Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YEGPIN 2020 Logo (resized).jpg
    Level-A-Suit__14540.1537533263 (resized).jpg
    Metro Logo  (resized).JPG
    Hughes (resized).jpg
    CPR Logo (resized).png
    TheRecRoom_Stacked_LogoTagline_EN_Dark (resized).png
    F8FEF975-526E-489C-85D9-789BC4FFD786 (resized).jpeg
    81CD5E6B-34B6-4E6F-ABD0-16D1D092FD54 (resized).jpeg
    6AF0A9C8-4882-470E-8413-682A7AE3E168 (resized).jpeg
    39FE4DDF-1543-444A-AB3B-924A4011E7AD (resized).jpeg
    A6B7DC55-199B-483E-9526-F303CA8F87C1 (resized).jpeg
    97EE32B8-21E3-4034-B185-B706E85FDAE8 (resized).jpeg
    Yegpin 2019 11x17 with sponsors-01 (1) (resized).jpg
    0001 (resized).jpg
    20200201_232930.jpg
    20200201_231650.jpg
    There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 4 years ago

Dibs on a poster!

#152 4 years ago

YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo is proud to present Classic Playfield Reproductions (CPR) as a Gold Sponsor for the event.

CPR is a proudly Canadian pinball hobby reproduction parts manufacturer for Playfields, Backglasses and Plastics. They use a mix of traditional and modern techniques to produce the highest authenticity, and continue to strive for newer and better ways to yield the best possible outcomes. The goal is to provide you with beautiful replacement parts that will supercharge your pinball restoration projects

CPR is providing YEGPIN with:

- Stars pinball backglass
    - Rolling Stones pinball backglass
    - F-14 mirrored pinball backglass

YEGPIN would like to thank the CPR for their generous contributions to the show. The items donated will be available in the silent auction area come check out their products at the show.

I have personally purchased plastics, playfields and backglasses in the past and really appreciate their contributions to the pinball community.

Feel free to check out their website at:

https://classicplayfields.com/

CPR Logo (resized).pngCPR Logo (resized).png
    #153 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

Dibs on a poster!

Good call

#154 4 years ago

I also definitely want a poster! This event is shaping up to be amazing!

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo is proud to present Classic Playfield Reproductions (CPR) as a Gold Sponsor for the event.
    CPR is a proudly Canadian pinball hobby reproduction parts manufacturer for Playfields, Backglasses and Plastics. They use a mix of traditional and modern techniques to produce the highest authenticity, and continue to strive for newer and better ways to yield the best possible outcomes. The goal is to provide you with beautiful replacement parts that will supercharge your pinball restoration projects
    CPR is providing YEGPIN with:
    - Stars pinball backglass
    - Rolling Stones pinball backglass
    - F-14 mirrored pinball backglass
    YEGPIN would like to thank the CPR for their generous contributions to the show. The items donated will be available in the silent auction area come check out their products at the show.
    I have personally purchased plastics, playfields and backglasses in the past and really appreciate their contributions to the pinball community.
    Feel free to check out their website at:
    https://classicplayfields.com/[quoted image]

They should also provide a Flight 200 backglass also.....................

#156 4 years ago

Sounds like someone wants to volunteer for the sponsorship committee next year

Quoted from wolffcub:

They should also provide a Flight 200 backglass also.....................

#157 4 years ago

YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo is proud to present Hughes Petroleum as a Gold Sponsor for the event.

It’s been 62 years since Hughes Petroleum Ltd. was founded as one of many independent “service stations” of the day. A lot has changed since then, and today Hughes’ foundation is still built on service. They serve retail gas and car wash customers, local businesses through fleet accounts, and some of the biggest construction projects in the province with onsite refuelling and fuel delivery. Hughes Petroleum always finds a way to provide reliable and sustainable service to all their customers. Hughes has over 20 locations across the Edmonton area and several more across the province. They have gas, diesel, propane, natural gas, cash wash bays for small and large vehicles.

Please check out their website for a location near you.

http://www.hughespetroleum.com/locations.php

YEGPIN would like to thank Hughes for their continued contributions to the show they have been a Gold Sponsor for all five years we have run the show!!!

They provide us with our transportation needs for the entire event which is huge considering all of the machine transportation and supplies we need to transport the event.

Hughes (resized).jpgHughes (resized).jpg
    #158 4 years ago

YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo is proud to present Metro Financial Planning as a Gold Sponsor for the event.

Scott Stinchcombe owner of Metro Financial Planning & his team of advisors have been providing Insurance & Investment education to families and businesses in the Edmonton and surrounding area for over 10 years. Whether it’s understanding your current financial situation, planning for retirement, buying a house, paying off debt, taxes or savings for another Pinball machine they have you covered. And best of all their services are completely Free.

What makes them different is their approach to planning and teaching you what the banks won’t. Spending more quality time on education to the client so they fully understand the recommendations made and are easy to comprehend. Taking the “Sales” out of financial planning.
    With proficient experience in investment management, insurance protection, and short to long term financial planning, they help clients identify their financial goals and achieve a plan for the lifestyle they want.

With the wide range of services they provide if you have questions about your current situation, RRSPs, TFSAs, your Pension plan, Retirement, Investing, Mortgages, Taxes, Life Insurance, work benefits, starting your own company or any business related questions please contact Scott Stinchcombe and his team at Metro Financial Planning.

As a first year sponsor, YEGPIN would like to thank Metro Financial Planning for their monetary contribution to the show. Their donation will go a long way to help covering expenses associated with running a world class expo!!!

Metro Logo  (resized).JPGMetro Logo (resized).JPG
    #159 4 years ago

If anyone who missed out on a ultimate VIP pass or knows of someone who would be interested, pm me. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend this years show. Thanx

1 week later
    #160 4 years ago

Not trying to go with jokes here, but is there enough sanitizer in the world to host a pinbal festival and tournament. There can’t be many get together of a scale this large where people are non-stop touching the same things over and over.

This could be dicey.
    Sorry if beating a dead horse. But you’ve probably already been going to ideas and contingency’s about the pinfest

#161 4 years ago

I hear for an additional charge at the door these will be available.

Level-A-Suit__14540.1537533263 (resized).jpgLevel-A-Suit__14540.1537533263 (resized).jpg
    #162 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Not trying to go with jokes here, but is there enough sanitizer in the world to host a pinbal festival and tournament. There can’t be many get together of a scale this large where people are non-stop touching the same things over and over.
    This could be dicey.
    Sorry if beating a dead horse. But you’ve probably already been going to ideas and contingency’s about the pinfest

Derek will be measuring everyone's temperature as they enter the venue. I've already got my excuse ready - "It's not Coronavirus, it's Pinball Fever!".

Seriously though, I can handle missing working at the office, attending movies and concerts, etc. but missing Yegpin would truly suck...

#163 4 years ago

What is a normal rectal temperature ?

#164 4 years ago

I think we all have concerns right now, I have a meeting next week with Millennium Place to discuss what all of the other events are doing right now. Do they have concerns and do they have sanitizer stations and stuff setup as extra precautions. We can’t ignore what is going on in the outside world right now and we will do everything we can to pull the show off. When we know you will know but we are trying to do everything possible to put on the show. We have everything ready to order and will be ready to go as long as the facility allows us to hold it.

#165 4 years ago

Just sell some Yegpin-branded toilet paper at the door, that seems to be Edmonton's solution to Coronavirus right now

#166 4 years ago

hey man. If I need to wear a hazmat suit, I'll wear a goddamn hazmat suit.

#167 4 years ago

I just plan to drink enough to kill whatever try's to take me down...

#168 4 years ago

I’m gonna sleep at the hotel in my kids hockey bag. Not a fucking thing on earth that can live alongside that shit. Hockey bag bacteria and virus will shit kick anything that tries to take its real estate.

#169 4 years ago

My role is to keep you all informed. Our province has just issued the following statement.

New public health restrictions

Alberta is asking organizers to cancel any events that have more than 250 attendees. This includes large sporting events, conferences and community events. It does not extend to places of worship, grocery stores, airports or shopping centres. Any event that has more than 50 attendees and expects to have international participants, or involves critical infrastructure staff, seniors, or other high-risk populations should also be cancelled.
    Events that do not meet these criteria can proceed, but risk mitigation must be in place, such as sanitizer stations and distancing between attendees.
    At this time, schools and daycares can remain open but steps should be taken to ensure that no more than 250 individuals are in the same room at any given time. Travel outside of the country is not being recommended at this time. Given the rapid global spread of the virus, it is no longer possible to assess health risks for the duration of the trip.

There will be an official announcement from us next week on the status of the show.

YEGPIN Executive Team

#170 4 years ago

#171 4 years ago

if the announcement is bad news, let’s hope for postponement to later date. Worst case next year, make it better any way we can.

#172 4 years ago

This 250 person ban might end before May.

#173 4 years ago

I was thinking VIP's only

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

If anyone who missed out on a ultimate VIP pass or knows of someone who would be interested, pm me. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend this years show. Thanx

Vip pass sold to a local pinhead. Thanks

#175 4 years ago

Does it state how long the ban is for?

#176 4 years ago

There is no timetable will more than likely depend on the seriousness of the situation and if the city can get this under control.

Quoted from toasterman04:

Does it state how long the ban is for?

#177 4 years ago

“As of March 14, all Strathcona County indoor recreation facilities are closed to the public until April 14, 2020. This proactive measure supports Alberta Health’s priority to limit larger social gatherings in our community. For more information, visit strathcona.ca/covid19”

Our facility that hosts the event is now closed indefinitely. Again we should have an announcement by the end of the week on the status of the show this year.

#178 4 years ago

Not looking good boys

I hope yegpin can recoup their deposits and such so maybe next year or whenever it can continue.

#179 4 years ago

Community transmission occurring in Edmonton now. I don't want to be a negative nelly but I don't think yegpin will be happening.

#180 4 years ago

I feel bad that I likely won’t get to experience my first ever yegpin this year, but I feel even more so for all the people who put so much work into making yegpin happen, to Then have this come up. You folks have likely put in hundreds of hours already prepping for this years event, and if it does officially get cancelled, my heart goes out to you. I’m not sure how ticket funds work in cases like this, But if you folks are facing a lot of financial strain due to the very likely cancelation, you can keep my ticket payment as a donation.

#181 4 years ago

Well said sixtyfourbits! mine as well!

#182 4 years ago

With the rec centers being closed at least they shouldn’t lose their deposit (I hope).

And better now than *after* they moved all those games.

#183 4 years ago

Hope the peak has passed by end of April and your show can go forward.
    I imagine that you normally would not have many attendees from outside Alberta.
    Maybe consider refunds to any prepaid from outside Canada or even outside Alberta.
    Hopefully your venue (& insurance policy) will be good about any charges or pay outs
    if event is in fact cancelled, especially if mandated by gov't.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

“As of March 14, all Strathcona County indoor recreation facilities are closed to the public until April 14, 2020. This proactive measure supports Alberta Health’s priority to limit larger social gatherings in our community. For more information, visit strathcona.ca/covid19”
    Our facility that hosts the event is now closed indefinitely. Again we should have an announcement by the end of the week on the status of the show this year.

Thank you for the updates, Derek. We know how much planning and work goes into YEGPIN. We all know you are doing the best you can during these tough times. Greatly Appreciated.

#185 4 years ago

Yegpin Oct. 2020!

#186 4 years ago

I'd be happy to carry my registration over to next year if that helps keep things afloat

#187 4 years ago

It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce that the YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo scheduled for May 1-3, 2020 is officially cancelled.

This decision has weighed on the minds of team for several weeks now.

We held out as long as we could but have now succumbed to the fact that we simply cannot proceed with the show this year for the following reasons:

· The World Health Organization has declared the COVID-19 virus a global pandemic;

· The Government of Alberta has declared a public health emergency in the province;

· The venue has closed its doors indefinitely, with no open or future date availability;

· Our event insurance wasn’t going to be covered in the event of any COVID-19 liability;

· We not could ensure the protection, safety and security of our volunteers and guests on the scheduled dates of the event

We cannot put into words how devastating this announcement is to our team, volunteers, donors, vendors, sponsors, VIP's and the general public that have supported us and helped shaped our show to what it is today.

YEGPIN is a nine month commitment for our executive team and I want to personally thank them for all of the sacrifices throughout the year as their commitment never wavered in making sure that we delivered another world class show for our participants.

Unfortunately, with this announcement comes significant cost to our show, we will be immediately refunding all purchases for VIP and weekend passes please be patient with this process as we will be individually emailing all participants. Thankfully, the Die Hard Pinball League has be prudent as a non-profit society and has the reserve funding to be able to withstand our losses for this year’s show.

Thank you for reaching out in regards to helping out, but our preference not hold commitments for 2021 and we will be processing a refund for those whom have purchased tickets. For those that would like to contribute or support the event further those options will be stated in the email you receive and we appreciate your support.

We have never been about Go Fund Me campaigns, we have always done things on our own, have been self funded, used homegrown resources all of these years and that will never change!!! All that we ask is that you consider coming back to a future show and continue to support location pinball and arcade in your local cities as they will need it more than ever to survive!!!

As for a future event, we are uncommitted right now, but it is our intent to try to push forward in some capacity and deliver another world class show in the future. We want to thank all of you that have reached out to us, all of you that have had kind words and have had sympathy for our situation.

We apologize for the inconvenience, to all of those that committed from across the province, across Canada and internationally to come and visit our show and hope this does not detour you from coming back again.

Thanks again for your support,

Derek Thomson
    President, Die Hard Pinball League
    Event Director, YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo
    [email protected]
    www.diehardpinball.ca
    www.yegpin.com

YEGPIN 2020 Logo (resized).jpgYEGPIN 2020 Logo (resized).jpg
    #188 4 years ago

A decision that had to be made considering the present circumstances. Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in to this event. Looking forward to next year. I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

#189 4 years ago

It’s all good, nothing you could do.

Thank you guys for all your hardwork.

Hopefully things return to normal soon.

#190 4 years ago

Very understandable. A big thank-you to everyone who has already put in so much hard work towards this event.
    I'm not sure how far things have gotten, but if you have already printed flyers/posters, lanyards, etc. I would be interested in buying one of each to still help support the yegpin group and help them recoup a bit of costs. If these things haven't been produced yet though, please disregard.

#191 4 years ago

Huge bummer, but expected. Thanks for all your hard work, Derek.

#192 4 years ago

Yeah, I’d grab a poster in a heartbeat

#193 4 years ago

Boo, this sucks.
    But expected.
    See you next year Yegpin

#194 4 years ago

Yeah. shitty news, but expected. If shirts or posters have already been printed, I'd still like to buy them.

Damn Covid, you can close the schools, daycares and shut down jobs, hell you can even close the breweries, but YEGPin!?! Goddamn it, you've gone too far!

#195 4 years ago

We were lucky in that we are able to stop the presses on most of our stuff which has helped in reducing our losses. We do have a ton of advertising postcards and posters that are essentially useless to us now. I was thinking I would include them in the VIP Ultimate packages in future if we have an event as a keepsake for the show that never happened, but we will see.

Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Very understandable. A big thank-you to everyone who has already put in so much hard work towards this event.
    I'm not sure how far things have gotten, but if you have already printed flyers/posters, lanyards, etc. I would be interested in buying one of each to still help support the yegpin group and help them recoup a bit of costs. If these things haven't been produced yet though, please disregard.

#196 4 years ago

Derek, I really enjoyed our chat at Vancouver Flipout 2018. You have a real passion that is clearly evident and it's no surprise to me why Yegpin has been so successful.

Obviously this is out of your hands, but I'm still sorry to hear it. I still hope to make it to Yegpin one year.

#197 4 years ago

super sucks. see you all next year though!

#198 4 years ago

Sad news ... trying times.
    Thanks for your effort up to this point , sure it will be bigger and better next year.
    Great group of Harding working people.

#199 4 years ago

No apologies necessary as no one’s fault and fully expected at this point. This fantastic show will live on in any case!

Thanks for all the effort everyone and see you at the next YEGPIN.

#200 4 years ago

Derek and fellow pinballers. There is no need for apologies. The show the yegpin team puts on is world class. I love volunteering, donating time and machines. I will miss seeing all the great friends I've made over the years. The show has become more of a gathering of friends than pinball. Support your local pinball seen. Will miss not seeing you all at the show

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2020-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-1-3-2020/page/4?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.