Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YEGPIN 2020 Logo (resized).jpg
    Level-A-Suit__14540.1537533263 (resized).jpg
    Metro Logo  (resized).JPG
    Hughes (resized).jpg
    CPR Logo (resized).png
    TheRecRoom_Stacked_LogoTagline_EN_Dark (resized).png
    F8FEF975-526E-489C-85D9-789BC4FFD786 (resized).jpeg
    81CD5E6B-34B6-4E6F-ABD0-16D1D092FD54 (resized).jpeg
    6AF0A9C8-4882-470E-8413-682A7AE3E168 (resized).jpeg
    39FE4DDF-1543-444A-AB3B-924A4011E7AD (resized).jpeg
    A6B7DC55-199B-483E-9526-F303CA8F87C1 (resized).jpeg
    97EE32B8-21E3-4034-B185-B706E85FDAE8 (resized).jpeg
    Yegpin 2019 11x17 with sponsors-01 (1) (resized).jpg
    0001 (resized).jpg
    20200201_232930.jpg
    20200201_231650.jpg
    There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 4 years ago

The support has been awesome so far within 2 hours we have 50% of the tickets sold for the event!!!

#52 4 years ago

Hardcore pass purchased, hotel booked. Hurry up and come May 1-3

#53 4 years ago

Got my vip, hotel and flight all booked. Can’t wait for the show! You guys are fantastic.

#54 4 years ago

Work booked off cant wait!! Wife notified she has the kids herself all weekend. Gotta remember when there to get a sermon at St. Petes!!

Is there no Retro arcade VIP party on the Saturday?

#55 4 years ago

That is correct, we extended out the women’s and Pro Pinball Tournament due to demand of those tournaments so if you want the party experience Friday night is your night. Saturday can party but won’t be full music and stuff like the VIP party.

Quoted from toasterman04:

Work booked off cant wait!! Wife notified she has the kids herself all weekend. Gotta remember when there to get a sermon at St. Petes!!
    Is there no Retro arcade VIP party on the Saturday?

#56 4 years ago

Hey all, just dialed in a Weekend Pass.
    But not to go all weird on you weirdos, Im looking to hang out and crush beers and play pinball all weekend, but I’m coming by myself as zero if my buds are pinheads. Already chatted with my messaging buddy sixtyfourbits that I’m looking to meet some folks and have good times! The wife and kids are not interested, so, please don’t be shy to message me, find me, grab my cell # and let’s get at ‘er for a weekend!!

#57 4 years ago

i like beer, and i guess pinball too...

#58 4 years ago

Looks like there will be one less spot available in the playoffs for everyone because after a 2 year Friday only appearance, The Diggler is returning for a full weekend of Yegpin pinball madness

#59 4 years ago

The wife & I just got our VIP passes. Can't wait!!

#60 4 years ago

Rooms booked, donation machine arranged, let's DO this!

2 weeks later
    #61 4 years ago

The Canadian Pinball Championships at YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo are officially scheduled on the Stern Pro Circuit this is a huge accomplishment for the competitive pinball community in Alberta.

VIP and Weekend Pass Tickets for YEGPIN can be purchased at www.yegpin.com right now!!!

VIP tickets are 80% sold out so don’t miss out your chance to participate in the best pinball show and tournaments of the year in Canada!!!!

#62 4 years ago

As always YEGPIN is only successful from its loyal donor community. Once again YEGPIN is supporting the collector community by offering a chance to win a mystery NIB pinball machine for those who support us.

In addition we provide the following benefits:

- 3 day all access entry to YEGPIN
    - Limited Edition donor pass
    - Limited Edition YEGPIN lanyard
    - Optional registration for Canadian Pinball Championship and Classics pinball tournaments
    - Exclusive YEGPIN keychain collectible for each machine
    - Access to VIP party (Friday)
    - Grand prize draw for a mystery pinball machine to be announced at VIP party
    - Ability to win one of 5 best in show awards for your machine

I don't know of any show across North America that does more for their donor community then our show does, please show your support by providing our show with a machine or two it really what makes the event such a wonderful experience for all of those that attend.

For further details on the reward and to submit a machine for use at the show please feel free to use the form on the website:

https://www.yegpin.com/bring-a-game/

Thanks again for all your support and look forward to seeing you all at the event!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #63 4 years ago

The initial list of tournament participants is up on the website for the Canadian Pinball Championships at the 2020 YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo.

There are some big names again in the tournament here are some notable names so far:

Raymond Davidson - #2 ranked player in the world
    Robert Gagno - #22 ranked player in the world
    Germain Mariolle - #23 ranked player in the world
    Bob Matthews - #36 ranked player in the world
    Phil Birnbaum - #39 ranked player in the world

We already have 8 top 100 players in the world and 12 of the top 20 players in Canada registered for the event, and registration is still open and hoping for more!!!!

The Canadian Pinball Championship is set for all skill levels we have divisions for Main, B and Novice with awesome cash, trophies, and plaque for all divisions. This is one tournament where everyone no matter their skill level has a chance to win!!!!

The link to all of the participants is below still time to register and have a chance at immorality in Canadian Pinball history!!!!

https://www.yegpin.com/tournament-participants/

To purchase your VIP tickets click on this link:

https://www.yegpin.com/product-category/all_items/

#64 4 years ago

This will be my first pinball expo, as well as my first entry into a pinball tournament(s). I'm so excited, May can't come fast enough!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

This will be my first pinball expo, as well as my first entry into a pinball tournament(s). I'm so excited, May can't come fast enough!

well holy snap!!!! cant wait!! since the VIP party is no longer on Saturday, you gotta join us to the second best place that has pinball that weekend... SAINT PETE's! see ya there...

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Yup same for me for both. I guess I need to figure out how to register, in the shittiest div and then........you know.....learn to play better

Never mind. My names in the list already, lol. Fuckin eh, let’s go, ha

#67 4 years ago

well holy snap!!!! cant wait!! since the VIP party is no longer on Saturday, you gotta join us to the second best place that has pinball that weekend... SAINT PETE's! see ya there...

lol then Cloud nine for a massage?

#68 4 years ago

I lived in Edmonton in mid 90’s, I used to work a block or so from Pinky’s show palace, cheap decent lunch meals. Lol

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I lived in Edmonton in mid 90’s, I used to work a block or so from Pinky’s show palace, cheap decent lunch meals. Lol

...lol .. decent lunches!...

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Waynezor:

lol then Cloud nine for a massage?

after a stressful day of tournament play.... a massage would be great!!

#71 4 years ago

I went to Wagner for my returning grade 12 in 97. Daily lunch buffet at Showgirls.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The initial list of tournament participants is up on the website for the Canadian Pinball Championships at the 2020 YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo.
    There are some big names again in the tournament here are some notable names so far:
    Raymond Davidson - #2 ranked player in the world
    Robert Gagno - #22 ranked player in the world
    Germain Mariolle - #23 ranked player in the world
    Bob Matthews - #36 ranked player in the world
    Phil Birnbaum - #39 ranked player in the world
    We already have 8 top 100 players in the world and 12 of the top 20 players in Canada registered for the event, and registration is still open and hoping for more!!!!
    The Canadian Pinball Championship is set for all skill levels we have divisions for Main, B and Novice with awesome cash, trophies, and plaque for all divisions. This is one tournament where everyone no matter their skill level has a chance to win!!!!
    The link to all of the participants is below still time to register and have a chance at immorality in Canadian Pinball history!!!!
    To purchase your VIP tickets click on this link:

Is that same tournement with 2x6s under the legs to make the games more enjoyable to play?

#73 4 years ago

The short answer is yes, the long answer is we try to maintain the following slope ratings on all of our games as follows:

Modern: 7.5 - 8.0
    Solid States: 7.0 - 7.5
    EM: 6.5 - 7.0

There are occasions where it makes sense to physically increase the height of the machine. Games with too short of legs that cannot be increased or machines that need further help to meet our standards. All of this is in an effort to give a consistent play across machines. Increase the slope can make the machine harder or easier depending on the specific title. More of a concern for hardness would be the sensitive slings, reducing of multiball ball save timers, no ball saves, changing of flippers to lightning flippers and open or advanced outlanes.

Enjoy!!!!

Quoted from yellowghost:

Is that same tournement with 2x6s under the legs to make the games more enjoyable to play?

#74 4 years ago

they like them steeper than factory recommenced settings. It makes them loads of fun to play..lol

Quoted from yellowghost:

#75 4 years ago

Regarding donating, and the chance to win a game. NIB from what company?

#76 4 years ago

stern i am guessing

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Regarding donating, and the chance to win a game. NIB from what company?

Homepin!

What difference does it make? You hate JJPs or something?

Besides, I'm winning that game anyway so don't waste your time...

#78 4 years ago

I may bring more games depending.. at least 1 for sure.

2 weeks later
    #79 4 years ago

Hey folks, I was reading up on the YEGpin tournaments.

Couple of Q's for you (tournament) regulars.

OK I see this info taken from website.

""Top 16 scores will qualify for main draw. The next 4 scores will qualify for B Division (must be at least 1000 or greater in IFPA ranking to qualify). The next 4 will qualify for Novice Division (must be at least 2500 or greater in IFPA ranking to qualify)""

OK, I am a novice (casual) pinball player, and I play at my house regularly, I am not ranked, I don't have access to other pins or league nights or fuck all because of my location.
    BUT, now my question--- say I luck out and I end up in the novice division because I had the day of my life in qualifying. Does this mean, I am done for tourney and cannot go farther anyway?

I want to come, dip my toes into some competitive pinball, the cancer tourney looks fun, mostly for the experience and good times, probly gonna be drunk. But is it worth it? the tournament I mean, not the beer, that IS going to happen.

edit- ok, I mis-understood, 2500 or greater. I read it as better, it should read as 2500 and worse-ly ranked. LOL

#80 4 years ago

Top 16 are top 16 regardless of rank. The higher ranked players can’t qualify for B or novice divisions. They are A restricted.

If you land in the B or novice playoffs, not in the top 16, you can only win that respective playoff. You can’t win B for example and re join the A playoffs. Still worth playing for b and novice cuz there’s usually cash and or plaques.

#81 4 years ago

Some updates on the show:

- We are almost 90% sold for YEGPIN VIP tickets, only have 18 left (6 Hardcore & 12 Ultimate VIP tickets).

Ticket can be purchased here:

- There are currently 169 competitors (VIP, Full-Time Volunteers, Donors) registered for the Canadian Pinball Championships and Classics Tournament.

- We have 92 pinball machines and 28 arcade games so far donated for the weekend and we still have another three months to acquire many more!!!! If you would like to bring a game to the event please use the following link:

- We have received a number of great donations of goods from pinball companies and local companies for our silent auction prizes

- We have our art finalized and are close to printing all of the shirts, hoodies, passes, lanyards and other goodies for the show.

Please note:

- VIP ticket sales will be cutoff on March 1st, 2020 or when they are sold out.

- Weekend passes for YEGPIN will increase from $55 to $60 on same day so if you want a discount on a weekend pass don't hesitate to purchase before the cutoff.

#82 4 years ago

The great thing about YEGPIN tournaments is that they are truly for all skill levels so it doesn't matter if you think you suck you can actually have a chance for the playoffs in your skill level.

We have trophies, plaques and cash for each division (Main, B and Novice) for the Canadian Pinball Championship and Classics Pinball Tournament.

To answer your question:

In the Main, the top 24 overall qualify. Then we take the next best 8 that have an IFPA ranking of 1000 or higher for B Division, then we take the next four that have an IFPA ranking of 2500 or higher for Novice. There is no restrictions in that if you play really well you can qualify for the main, however, you have extra chances to qualify for trophies, plaques and cash if you qualify in the lower divisions instead.

In the Classics, it is the same except that the top 16 advance (unless we reach over 160 participants which we may very well do).

""Top 16 scores will qualify for main draw. The next 4 scores will qualify for B Division (must be at least 1000 or greater in IFPA ranking to qualify). The next 4 will qualify for Novice Division (must be at least 2500 or greater in IFPA ranking to qualify)""

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The great thing about YEGPIN tournaments is that they are truly for all skill levels so it doesn't matter if you think you suck you can actually have a chance for the playoffs in your skill level.

He's not kidding either - I've won twice over the years!

#84 4 years ago

We have updated the website again thanks to a collector and vendor community for supporting this event the lineup for the show is simply outstanding so far.

If you are on the fence to donate don't hesitate bring your machine to the show and share it with the community for the weekend!!!

A reminder that we are one of the only show that offers the collector community a chance to win your very own pinball machine valued at close to $8000!!! It is also a great way to get into the show for free!!!

As of right now there are a total of 132 entries to win the NIB pinball machine that will be announced on the Friday night.

You get:

1 entry for a EM/Solid State pinball machine
    2 entries for a Modern/LCD pinball machine
    3 entries for Premium or LE pinball machines

1 extra entry is you deliver and pickup your machine
    1 extra entry if we use it in any of our pinball tournaments.

So for certain machines you can get up to 5 entries per machine!!!!

If you would like to donate your machine for the event please use the following form.

#85 4 years ago

Tickets sales have been fast and furious over the past couple of days, there are only 10 VIP tickets in total left for this event, there are a total of 189 people registered (VIP's, Volunteers and Donors) for the Canadian Pinball Championship and Classic Pinball Tournament which I believe would make this the biggest tournament ever held in Canada. Be a part of Canadian pinball history and ensure you get your VIP ticket for the show!!!

Once these VIP tickets are sold out there will be no more, however, you will still be able to purchase a weekend pass online or day tickets at the door.

#86 4 years ago

Just snagged the last ultimate VIP pass. Only one hardcore pass left at 11:30pm Saturday, Feb 1st.

20200201_231650.jpg20200201_231650.jpg20200201_232930.jpg20200201_232930.jpg
    #87 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just snagged the last ultimate VIP pass.

But there should still be several left if you go through trivago.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

But there should still be several left if you go through trivago.

I got mine for $89 with hotels.com

#89 4 years ago

Well that is a wrap all VIP's have been sold to YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo. Thanks again to the entire community for contributing to our event.

Please note only weekend passes can be purchased online now at a discounted price which ends on March 1, 2020.

If you want to come to the event and participate in the tournaments you still can. As long as we do not go over 240 competitors you can register directly at the event for the Canadian Pinball Championship and Classics Pinball Tournament. Also you can register for the Pro Pinball Tournament or Women's Canadian Pinball Championships. A one time registration fee will be $25 for those that have not purchased a VIP Pass to play in these events.

There will be a number of announcements over the next weeks to give you some extra tidbits on the show. Stay tuned!!!

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Well that is a wrap all VIP's have been sold to YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo. Thanks again to the entire community for contributing to our event.
    Please note only weekend passes can be purchased online now at a discounted price which ends on March 1, 2020.
    If you want to come to the event and participate in the tournaments you still can. As long as we do not go over 240 competitors you can register directly at the event for the Canadian Pinball Championship and Classics Pinball Tournament. Also you can register for the Pro Pinball Tournament or Women's Canadian Pinball Championships. A one time registration fee will be $25 for those that have not purchased a VIP Pass to play in these events.
    There will be a number of announcements over the next weeks to give you some extra tidbits on the show. Stay tuned!!!

Congratulations Derek and everyone involved with organizing this event! You've come a long way baby!

#91 4 years ago

With so many top players attending, are there plans to save competition video for youtube? This show is so great I was playing games all weekend last year so missed out.

#92 4 years ago

Just looking at the games list and see Mass Effect 2 homebrew. Can anyone share some info on this? Thanks

#93 4 years ago

Yes, it will be archived this year!!!

Quoted from spinal:With so many top players attending, are there plans to save competition video for youtube? This show is so great I was playing games all weekend last year so missed out.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Just looking at the games list and see Mass Effect 2 homebrew. Can anyone share some info on this? Thanks

I seen that a few days ago and YouTubed it. A video came up by Marco and it’s in a got cabinet, not sure if this is the same one that is coming or what.

#95 4 years ago

This should give you a bit of background on the game.

https://github.com/avanwinkle/masseffect2

Here is a video of it in action:

Thanks to Anthony van Winkle for bringing this up all the way from Seattle!!!

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

#96 4 years ago

Oh thats awesome! What a great game to retheme!!

#97 4 years ago

Any updates on vendors? I've heard nitro isn't there so I'm wondering if there is another vendor that will be selling parts/accessories etc.

#98 4 years ago

Well with all of the VIP tickets now sold out for YEGPIN: 2020 Pinball and Arcade Expo lets start with our major announcements!!!

YEGPIN is proud to present a brand new pinball vendor coming to the show. We are pleased to announce that Player One Amusement Group (P1AG) will be attending!!!

P1AG is the #1 pinball distributor across Canada and will be bringing a number of pinball and amusement titles to the show.

These include:

Amercian Pinball: Houdini, Oktoberfest

Chicago Gaming: Medieval Madness, Monster Bash

Jersey Jack Pinball: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Wizard of Oz: Yellow Brick Road

Stern Pinball: Aerosmith, Beatles, Black Knight: Swords of Rage, Deadpool, Elvira: House of Horrors, Jurassic Park, Munsters, Primus and Stranger Things

As well some additional amusement titles:

Big Buck Hunter, Fabi Foosball, Golden Tee, Retro PacMan, PONG, Super Chexx Dome

In addition, P1AG with be sponsoring a charity pinball tournament all weekend long in their booth where two or three Beatles Gold pinball machines will be set on $2 (Toonie) play all weekend and all of the funds will go to our charity of choice this year the Kinsmen Club who will be directing the funding to the Terry Fox Foundation. There will be some nice prizes handed out to the winners of the tournament!

We want to thank P1AG for their commitment to bring out an awesome selection of games and helping our show deliver a world class gaming experience for everyone!

0001 (resized).jpg0001 (resized).jpg
    #99 4 years ago

The official word from our P1AG:

Unfortunately we won’t be bringing parts with us for this event, however if you want to let your attendees know that if they advance order with our parts department we can bring the parts with us and P1AG will cover the shipping.

All parts orders will have to processed by Wed April 22, 2020 in order for them to be put on the truck.

The order parts please contact:

[email protected]

Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Any updates on vendors? I've heard nitro isn't there so I'm wondering if there is another vendor that will be selling parts/accessories etc.

#100 4 years ago

wow awesome news!!! excitement overload once again!!

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2020-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-1-3-2020/page/2?hl=waynezor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.