snake" Roberts -- he'd be a good replacement character too over just about any of the current wrestler opponents.)

#85 8 years ago

Thank you for The awnser.
How many playable wrestlers is it in The Le version and witch ones is it ? Is it worth to buy the le insteed of the pro ?

The Pro model has 4 wrestlers (Triple H, Daniel Bryan, The Rock, John Cena) and the LE model includes those plus four Legends (Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels).

For me, the LE was the only option because it's based on the era of wrestling I loved the most. The extras on the LE model are also a big plus. Gameplay-wise, the LE model has a spinning disc in the ring, and a third flipper with the "Wham" arm for the upper rail. I'm not a fan of the Wham arm primarily because hitting the ball off a ramp causes the ball to dimple the playfield surface in front of the "Signature Move" target bank. The 500,000 points you get for using it successfully isn't worth the playfield damage to me. Others have said the "Wham" scoring can become really high by successive hits, but I've not used it enough to see it climb high enough to justify the use. The third flipper is cool, but doesn't really change the game too much. It does allow you to hit the WWE drop targets and the Signature Move targets, though often times it throws the ball into chaos and down the outlanes. I typically use it to slow the ball and feed it to the left flipper to measure up the next shot. In the new code, dropping the WWE drop targets is how you progress your end-of-ball bonus multiplier, so the third flipper actually comes in more handy now to complete those drops multiple times. The LE model also has the LCD "Mini-Tron" above the ring which shows wrestlers entrance videos, title belts, show logos during the various modes, etc... It's a really nice add on, and fun to customize with PinballBrowser.

Lastly, the LE has gold powder coated armor, and a traditional lock-down bar. Overall art package with Legends like Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Yokozuna, Hogan, Andre, etc... is also a huge plus.

And you get the Hulk Hogan autographed plate on the apron. (Just don't touch it, as the Sharpie wipes off like Dry-Erase pen...)

#92 8 years ago

I agree, the code update was a huge improvement! And if you can get an LE for $6k or less, that's a great deal! I ordered day one and feel a little bummed that the price has dropped so significantly, but resale value isn't a concern as wrestling arcade and pinball games are my thing. If you don't particularly care about wrestling, I'd say put that $6k towards Ghostbusters or a pin that really fits your preferences. But if you love WWE (and late '89s/'90s wrestling) it's a fun game to have, and Stern really did a great job with the DMD animations and incorporating the theme into gameplay and presentation.

I know several of you have watched my Twitch live streams of the new code, but for those who haven't you can check out my video-on-demand replays at http://twitch.tv/DavidBatman1980

#97 8 years ago

Does anybody know how many wrestlers opponents it is ? I know now that is 8 playable wrestlers in the le version, but how many and witch wrestlers can i fight against ? Can find a list anywhere

I replied back on your comment to my YouTube vids, but only listed a few of the opponents. Of course, there are more on the LE version since it includes Legends too.

Opponents that I can think of off the top of my head: Big Show, Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Kane - then the LE opponents, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Iron Shiek, Ricky Steamboat, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Legion of Doom - Hawk & Animal. (Hawk & Animal do not have DMD animation (maybe in a future update?), just on the LCD "TitanTron" with the logo.)

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Do one of you LE guy's mind checking your shooter lane? A picture (with the glass on even) would work too. I'm trying to see if it already has a metal protector in it. Pinball life sells them just not sure if they're stock or not.

Mine did not have the metal protector so I purchased one from PinballLife.com and installed it. Definitely an affordable and worthwhile upgrade.

#114 8 years ago

Yep, I find that the opponents tend to be the Legends more often if you choose one of the four LE wrestlers like Undertaker, Hogan, Austin, or Shawn Michaels. But often times the first match is always a current wrestler, then a Legend shows up as you get closer to the US Title Match. But it is random.

I've never made it to Ultimate Warrior or Andre the Giant yet, as I think Warrior is the Intercontinental Champion, and Andre is the World Champion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekreator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yes-yes-yes-stern-pinball-has-posted-code-update-125-for-wwe-pinba?tu=thekreator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.