Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bsd_loops.JPG
    IMG_0566.jpg
    score_52_1.jpg
    FT_tomdotcom.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Don't laugh, but I just had to post. I'm sure many here have posted some pretty big scores but today I hit a personal pin milestone: my first billion+ point game.

After reading a post last week on IJ and discussing the wizard mode, I started making a concerted effort to reach it. Not only did I play my first Eternal Life MB a few minutes ago, I just narrowly missed the extra billion point bonus by leaving only the 4 right side lights of the PoA lit
    But no time to worry about that, I was just a few points away from my record of 933 mil.

By the time the dust settled and the final ball drained, I was half way through completing the modes again, I had earned at least 4 extra balls and I annihilated my best showing (ever on any game) with 1,238,737,010 points.

I'd love to hear about some of your most memorable big games!

#2 12 years ago

Well played

#3 12 years ago

Good job.

Batman forever gives you a billion by shooting the ball. Lol. But on just about anything else, it's a huge accomplishment!

#4 12 years ago

Don't you get that just by plunging the ball on AFM?
    I kiid, I kiiid...

Congrats Drano!

#5 12 years ago

That's pretty awesome, it's hard to get anywhere near 1bil on IJ imo.

The first night we had our IJ, I completed the modes and hit the Billion shot. I don't really go for modes anymore, usually the multiballs. lol

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Don't you get that just by plunging the ball on AFM?
    I kiid, I kiiid...
    Congrats Drano!

Maybe, but I haven't even set up the AFM yet. That would have been an easier route to my first billion for sure

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

That would have been an easier route to my first billion for sure

+1 Got my first billion on AFM.

#8 12 years ago

Link that IJ strategy post. Been playing a bit later. Would love to read it.

#9 12 years ago

I some how managed 2.6 billion on Stargate.

My father some how managed 4.9 billion on Stargate.

#10 12 years ago

Factory settings?

Very nice score.

Now I have to play my IJ today.

#11 12 years ago

My first billion was on Apollo 13...
    On SEGA machines a billion is virtually nothing, but on bally/williams games its a real accomplishment so well done!!!

#12 12 years ago

Welcome to the billionaires club. BOP was mine, I guess that doesn't count though lol

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from sixsixtie:

Link that IJ strategy post. Been playing a bit later. Would love to read it.

Here's the original thred that got me started.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-williams-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-cqmintrestored
    Somewhere in there somebody discusses the PoA strategy on Eternal Life MB. Apparently you have to try and hit it early on while your 30 second ball save is active. Easier said than done. I managed to hit the PoA with three balls in play and clear the left side. Never made it up there again to get the other side
    There's not really much strategy otherwise. You can switch which mode is up next by hitting ramps. I like to try and hit the well of souls 6-ball MB once super jets are reached. This really jacks up your score since each hit is 1mil. I also scored well on most of the modes which is a rarity. You can't stack modes in IJ which means you can't race to the wizard mode. Just gotta stay alive.

The only other really critical thing is to have your machine in great shape. My mode saucer is padded just right to minimise pop-outs and since I replaced the opto board, my PoA is smooth and responsive. Being able to hit the mode from either flipper is key. I'm usually about 75% but yesterday I was probably closer to 90% on saucer shots. Rare indeed!

And yes, my machine is set to factory settings.
    I've been considering tearing down IJ as my PF is perfect and I've been wanting to cc it before any wear shows up. Glad I waited.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Drano said:That would have been an easier route to my first billion for sure
    +1 Got my first billion on AFM.

All it takes to get a billion points on AFM is to plunge the ball.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Welcome to the billionaires club. BOP was mine, I guess that doesn't count though lol

I think it counts. At least the game tracks the billionaires club separately.

#16 12 years ago

I cracked a billion on my Fishtales, not an easy task I've posted this pic before, but I'm proud of this score so screw it haha

FT_tomdotcom.jpgFT_tomdotcom.jpg

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I cracked a billion on my Fishtales, not an easy task I've posted this pic before, but I'm proud of this score so screw it haha

Attachments FT_tomdotcom.jpg (212.2 KB, 0 downloads) 19 minutes old

That is a sweet score for FT. I want that game bad! It used to be in my local pool hall when I was a kid and I have great memories of it.

#18 12 years ago

I've seen your FT score before and I'm still impressed!

My best (not including AFM) is 1.6B on DW.

score_52_1.jpgscore_52_1.jpg

#19 12 years ago

WELL DONE!

Love that damned game and that wizard mode. Great ting aboot those gaems are no shortage of extra balls. Can keep you going.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

All it takes to get a billion points on AFM is to plunge the ball.

Yes, I know.

#21 12 years ago

Some great scores folks! The high score on this AFM is 72 billion with a martian kill high of 128, will be a long time before I beat those LOL!

#22 12 years ago

it's hard to get anywhere near 1bil on IJ imo.

+1...
    I just put this up on the Disneyland's crated IJ today.

IMG_0566.jpgIMG_0566.jpg

It was a PITA to get because the right flipper was barely working; I couldn't cradle with the right at all.
    But, it was pure adrenaline though!
    Left the credits for the kid that was cheering me on.
    Today was a good day...

#23 12 years ago

I am at the ~1.2B mark on my Super Mario Bros.

I can't really take that as a legit value though because there is a false register somewhere and even just hitting the flippers will award points. In certain modes, this type of point register can really add up. I don't take advantage of that, but have to play the game and the points just keep coming. When I fix this I'm going to reset the records and start from scratch since the game has been doing it since I got it. It just took a little while to figure out what was happening.

Anyone want to chine in with places to start, feel free to PM me.

#24 12 years ago

The first billion point score to get me really excited was on Tommy.

#25 12 years ago

Racked up 1.27 billion on POTC. Then the Owner of the machine beat that the next day with 1.29 Billion.

#26 12 years ago

I can't play that crated IJ at Disneyland. That thing is hardly ever working. Don't know how you managed that score NP. Fantastic job.... To both of you. My first billion was on BSD. I now have a score of 8.5 billion. Pic is in my profile.

#27 12 years ago

ianwho: That's an awesome BSD score!! My best is only around 3billion, and 59 loops.

bsd_loops.JPGbsd_loops.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yes-my-first-billion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.