Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YEGPIN 2020 Logo (resized).jpg
    Level-A-Suit__14540.1537533263 (resized).jpg
    Metro Logo  (resized).JPG
    Hughes (resized).jpg
    CPR Logo (resized).png
    TheRecRoom_Stacked_LogoTagline_EN_Dark (resized).png
    F8FEF975-526E-489C-85D9-789BC4FFD786 (resized).jpeg
    81CD5E6B-34B6-4E6F-ABD0-16D1D092FD54 (resized).jpeg
    6AF0A9C8-4882-470E-8413-682A7AE3E168 (resized).jpeg
    39FE4DDF-1543-444A-AB3B-924A4011E7AD (resized).jpeg
    A6B7DC55-199B-483E-9526-F303CA8F87C1 (resized).jpeg
    97EE32B8-21E3-4034-B185-B706E85FDAE8 (resized).jpeg
    Yegpin 2019 11x17 with sponsors-01 (1) (resized).jpg
    0001 (resized).jpg
    20200201_232930.jpg
    20200201_231650.jpg

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 4 years ago

Very sad news indeed.
    But expected.
    Yegpin is an event I look forward to every year.
    We all appreciate all the effort you guys put in getting this years so ready for not.
    I think this long thread full of positive comments stands as a testament to what an amazing show you guys put on every year.
    Thanks to everyone the helps make this show happen.

2 weeks later
    #202 3 years ago

Just a heads up that we processed the final refunds today for YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo. Thanks to those that donated their show registration to our non-profit society, it is very much appreciated. The refunds could take up to 14 business days to refund back onto your credit card. If you have any issues with your refund please contact us directly at [email protected].

Stay safe everyone and lets hope for a better outcome for 2021!!!

1 week later
    #203 3 years ago

I’m sad! YEGPIN would have been next weekend. Are we all zoom conferencing and playing pins?

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I’m sad! YEGPIN would have been next weekend.

Yeah, I've been slowly watching the date get closer and closer every time I look at the calendar on my phone. I guess my disappointment about it not happening shows just how much I enjoy and look forward to it.

#205 3 years ago

As part of the moving crew and tech, my body isn’t complaining, but otherwise it’s a downer. Our group put so much into prep etc. Hopefully not over reaching, but we did come out of it in a stable position and personally I’m in for next year. We received many generous sponsorship donations of parts etc so it would’ve been the best show yet. Our group is very dedicated and I’m 99% sure we will make it happen next year as long as regulations permit. Everyone play on and stay healthy!

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

As part of the moving crew and tech, my body isn’t complaining, but otherwise it’s a downer. Our group put so much into prep etc. Hopefully not over reaching, but we did come out of it in a stable position and personally I’m in for next year. We received many generous sponsorship donations of parts etc so it would’ve been the best show yet. Our group is very dedicated and I’m 99% sure we will make it happen next year as long as regulations permit. Everyone play on and stay healthy!

All parts donations are still on hand and we will credit the donors for next show

#207 3 years ago

I should be cursing at pinball machines right now...

#208 3 years ago

I should be having a cold beer with Alberta'ns right now!
    FYTR'S LOUNGE-closed for the season!

#209 3 years ago

Yup this sucks. I’m at work now should be in a large room with a tons of pins getting wasted.

#210 3 years ago

Today is truly a sad day for me personally and all of the organizers, volunteers, vendors, donors and sponsors of YEGPIN. Reality has finally sunk in and all of the work that we put in to put on a world class pinball and arcade show was lost this year. Today we should be getting ready to open the doors and showing the public how great our hobby is. We should be promoting how awesome and fun competition pinball is, we should be seeing old friends, and making connections with new ones and most of all we should be celebrating how great it is to be a part of the hobby.

I am totally gutted for our entire community and this is going to sting for a long time. Just wanted you all to know that I am right there with you all and hope that the world is in a much different place come this time next year. Thanks to everyone who was patient with all of the refunds, we have always tried to do things the right way and hopefully that was the experience for you. I can tell you that we do have plans for next year, but nothing will be formally announced until we are 100% sure the world is ready for these kind of events again.

Take care everyone, stay safe, and lets all hope we can all put this behind us.

#211 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I should be having a cold beer with Alberta'ns right now!
    FYTR'S LOUNGE-closed for the season!

Great weather forecast too - such a bummer...

#212 3 years ago

You guys were nice enough to have it starting on my birthday too today would of been a great birthday

#213 3 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

You guys were nice enough to have it starting on my birthday too today would of been a great birthday

Happy birthday!!

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Happy birthday!!

Thanks!!

I'm getting drunk and playing pinball, so its all working out in the end.

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Mine is tomorrow so I was also hoping. Here’s to next year though. Happy birthday!

2 months later
    #216 3 years ago

Did I finish in a tie with Derek at yegpin 2020?! If this is technically correct..can i buy it on next year's t-shirt!?!

#217 3 years ago

Better yet we all finished in a tie with the best player in the world Raymond Davidson. Personally thou I would have rather been beat.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Did I finish in a tie with Derek at yegpin 2020?! If this is technically correct..can i buy it on next year's t-shirt!?!

#218 3 years ago

Man I miss Yegpin. Such a killer show, tournament and in Canada too.

Now I’m sad.

#219 3 years ago

Ya.. i watched him systematically destroy them pins at the finals in 2019.. I'm there for what's on the other side of the fence (hundreds of pins on free play and hanging with the community!) (&Fytr's lounge!) But the level of competition would of been crazy this year as I see you guys are the Canadian championship host now! Im sure more high ranked players were planning on attending! Can't wait for next year man!

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2020-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-1-3-2020/page/5?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.