(Topic ID: 222422)

YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo - April 26-28, 2019

By pins4life33

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Best in Show - Modern (resized).jpg
    CPC - 2nd Place (resized).jpg
    B Div - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    B - Div - Group (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - SS (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - EM (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - Arcade (resized).jpg
    CPC - 3rd Place (resized).jpg
    CPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    WCPC - Group (resized).jpg
    Novice - Group (resized).jpg
    WCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    Novice - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    LFPT - Group (resized).jpg
    LFPT - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    KCPT - Group (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Right now at least 10 games are slated for the beer gardens we will see about expanding that further if we get donors that are willing to allow that.

Any games I bring can *only* be played in the beer garden!

1 month later
    #71 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Undecided, if there are it will be very limited quantities as they have not sold well in previous shows and we would only make available at the show unfortunately.

What about tattoos? Can I get this year’s show art tattooed on my back at the show? Can they do it while I’m playing - I don’t want to miss out on qualifying for the sake of art...

#72 5 years ago

Almost forgot, congrats on the Classics II win at INDISC Deryk!

Missed the stream but hoping it’ll hit YouTube at some point so I can watch it.

Just remember, you’re far too busy running YegPin to play in the Classics tourney there.

2 months later
    #115 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The official YEGPIN poster is now ready for production, those of you that want to put them up in your local locations let me know as I can send a copy of the file that you to print out and post. Thanks!!![quoted image]

Spooky!

I can do the Trap here if nobody else has it. Need a couple we have games upstairs now too.

1 week later
    #130 4 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

Have any of the tourney games been announced yet?

I second this question. Please don’t post them on Facebook alone either.

Pretty sure Deryk is competing in Vegas this weekend so don’t expect to hear back for a bit.

3 weeks later
    #236 4 years ago

I dunno, kind of looks like you could have put 3 more games in that trailer...

#307 4 years ago

I'd like to echo the positive vibs here. The show went off perfectly and the venue was fantastic!

Everyone I saw was having a really good time, just an all around positive vibe that isn't always the case at some other shows.
    Hell, even the top competitors were laughing and smiling which you don't always see.

Oh, and it was really nice having a large selection of games to play in the food and drink section!

Many thanks guys, looking forward to next year.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheJerol:

Great tournament and show! Beautiful selection of machines and the tournament was run really well.
    I enjoyed meeting everyone and visiting Edmonton. Turns out Canadians really ARE nice....
    I also got to bring a little hardware and prize money States-side with me, which was unexpected and really cool.
    Thanks again for your hospitality.[quoted image]

It was a pleasure losing to you.

Really nice to see folks coming from far and wide to enjoy the show.

#320 4 years ago

A couple of decent pics I captured of the proceedings...

Tournament area pano (Classics on left side, Main in the centre, and Ladies and Kid's bank on the right).

Yegpin2019TournamentAreaPano (resized).jpegYegpin2019TournamentAreaPano (resized).jpeg

Some lucky guy collecting his prize.

1stPlaceResult (resized).jpg1stPlaceResult (resized).jpg

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

Weekend was totally worth it. Sinbad paid off!
    [quoted image]

Metallica had 467 plays on it over the weekend. I figured it would be roughly 500.

I rewarded her by giving her a nice PF cleaning and a new set of balls (balls had many more than 500 plays on them already - I'm not "that" guy).

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Unfortunately Twitch didn't back up the stream (it was turned off and I turned it on right when I noticed, but the stream had already started), we're getting in contact with Twitch to see if they can do anything, but I'm going to guess that there won't be a video of it. I assumed our Twitch was already set up, I should have gone through it before hand but I had a million other, more important, things to get done first. 14 hour days for a week, by sunday I was so burned out I was just happy the stream worked and went well on sunday. We had audio issues friday and saturday, and I was banging my head for several days trying to get the wireless stream working, and in the end I had to make several trips out to get things just to get it running smooth.
    TL;DR: The jogging ladies looked nice, but them streaming spotify wrecked the wireless plans, everything else that went wrong is on me because I'm overworked and underpaid lol

You guys did awesome. The tourney setup with the bleachers and the screens was much appreciated.

We were watching the final on the left-side screen which had some Wifi issues and would buffer about 30s in advance. So we'd see someone else step up to play in the real world while the stream was showing the last player still. Was kind of cool, Robert Gagno would come over after each drain and rewatch how it went wrong.

Too bad about losing the finals streams though, I'd like to watch Germain play Metallica again. He clinically dissected that game for all of its points wherever they were available at a given point in time. Was a beautiful thing to see. And Robert having fun showing off on TZ was great also.

Every year you guys step it up a notch and this year was all around excellent. Thanks again for such a fantastic show.

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Ban Germain Mariolle, Lol.

"Play better..."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2019-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-april-26-28-2018?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.