Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YEGPIN 2020 Logo (resized).jpg
    Level-A-Suit__14540.1537533263 (resized).jpg
    Metro Logo  (resized).JPG
    Hughes (resized).jpg
    CPR Logo (resized).png
    TheRecRoom_Stacked_LogoTagline_EN_Dark (resized).png
    F8FEF975-526E-489C-85D9-789BC4FFD786 (resized).jpeg
    81CD5E6B-34B6-4E6F-ABD0-16D1D092FD54 (resized).jpeg
    6AF0A9C8-4882-470E-8413-682A7AE3E168 (resized).jpeg
    39FE4DDF-1543-444A-AB3B-924A4011E7AD (resized).jpeg
    A6B7DC55-199B-483E-9526-F303CA8F87C1 (resized).jpeg
    97EE32B8-21E3-4034-B185-B706E85FDAE8 (resized).jpeg
    Yegpin 2019 11x17 with sponsors-01 (1) (resized).jpg
    0001 (resized).jpg
    20200201_232930.jpg
    20200201_231650.jpg
    There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 4 years ago

It’s official!!!!

YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo will take place May 1-3, 2020 at the Millennium Place in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

-This is our 5th year anniversary of the expo, it is the only show in Alberta, but one of the biggest and best shows in Canada!!!
    -We had just over 175 machines at the facility last year and have space to have over 200 pinball and arcade games in the new facility.
    -6 pinball tournaments, 5 IFPA sanctioned events including our premier events the Canadian Pinball Championship and Women's Canadian Pinball Championship.
    -Full streaming of the main, womens, classics, high stakes, and youth pinball tournaments.
    -New and improved professional tournament setup with bleachers for competitors and spectators.
    -Last year we gave just under $24,000 in cash and prizes making this one of most lucrative tournaments in the country.
    -YEGPIN draws over 1,500 competitors, collectors, families and general enthusiasts of classic pinball and arcade games!!!
    -Huge support from national and local pinball and arcade vendors and many sponsors that help support the event!
    -Help support the show by bringing a pinball machine and win new pinball machine at the show!
    -A full licensed area with a huge selection of beverages for the entire weekend.
    -Modern, air conditioned recreational center, family friendly with a state of the art swimming pool facilities, fitness center, indoor track, food court area, etc
    -Excellent accommodation and rates and many choices of restaurants within blocks of the main facility.

More details are coming, we just wanted to give everyone a heads up early as our dates have changed from last year.

Pre-Ticket sales for VIP and Weekend Passes will be on December 15, 2019. Lookout for a re-launch of our website in the coming months.

#2 4 years ago

Sweet you know I’ll be there.

#4 4 years ago

I can't wait! The expo gets better each and every year. Thank you to everyone involved, it really is something I look forward to each year.

#5 4 years ago

Awesome! Thanks to the YegPin team for keeping this going!

#6 4 years ago

Great news, I’m super excited and will be there 100%!

#7 4 years ago

Sorry, can't make it. The border police have my picture up on the wall for some reason or other.

#8 4 years ago

Sweet!

I'll be volunteering this year.....I'm due

#9 4 years ago

Awesome news!!!

#10 4 years ago

Oh hell yeah!

I was so worried it wasn’t going to happen.

Last year was awesome, looking forward to it already.

#11 4 years ago

Congratulations... Looking forward to see what there this year ....

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'll be volunteering this year.....I'm due

Bringing the Slurpee machine from the 7-11?

#13 4 years ago

I’m in.

#14 4 years ago

Is Nitro still going to be a main sponsor? I sure hope so, they have been Awesome to Western Canada in the past. Or will Absolute Pinball step in??

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I can't wait! The expo gets better each and every year. Thank you to everyone involved, it really is something I look forward to each year.

Ssme for us, really looking forward to it.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #17 4 years ago

In again for year 5! Time booked off.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm afraid it would be like George Costanza pushing the Frogger game across the street.

#19 4 years ago

Great news and cant wait! We are very lucky indeed to have such a great show in our city

#20 4 years ago

One suggestion I have for 2020 is to record for youtube the entire competitive stream (or at least finals).

This year I was so looking forward to watching after the show ended but found out afterward it wasn’t considered.

We are so proud to have such a high level of competitors attend and recording on youtube is also a great advertising for YEGPIN to grow the show.

Either way, it’s a fantastic show but I think there is no reason why YEGPIN can’t become one of the greatest competitions in North America and moving toward pro-level, recorded competitive streaming in the future (like Pinburgh) will be key.

#21 4 years ago

Good news for sure.

#22 4 years ago

This was our plan last year we just forgot to hit the record button. It took a ton of work just to get the stream going as we were not able to utilize the wireless rig due to the interference in the facility. Aeonblack did an incredible job getting it together just so that we could get the stream going, we then forgot to hit the record button due to all the technical difficulties and craziness and the rest is history. We will have more time to plan and now know the limitations of facility so we will be better prepared and might have even a few more surprises for those who are watching in person .

So the plan is to record and stream:

Friday - CPC (Canadian Pinball Championships) - Night Qualifying Day 1
    Saurday - Pro Pinball Championship Playoffs - Semi Finals (if necessary), Finals
    Saturday - Classics Playoffs - Quarter Finals, Semi's and Finals
    Little Flippin Pinball Tournament (LFPT) Playoffs - Finals
    CPC - Round of 24, Quarter Finals, Semi's and Finals
    WCPC - Finals

Provided we have the volunteers the event the following tournaments will be fully commentated with some of the best sights and sounds from top level competitors.

Quoted from spinal:

One suggestion I have for 2020 is to record for youtube the entire competitive stream (or at least finals).
    This year I was so looking forward to watching after the show ended but found out afterward it wasn’t considered.
    We are so proud to have such a high level of competitors attend and recording on youtube is also a great advertising for YEGPIN to grow the show.
    Either way, it’s a fantastic show but I think there is no reason why YEGPIN can’t become one of the greatest competitions in North America and moving toward pro-level, recorded competitive streaming in the future (like Pinburgh) will be key.

#23 4 years ago

We don't really approach our sponsors till the fall, once we know who is confirmed we will let you know.

Quoted from nightsearcher:

Is Nitro still going to be a main sponsor? I sure hope so, they have been Awesome to Western Canada in the past. Or will Absolute Pinball step in??

#24 4 years ago

Maybe this is the year I get to make it?

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We don't really approach our sponsors till the fall, once we know who is confirmed we will let you know.

You should have been a politician lol

#26 4 years ago

I'll be there, but you can't make me hit record this year

#27 4 years ago

Oh hell ya!

3 weeks later
    #28 4 years ago

I'll be there. Last year was a lot of fun. Just don't know which pins to bring.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from dabomb1:

I'll be there. Last year was a lot of fun. Just don't know which pins to bring.

It will be good to see you again. You bringing some for sale again?

#30 4 years ago

The last two years I've been saying I want to make it to yegpin, then life gets in the way, followed by me regretting not going to yegpin. Hopefully 2020 is the year I break that habit!

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

The last two years I've been saying I want to make it to yegpin, then life gets in the way, followed by me regretting not going to yegpin. Hopefully 2020 is the year I break that habit!

You have to come!!It is a great event,so many machines

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Hopefully 2020 is the year I break that habit!

NOT HOPEFULLY!!! JUST COMMIT!! Also commit to the ultimate VIP PASS! then your truly commit!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

It will be good to see you again. You bringing some for sale again?

For sure. Just don't know which pins. I finished the Super Sonic I got off you 2 years ago. Put a lot of work into it.

IMG_20190826_1001556 (resized).jpgIMG_20190826_1001556 (resized).jpgIMG_20190826_1002470 (resized).jpgIMG_20190826_1002470 (resized).jpgIMG_20190826_1003093 (resized).jpgIMG_20190826_1003093 (resized).jpg
    #34 4 years ago

Holy cow that machine was in pretty rough shape, looks awesome you did an excellent job on that restore!!! Would love to see that at the show and put it a Classics tournament bank!!!

Quoted from dabomb1:

For sure. Just don't know which pins. I finished the Super Sonic I got off you 2 years ago. Put a lot of work into it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#35 4 years ago

Ya that does look great. I remeber that playfield was pretty much bare wood.
    Great Job! would like to see that at Yegpin as well.

#36 4 years ago

K. I'll bring it for sure

2 months later
    #37 4 years ago

Okay huge YEGPIN update!!!

* Full website will be live and tickets will go on sale at 10:00am MST on December 15, 2019.
    * A total of 150 VIP tickets will be available once they are gone they are gone, we are going to start with 100 Ultimate VIP Pass and 50 Hardcore Tournament Pass, this amounts available between the two is subject to change depending on popularity of the two options.
    * Two preferred hotels have been secured we have 30 rooms booked at each of them at our rates, book ASAP once full website is live if you want these special rates.
    * We are anticipating over 125 pinball machines and 25 arcade machines at the event making this the biggest pinball and arcade show in all of Canada.
    * Over 1500 people attended the show last year we hope we can continue to grow the community and bring a world class event to the Edmonton area.

New Stuff:
    * There are two types of tickets that will be available this year, Ultimate VIP Pass and Hardcore Tournament Pass both are $150
    * This year you will be able to register for tournaments if you miss out on VIP passes, the tournament registration is a one time fee of $25, you must purchase a daily or weekend pass and tournament entries separately.
    * A nominal entrance fee is now charged to those that are 6-12 years of age, the pinball tournament is free for those that participate.
    * The Pro Pinball Championship and Women's Canadian Pinball Tournament has been extended over two days.
    * The playoffs for CPC, WCPC, Classics, Pro Pinball and LFPT will all be live streamed this year.
    * The overall prize and cash pool for all tournaments should reach $20K.
    * New donor rewards, EM/Solid State - one entry, Moderns - two entries and Premium/LE versions - three entries for a draw of a brand new pinball machine (we are the only show I know of that provides a brand new machine to those that are kind enough to donate their machine for the weekend).

Please visit www.yegpin.com for more information, the ticket sales will be live at 10:00am MST on December 15, 2019, so don't miss out at the chance to attend Canada's signature event.

#38 4 years ago

WELL IM FRICKEN EXCITED!!!!

#39 4 years ago

Cool that the show is still going on! Is it being held at the same location as last year, the new Arkadium or somewhere else?

#40 4 years ago

Room booked at the Clarion, loved the tunnel of death connecting the venues.

#41 4 years ago

I just want to bring this to light, that Clarion will not be a preferred hotel for YEGPIN this year. We had many complaints about the hotel and worse off we had a sponsorship agreement that they re-nagged on at the last minute and cost our show over $600. I understand the convenience for people and totally understand if people go that route. I am just letting you all know the reason why we are not affiliated nor ever will be with that organization.

Quoted from blowback1976:

Room booked at the Clarion, loved the tunnel of death connecting the venues.

#42 4 years ago

It states in the first post or feel free to visit our website www.yegpin.com, that the event is going to be held once again at Millennium Place in Sherwood Park, hope you are able to make it out.

For those that would be interested to visit Arkadium Retro Arcade that week, you will be disappointed in that YEGPIN has made a sponsorship deal with Arkadium Retro Arcade to use around 65 machines to support our event so the facility will be closed all that week.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Cool that the show is still going on! Is it being held at the same location as last year, the new Arkadium or somewhere else?

#43 4 years ago

I want to clarify the post above about the announcement of Nitro Pinball not attending the show this year. I didn't want to make a spectacle out of this but it seems that our announcement may have been taken out of context by various groups.

I want to reinforce that Nitro Pinball has been a huge supporter of pinball across Canada for many years and has been a excellent partner for the past number of years at our show in particular. This was is in no way a statement from our group to put a negative light on the organization, they continue to be a great vendor for the pinball community and have our support for all of the good things that are doing for pinball.

The decision was a very difficult one for our organization as we have a vision and mandate to promote pinball and make sure our show is as inclusive as possible to everyone that attends. There were actions and responses this past year by Nitro Pinball that went against this mandate and it was determined by our membership that it was serious enough that a subset or certain groups would be affected by their inclusion of the event this year. We are not a political party with an agenda here, we are simple pinball and arcade enthusiasts just trying to increase awareness into the hobby, promote competition pinball and put on a great show for as many as people as possible to attend.

In my opinion and mine alone that the actions this past year don't warrant a life sentence here and my hope that all of as a community we can move on now. I hope that the Nitro is given a chance to be back at shows (if they choose) and that maybe this is a catalyst to finally end the negativity around a situation that happened a number of months ago. There have been true consequences for what I would call indiscretions and poor judgement and now it is time move on. The organization has paid the price between all of the negative comments in forums and exclusion from sponsoring certain events. I believe it is now time for all of us to get back to what we are all here to do and this enjoy this great hobby of ours.

I am removing all references to whom is not going to be at the show, in respect to a vendor that has treated us with nothing but kindness over the years. It seems that a subset of people have been using it as a platform to continue to shed a negative light on the situation and that was never our intent or the reason for posting it in the first place. The reason we announced this was out of respect for the people that come to our show every year validation that Nitro was not going to be at the show this year, that is all!!!

Thanks again for all of the massive support I have personally have received since our announcement and I hope to see you all the show later next year!!!

#44 4 years ago

For the love of pinball!!

And the hallway of death!

1 week later
    #45 4 years ago

Only two days until ticket sales for the YEGPIN - 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo held at Millennium Place in Sherwood Park, Alberta. We have been recently been given confirmation that the YEGPIN - Canadian Pinball Championships will be on the Stern Pro Circuit for next year. This is incredible news as our tournament will be the only tournament in Canada with this designation. Expect to see more top players come out from all over Canada and North America. What this also means there might be even more uptake on the VIP passes for this year, so please don't miss out on them and if you want the full package to the show then make sure you get your tickets early. Pretty impressive that after 5 years our small local show and tournament is now considered one of the top 20 in North America.

Stern Pro Circuit Logo (resized).pngStern Pro Circuit Logo (resized).pngCPC Logo (resized).jpgCPC Logo (resized).jpgYEGPIN poster logo (resized).pngYEGPIN poster logo (resized).png
    #46 4 years ago

How many VIP passes can a person buy? Asking for a friend or two.

#47 4 years ago

Sorry for delayed response I have been told a maximum of 12 at a time.

Quoted from Da_Vagrant:

How many VIP passes can a person buy? Asking for a friend or two.

#48 4 years ago

Ticket sales go live from the YEGPIN - 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo at 10:00am MST, do miss out on your chance to snag one of our VIP tickets!!!

The preferred hotels have now been posted onto the site, we are happy to partner with Best Western and Ramada for this years show. We have some awesome rates so please check out the website and book ASAP before they are all gone!!!

https://www.yegpin.com/accommodations/

#49 4 years ago

VIP pass purchased! I’m super pumped for this.

#50 4 years ago

For anyone thinking of attending for the first time, it is really a fantanstic show so highly recommend! And the new location has upped the bar even further! I can’t wait

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2020-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-1-3-2020?hl=pinhead306 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.