(Topic ID: 168369)

YES! The Honda Fit does in fact haul pinball machines.

By TheDrewster

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BF4DD232-3FC7-467E-81B6-AE503BCF10C4 (resized).jpeg
    181FDC84-E4BE-4FFC-BBDB-1996F9B15E99 (resized).jpeg
    0333952B-0E3C-4B37-AEF2-45F003A3C56D (resized).jpeg
    9ED18F02-2488-4238-A8D7-A69ADB8AED42 (resized).jpeg
    20200822_170950_resized (resized).jpg
    20180115_131352 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9711 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    rfm_fit (resized).jpg
    20150617_090839 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Yesterday, I got rid of my 2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost that gave me nothing but problems and heartache, one thing after another. That truck had to have been the worst decision of my life. After blowing a $900 turbo coolant line that Ford refused to cover under warranty, that was the final straw. I said forget it, I'm not fixing it. I'm not paying Ford another dime. I drove it straight out of Ford's service bay right across the street to the Honda dealership and traded that sonofabitch in. I scored a 2013 Honda Fit Sport w/nav with only 17k on the clock and have fallen head over heels in love with it. It also eliminated all my car payments and put money back in my pocket.

I've seen pics of people hauling machines in Honda Fits and tonight, I did a dry run with an empty cabinet. Lo and behold, this tiny little putt putt vehicle just became my newest and most favorite 35mpg pinball hauler. I have yet to see if it fits a full size vid, but when I know, I'll post pics. Sure, it can only haul one machine at a time, but whatever. No big deal.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Hah badass! An Earthshaker to boot congrats!

On a somewhat related note: I had a similar issue with a 2010 Ford Fusion. Complete trash. I had rental cars (free of charge under warranty) more often than I did the fusion. Nearly got creamed on the freeway when transmission failed yet again and said enough is enough. Should have lemon law'd the POS but was just fed up and didn't want to drive it anymore; traded it in for a PriusC and loving that little car. But it doesn't fit a pin lol

#3 7 years ago

I think the Honda Fit is the coolest little car...congratulations!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I have yet to see if it fits a full size vid, but when I know, I'll post pics.

I think a full-size vid is ~20" longer than a pin. Perhaps a Nintendo cab would Fit?

#5 7 years ago

ive seen photos on RGP, quite a few pinheads in chicago own them. I too said "NO WAY!". Test drove one about a month ago when I thought my smashed car was going to be totalled (it wans't), opened the hatch, could not believe how much space was inside.

When I'm ready for a new car in 4-5 years, almost certainly going to buy a honda fit. Latest rumor is that honda is going to take the 1.5T engine from the civic (174hp), and modify it (most likely pull back some horsepower to gain more mpg). 2016 civic currently gets 31 city, 42 highway

#6 7 years ago

If you like money buy a Honda

Cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, low taxes, low insurance & they never break down.

We have a 2004 Element & 2009 Fit. Never made a repair. Owned since new. Thats 12/7 years of no repairs. I cant say that about the domestics I owned in the past.

Congrats on the car & pin

#7 7 years ago

Honda fit and scion Xb are both great small cars good on gas that haul a pin. Scion Xb has a little more space

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Honda fit and scion Xb are both great small cars good on gas that haul a pin. Scion Xb has a little more space

Wife drove a 2008 Xb for 9 years, traded it at 193k miles, never any issues other than wear items like brakes and tires. Had toyota not killed off the brand, she might have bought another one. I don't like anything toyota is offering right now either, they seem to be resting on their laurels and not innovating or offering a good wagon.

#9 7 years ago

Our family minivan is dying, and the only reason I'd keep it around is because it's the dedicated pinball hauler.

My buddy has a 2nd gen fit and I love it. It seems to do everything well, and now it'll hold a pinball machine?! I'm sold.

I'm curious though; has anyone tried to successfully haul a pinball machine with the most recent generation Fit? I heard they were a tad shorter.

#10 7 years ago

We've got a 2012 Fit and it's been a great car. We're already approaching 100K miles and haven't had any issues and get great mileage 36mpg+. The only issue I have with the car is that if you have young kids/babies with car seats you can't move the driver's seat back very far and if your a taller person (I'm 6'2) it gets really cramped in the front seat. Other than that though it's great. You can haul pinball machines or just about anything else. it's like a mini-suv. With snow tires the car can drive through anything. I think it's better than my 4wd Pathfinder in the snow/ice.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm curious though; has anyone tried to successfully haul a pinball machine with the most recent generation Fit? I heard they were a tad shorter.

pinwiki says 2015 slightly tighter
    http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

I can't confirm actual dimensions, but from what I saw it looked like a lot of room.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I have a 2015 and have moved stern ij4, stern star trek, cftbl, diner, joker poker, mars trek, and others with it no problem. Great little commuter car and pin hauler. I get a little over 40 mpg on highway trips.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I have a 2015 and have moved stern ij4, stern star trek, cftbl, diner, joker poker, mars trek, and others with it no problem. Great little commuter car and pin hauler. I get a little over 40 mpg on highway trips.

This is exactly the type of think I'm looking for in a vehicle. Thanks!

#14 7 years ago

Well based on its name, I'd expect it to fit.

#15 7 years ago

2008 Honda Fit owner and I have successfully fit the majority of my pins plus a Pac man and a Joust full sized arcade cabinets in my car.
    (Not at the same time lol)
    I love this car!
    Though I heard the newer Fits are a little smaller inside so measure first.

#16 7 years ago

I have yet to hear if the current generation Fit will "fit" a pinball machine.

Bory is the first person who comes to mind that would really benefit from finding out if this current generation will work. It is smaller

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Bory is the first person who comes to mind that would really benefit from finding out if this current generation will work. It is smaller

I dont think he has a new generation though, but he does have 3 or 4 of them and swears by them, says that they are the best cars he has ever had. But he also has an element, so i am guessing that he hauls pins in the element

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

2008 Honda Fit owner and I have successfully fit the majority of my pins plus a Pac man and a Joust full sized arcade cabinets in my car.
    (Not at the same time lol)
    I love this car!
    Though I heard the newer Fits are a little smaller inside so measure first.

I have a 2008 manual. It had 65k when I purchased it and is now up to 160k. I've transported about 20 pins in it. The only ones that did not fit was Class of 1812, the head had to be removed.

It is a great car, and the manual has a lot of zip for a 4 cylinder. Apparently not too many are avaliable older than a 2012, I have had several people ask if they can purchase it.

#19 7 years ago

I own a Honda Fit.
    The 4 inch "lip" at the back of the rear bay always looked like a deal breaker to me.
    Lifting the pin up and pulling it back to remove seemed like a lost cause.
    So I guess it can be done. Now I'll need to decide if it should be done.
    When I see that craigslist ad for a cheap pin that will sell in hours, I may just jump in my Fit and buy it.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Is there a redesign for 2017?
    I thought my 2015 was still the current generation.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I dont think he has a new generation though, but he does have 3 or 4 of them and swears by them, says that they are the best cars he has ever had. But he also has an element, so i am guessing that he hauls pins in the element

Right

Bory has the old style Fit & has stated before he is not confident the new generation will work. He does haul pins in his Fit.

Quoted from docquest:

Is there a redesign for 2017?
    I thought my 2015 was still the current generation.

Nope, you're in the latest gen. Good to hear the current model can carry a pin!!

#22 7 years ago

2014 here. I use it for long hauls, use my truck for in town. So cheap on gas.

20150617_090839 (resized).jpg20150617_090839 (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

Even Embryon fits in Fit

Wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it.

#24 7 years ago

My original 2009 Fit went to 240k miles before I got rid of it. I measured the new Fit when shopping which seemed ok. Went with a HR-V instead though

Always have to post this pic in these threads, my favorite Fit haul. Couldn't believe it worked! rfm_fit (resized).jpgrfm_fit (resized).jpg

Only games I couldn't fit were a Strange Science and an Arena, had to de-head both. Was able to fit a Haunted House but the front seat had to be at the front-most position, fun drive home.

#25 7 years ago

I bought a brand new Fit yesterday. Already in love with it.

#26 7 years ago

I have a 2013 Fit Sport. Here I am loading Twilight Zone in a week and a half ago!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Well based on its name, I'd expect it to fit.

Otherwise it'd be called a Honda Don'tfit.

rd

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

My original 2009 Fit went to 240k miles before I got rid of it. I measured the new Fit when shopping which seemed ok. Went with a HR-V instead though
    Always have to post this pic in these threads, my favorite Fit haul. Couldn't believe it worked!
    Only games I couldn't fit were a Strange Science and an Arena, had to de-head both. Was able to fit a Haunted House but the front seat had to be at the front-most position, fun drive home.

Can I ask what made you get rid of it?

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

Can I ask what made you get rid of it?

It was due for another set of shocks & struts plus some other maintenance which would have been over $2k, and received a trade-in offer that was very favorable for me. Probably could've run it to 300k at least, great little car.

#30 7 years ago

Fit and HRV are very similar. Same chassis and mid mounted gas tank location I believe. Slightly larger engine in the SUV Crossover model.

http://cars.axlegeeks.com/compare/24973-24987/2015-Honda-Fit-4-door-Hatchback-vs-2016-Honda-HR-V

3 months later
    #31 7 years ago

I know it's been a couple months but I finally got around to making a video showing how easy (or not?) it is to get a machine inside the Fit. Hopefully this encourages any prospective buyers who may be on the fence about getting one for hauling a pin or two. Also, for what it's worth, I hauled a Data East Simpsons to San Francisco (about 4 hours) and averaged 42-44mpg. Can't beat that.

#32 7 years ago

Cool video, man! I'm considering a new vehicle purchase in 2017.

#33 7 years ago

I have no clue how I got to this topic but that is a great video! It is almost like Honda engineered the car for this purpose. Thanks for the video.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I have an XB also and have hauled pins. What I have always wondered is, will an XB haul a NIB pin?

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I know it's been a couple months but I finally got around to making a video showing how easy (or not?) it is to get a machine inside the Fit. Hopefully this encourages any prospective buyers who may be on the fence about getting one for hauling a pin or two. Also, for what it's worth, I hauled a Data East Simpsons to San Francisco (about 4 hours) and averaged 42-44mpg. Can't beat that.
    » YouTube video

nice Video, how hard is it to get the pin out?

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have an XB also and have hauled pins. What I have always wondered is, will an XB haul a NIB pin?

I use my xbs all the time to haul pins either version will haul a nib pin it is just a little tight

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

I use my xbs all the time to haul pins either version will haul a nib pin it is just a little tight

That's good to know, thanks! Now all I gotta do is just find the money to get a new pin.

#38 7 years ago

Xb 2nd Gen will fit a stern no problem. It's gottlieb system 3 that's the worst. It will scrape the roof but will fit

#39 7 years ago

I always have a chuckle when the pin I'm hauling is worth more than the car I'm hauling it in(my 2002 CRV). I would love a Fit when it comes time to retire her.

#40 7 years ago

I love my Fit it has so much more room than you could even imagine when the back seat is down. The insurance is $300. Less than my old Honda Civic.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

If you like money buy a Honda
    Cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, low taxes, low insurance & they never break down.
    We have a 2004 Element & 2009 Fit. Never made a repair. Owned since new. Thats 12/7 years of no repairs. I cant say that about the domestics I owned in the past.
    Congrats on the car & pin

Amen

Here's 4 in my 2001 Honda Odyssey, best pinhauler ever IMO (and I still look great while driving it, too):

IMG_9711 (resized).JPGIMG_9711 (resized).JPG

#42 7 years ago

I've really been happy with my Fit. Super easy to haul pins in, fun little car to drive, and I only get told it's a "cute car" from time to time.

#43 7 years ago

ive hauled 3 pins so far in my fit, two loaded and unloaded by myself and it is easy-peasy. I fit a Surfer with the backbox off, with a dolly with big wheels and my buddy and I sat up front with our seats at our normal position. Then got like 38 MPG on the ride home Love my fit. Didnt like the foot of snow on the roads today tho lol

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

ive hauled 3 pins so far in my fit, two loaded and unloaded by myself and it is easy-peasy. I fit a Surfer with the backbox off, with a dolly with big wheels and my buddy and I sat up front with our seats at our normal position. Then got like 38 MPG on the ride home Love my fit. Didnt like the foot of snow on the roads today tho lol

Same here. We had a foot of snow overnight and it got me to work okay, but nothing like my Yukon. Haha. I should probably throw some weight in the back on days like this.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I should probably throw some weight in the back on days like this.

Sounds like a good excuse to go get another machine!

#46 7 years ago

I'm on my third Fit (due to accidents, no fault of the car). I've had two chances to replace the Fit with something else, and didn't, which says a lot. Only pins I've had trouble loading are Strange Science and Panthera. SS was too tall due to the piano hinge folding the head down onto the highest part of the body. I detached the head (but not wires), slid it forward a bit, good to go.

Panthera was too long, possibly because I have the genuine Honda center console installed. Still hauled Panthera by leaving it hanging on the cargo lip, pulling the hatch most of the way down with a strap, and shoving a folded blanket between the game & hatch. Totally fine in dry weather. Panthera might have gone in all the way in with the factory armrest, which is puny & attached to the right side of the driver's seat.

2 months later
    #47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I know I'm coming late to the party, but I can confirm that the 2016 3rd generation Honda Fit can indeed haul a pinball. It took my Monster Bash to the Texas Pinball Festival, cover the 600 mile round trip drive with ease. Mileage suffered a bit (around 36 mpg, compared to 40-41 I normally get) and it was tight, but actually slid in easier than in my 2007 Honda Fit. That said, Monster Bash doesn't have a shooter rod. If it did, I might have to remove it, or be squished up a little more. I'm 6'0" by the way.

Cheers-
    Mike

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Same here. We had a foot of snow overnight and it got me to work okay, but nothing like my Yukon. Haha. I should probably throw some weight in the back on days like this.

People thinking about getting a fit should also check out the Honda HRV. Its is slightly upgraded version of the Fit with AWD option so it would be better in snowy climates. Not as as expensive as a CRV but nicer interior than a Fit. Love my 2015 Fit and have transported many pins with it. Now that my kids are almost ready to drive I might give them the Fit so I can get an HRV.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

People thinking about getting a fit should also check out the Honda HRV. Its is slightly upgraded version of the Fit with AWD option so it would be better in snowy climates. Not as as expensive as a CRV but nicer interior than a Fit. Love my 2015 Fit and have transported many pins with it. Now that my kids are almost ready to drive I might give them the Fit so I can get an HRV.

The HRV was going to be my new car...until I got in it and couldn't straighten my neck. There's much less head room in the HRV than the Fit. I'm not overly tall at 6', but there's no way I could drive the HRV without a kinked neck.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

11 months later
    #50 5 years ago

You can fit 2 old SS or EMs into an 08 Fit at once.

The only thing I've had issue with is Gottlieb System 3. I had to take the head off a SF2 to get it home

20180115_131352 (resized).jpg20180115_131352 (resized).jpg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yes-the-honda-fit-does-in-fact-haul-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.