(Topic ID: 222422)

YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo - April 26-28, 2019

By pins4life33

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Best in Show - Modern (resized).jpg
    CPC - 2nd Place (resized).jpg
    B Div - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    B - Div - Group (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - SS (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - EM (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - Arcade (resized).jpg
    CPC - 3rd Place (resized).jpg
    CPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    WCPC - Group (resized).jpg
    Novice - Group (resized).jpg
    WCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    Novice - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    LFPT - Group (resized).jpg
    LFPT - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    KCPT - Group (resized).jpg
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 4 years ago

Whoa! I forgot to thank all the donors too! We have a great local group who give up their machines for this, but its the out of town people too. They make the drive and haul a lot of weight a long way to bring theirs. Thank you to all who support the show in this way as well.

#302 4 years ago

Was my first pinball anything event / show. Was really nice to meet new Edmonton and area players, enthusiasts and see all the cool machines. Look forward to next years event and being able to bring more machines. Nice large venue that was easy to freely walk around and was not squished shoulder to shoulder.

#303 4 years ago

Who ended up winning the Munsters pro? And what game/games did they donate?

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Who ended up winning the Munsters pro?

Won by Volkdrive. I know he brought Space Station and Iron Maiden and a few others. He has done so much for the show, getting machines out of basements, picking up and returning games and doing tech at the show. Prize went to a great guy.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This weekend is gonna be fukkin epic

You forgot your Breakshot lol

#306 4 years ago

Great tournament and show! Beautiful selection of machines and the tournament was run really well.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and visiting Edmonton. Turns out Canadians really ARE nice....

I also got to bring a little hardware and prize money States-side with me, which was unexpected and really cool.

Thanks again for your hospitality.

IMG_20190427_194600 (resized).jpgIMG_20190427_194600 (resized).jpg
    #307 4 years ago

I'd like to echo the positive vibs here. The show went off perfectly and the venue was fantastic!

Everyone I saw was having a really good time, just an all around positive vibe that isn't always the case at some other shows.
    Hell, even the top competitors were laughing and smiling which you don't always see.

Oh, and it was really nice having a large selection of games to play in the food and drink section!

Many thanks guys, looking forward to next year.

#308 4 years ago

Had a thought... this fantastic new venue opens up the possibility for families with kids to come out and make it a weekend since there is also a water park, skating, play area and more within the same complex. Easier sell for parents who want to justify coming out “just to” to play games. If one parent and one child want to go swimming while another parent or kids want to go play some games, this venue makes it possible. Food leaves a bit to be desired but you can order out easily (I had pizza delivered once and it was great).

Anyway, my point is that this great choice of venue forms a solid foundation to really grow this event in upcoming years. Five stars from me to everyone involved

#309 4 years ago

I am curious if having the event at a multi-facility venue with other unrelated foot traffic nearby generated some new interest ? Some of those people running around the track above, or parents taking their kids to hockey or swimming lessons had to be wondering 'Hey is that a pinball/arcade machine over there? I gotta go check that out before we leave!!'.

#310 4 years ago

Judge Dredd has been added to the wishlist.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheJerol:

Great tournament and show! Beautiful selection of machines and the tournament was run really well.
    I enjoyed meeting everyone and visiting Edmonton. Turns out Canadians really ARE nice....
    I also got to bring a little hardware and prize money States-side with me, which was unexpected and really cool.
    Thanks again for your hospitality.[quoted image]

It was a pleasure losing to you.

Really nice to see folks coming from far and wide to enjoy the show.

#312 4 years ago

Also wanted to note that it’s great that yegpin no longer coincides with Allentown show since I want to go there one of these years (not this year). Eventhough far away, there are some people that go to this major show.

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from smiley:

Won by Volkdrive. I know he brought Space Station and Iron Maiden and a few others. He has done so much for the show, getting machines out of basements, picking up and returning games and doing tech at the show. Prize went to a great guy.

a well deserved winner of the Munsters !

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheJerol:

Thanks again for your hospitality.[quoted image]

It was a pleasure to meet you Michael and congrats on the huge win! I suspect you'll be moving up to the "A" division next tourney - should be fun.
    And don't forget to bring your downhill skis in 2020.. hahaa

cheers,
    Paul

#315 4 years ago

Anyone have link to full video of yegpin 2019 competition?

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Anyone have link to full video of yegpin 2019 competition?

I was interested in this as well, but I only see a few 30 second clips on Diehard twitch channel. Nothing seems to be archived in its entirety ?

#317 4 years ago

Hopefully Aeonblack will give us an update. Not sure is the archive was turned on for the stream. It would be a shame but a ton of effort was done by Aeon to ensure we even had a stream. It was his first try at doing this for us and think he did a hell of a job considering all of the obstacles we had in front of us. We will do our best to recover it but if we can’t then hopefully you tuned in.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I was interested in this as well, but I only see a few 30 second clips on Diehard twitch channel. Nothing seems to be archived in its entirety ?

#318 4 years ago

I’m happy to have been there in person for the open finals. Gagno one-handing his last ball on TZ was awesome!

#319 4 years ago

I am completely exhausted as we just finalized the teardown of the show but I did want to reach out and thank the pinball community for all of the positive feedback for the event. You don’t know how hard it is to pull a show of this magnitude until you do it yourself. I want to thank all of the 70 plus volunteers, our dedicated organizing team of 10 and all of the Pinball collectors in Alberta and Saskatchewan who came out in droves to help make this the biggest and best show we have ever delivered. Thanks to the pinball community for supporting the event, buying tickets, Silent Auction items, concession items, tournament tickets and merchandise, without the support of the community we really would be sunk. Lastly thanks to our sponsors who make a significant contribution to the show each year. YEGPIN 2019 is now officially signed off, we haven’t committed to a 2020 show as of yet but should formalize an announcement either way in a month or two. Thanks YEGPIN Team!!!

#320 4 years ago

A couple of decent pics I captured of the proceedings...

Tournament area pano (Classics on left side, Main in the centre, and Ladies and Kid's bank on the right).

Yegpin2019TournamentAreaPano (resized).jpegYegpin2019TournamentAreaPano (resized).jpeg

Some lucky guy collecting his prize.

1stPlaceResult (resized).jpg1stPlaceResult (resized).jpg

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Likewise.

#322 4 years ago

Unbelievable show again!! Love the new venue! Huge thanks to everyone that was involved with the show!! Too many people to list!!

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Pictures/video? Love to see this

Quoted from yellowghost:

Is there anything to do in the surrounding areas? If somebody needs to take a break from pinball?

Quoted from yellowghost:

Why is there almost an entire row of machines not powered up in the 7th picture? Are they broken?

Put down the keyboard and come check it out next year. The Winnipeg crew are a great bunch of guys.. and the volunteers did an amazing job of keeping the tourneys, machines, & the entire event running smooth. Hardly any pins that weren't playing or had to be turned off. An entire row of non working pins?! C'mon man! This is a first class show with people from all over North America starting to notice.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yeah that’s all I saw too were tiny test clips - can’t wait to watch the full performance of all the top players that came up North to visit us. Let us know aeonblack when vids are up thanks

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Some lucky guy collecting his prize.

Ah Ken, yes!

Nice win in the Knockout Cancer tourney!

#326 4 years ago

The pins next to the stage were turned off during the presentations to help keep noise down.

#327 4 years ago

Great job Derrick! Big thanks to Gilles and Ryan for moving many pins. We were down a few guys for pick ups and they stepped it up.
    Excellent to see many new volunteers.
    Met Wolffcub at the show and had a great time.
    I was happy to donate pins and my time to the event.

More techs this year helped things running smooth.
    Great to see Volkdrive win the munsters.
    Looking forward to next year!!

#328 4 years ago

Unfortunately Twitch didn't back up the stream (it was turned off and I turned it on right when I noticed, but the stream had already started), we're getting in contact with Twitch to see if they can do anything, but I'm going to guess that there won't be a video of it. I assumed our Twitch was already set up, I should have gone through it before hand but I had a million other, more important, things to get done first. 14 hour days for a week, by sunday I was so burned out I was just happy the stream worked and went well on sunday. We had audio issues friday and saturday, and I was banging my head for several days trying to get the wireless stream working, and in the end I had to make several trips out to get things just to get it running smooth.

TL;DR: The jogging ladies looked nice, but them streaming spotify wrecked the wireless plans, everything else that went wrong is on me because I'm overworked and underpaid lol

#329 4 years ago

Weekend was totally worth it. Sinbad paid off!

B926F717-C5D2-4BA5-A084-B46EA4CFD7C3 (resized).jpegB926F717-C5D2-4BA5-A084-B46EA4CFD7C3 (resized).jpeg
    #330 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

Weekend was totally worth it. Sinbad paid off!
    [quoted image]

Metallica had 467 plays on it over the weekend. I figured it would be roughly 500.

I rewarded her by giving her a nice PF cleaning and a new set of balls (balls had many more than 500 plays on them already - I'm not "that" guy).

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Unfortunately Twitch didn't back up the stream (it was turned off and I turned it on right when I noticed, but the stream had already started), we're getting in contact with Twitch to see if they can do anything, but I'm going to guess that there won't be a video of it. I assumed our Twitch was already set up, I should have gone through it before hand but I had a million other, more important, things to get done first. 14 hour days for a week, by sunday I was so burned out I was just happy the stream worked and went well on sunday. We had audio issues friday and saturday, and I was banging my head for several days trying to get the wireless stream working, and in the end I had to make several trips out to get things just to get it running smooth.
    TL;DR: The jogging ladies looked nice, but them streaming spotify wrecked the wireless plans, everything else that went wrong is on me because I'm overworked and underpaid lol

You guys did awesome. The tourney setup with the bleachers and the screens was much appreciated.

We were watching the final on the left-side screen which had some Wifi issues and would buffer about 30s in advance. So we'd see someone else step up to play in the real world while the stream was showing the last player still. Was kind of cool, Robert Gagno would come over after each drain and rewatch how it went wrong.

Too bad about losing the finals streams though, I'd like to watch Germain play Metallica again. He clinically dissected that game for all of its points wherever they were available at a given point in time. Was a beautiful thing to see. And Robert having fun showing off on TZ was great also.

Every year you guys step it up a notch and this year was all around excellent. Thanks again for such a fantastic show.

#332 4 years ago

Wow This thread just blew up since i logged in last.
    Well my body & liver are happy its over (those Calgarians i tell ya) but my mind is sad to see it done too.
    I felt this year went really well, Shipping went smoother than i thought and the amount of techs we had this year at any given time was awesome. There were a few Soliders we could not save and a certain stubborn woman (Elvira). but all in all it went very well.
    Thanks to all who Donated, Volunteers, Yegpin group and to all the people that came out to see the show.
    Can't wait till next year!!

#333 4 years ago

Unfortunately I was only able to attend Yegpin for about 45 minutes this year. But from what I saw I was very impressed. Definitely looking forward to seeing what's in store for next year!

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Why would someone downvote this?

#335 4 years ago

I would like to echo the sentiments in this thread. Thanks for such an awesome show. Also thanks so much to your devotion to the younger kids and families. Other shows should really follow your lead here. The Little Flippers tournament really gave my daughter an exciting and fun taste of real competitive pinball. She was absolutely THRILLED to win the championship and took her coveted prize to school to show it off on Monday. I do try to make Pinball a family thing and this show really made it happen for us... thanks again!!

69DB9AAA-FFCB-4C4F-AD03-03D4D6FED1DB (resized).jpeg69DB9AAA-FFCB-4C4F-AD03-03D4D6FED1DB (resized).jpeg80CF3E0A-E18D-4817-8BC2-34A04BCC98C4 (resized).jpeg80CF3E0A-E18D-4817-8BC2-34A04BCC98C4 (resized).jpegDC902D36-F73D-46C7-90DB-E5AA588DAA64 (resized).jpegDC902D36-F73D-46C7-90DB-E5AA588DAA64 (resized).jpeg
    #336 4 years ago

Congrats, everyone. I’ve enjoyed watching this thread from afar.

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Congrats, everyone. I’ve enjoyed watching this thread from afar.

frolic why didnt you come this year? you went to Flip out.... you should try YEGPIN in 2020!!! it really is so different then Flip out! both shows are very unique! I'm trying to convince the wife to head to Flip out again this year.

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

frolic why didnt you come this year? you went to Flip out.... you should try YEGPIN in 2020!!! it really is so different then Flip out! both shows are very unique! I'm trying to convince the wife to head to Flip out again this year.

I think you will see me there eventually. Just not sure when.

#339 4 years ago

Vancouver Flipout is more of an industry show. Tommy has a little different vision then YEGPIN which is good as it makes for two totally different shows. Our event has never been about hosting seminars and bringing out all of the industry stars of pinball. We focus on putting on outstanding pinball tournaments with high $$$ prize money and an awesome pinball and arcade free play experience sprinkled in with VIP and Retro Arcade nighttime parties. It is more community focused and driven with a huge collector/volunteer base supporting the show with the focus on bringing new people into pinball.

We will continue to go into this direction as both Tommy and I want to ensure we create different experiences for both of our shows.

Quoted from toasterman04:

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Vancouver Flipout is more of an industry show. Tommy has a little different vision then YEGPIN which is good as it makes for two totally different shows. Our event has never been about hosting seminars and bringing out all of the industry stars of pinball. We focus on putting on outstanding pinball tournaments with high $$$ prize money and an awesome pinball and arcade free play experience sprinkled in with VIP and Retro Arcade nighttime parties. It is more community focused and driven with a huge collector/volunteer base supporting the show with the focus on bringing new people into pinball.
    We will continue to go into this direction as both Tommy and I want to ensure we create different experiences for both of our shows.

So can we read between the lines that next year is already a go?

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ban Germain Mariolle, Lol.

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Ban Germain Mariolle, Lol.

"Play better..."

#343 4 years ago

I cannot confirm nor deny those comments. Those decisions are above me and will be discussed next month as a full organizing team. We will try to make a formal announcement soon one way or the other to provide as much notice as we can. The show has always been year to year decision to run so when I know you will.

Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

So can we read between the lines that next year is already a go?

1 month later
    #344 4 years ago

Here are some flashback pictures of YEGPIN 2019, what a ride it was!!! Part 1 - YEGPIN!!!.
    YP1 (resized).jpgYP1 (resized).jpgYP10 (resized).jpgYP10 (resized).jpgYP11 (resized).jpgYP11 (resized).jpgYP12 (resized).jpgYP12 (resized).jpgYP13 (resized).jpgYP13 (resized).jpgYP14 (resized).jpgYP14 (resized).jpgYP15 (resized).jpgYP15 (resized).jpgYP16 (resized).jpgYP16 (resized).jpgYP17 (resized).jpgYP17 (resized).jpgYP18 (resized).jpgYP18 (resized).jpgYP19 (resized).jpgYP19 (resized).jpgYP2 (resized).jpgYP2 (resized).jpgYP20 (resized).jpgYP20 (resized).jpgYP3 (resized).jpgYP3 (resized).jpgYP4 (resized).jpgYP4 (resized).jpgYP5 (resized).jpgYP5 (resized).jpgYP6 (resized).jpgYP6 (resized).jpgYP7 (resized).jpgYP7 (resized).jpgYP8 (resized).jpgYP8 (resized).jpgYP9 (resized).jpgYP9 (resized).jpg

#345 4 years ago

Here are some flashback pictures of YEGPIN 2019, what a ride it was!!! Part 2 - Tournament Action.
    CPC1 (resized).jpgCPC1 (resized).jpgCPC10 (resized).jpgCPC10 (resized).jpgCPC11 (resized).jpgCPC11 (resized).jpgCPC12 (resized).jpgCPC12 (resized).jpgCPC13 (resized).jpgCPC13 (resized).jpgCPC14 (resized).jpgCPC14 (resized).jpgCPC15 (resized).jpgCPC15 (resized).jpgCPC16 (resized).jpgCPC16 (resized).jpgCPC17 (resized).jpgCPC17 (resized).jpgCPC18 (resized).jpgCPC18 (resized).jpgCPC19 (resized).jpgCPC19 (resized).jpgCPC2 (resized).jpgCPC2 (resized).jpgCPC20 (resized).jpgCPC20 (resized).jpgCPC3 (resized).jpgCPC3 (resized).jpgCPC4 (resized).jpgCPC4 (resized).jpgCPC5 (resized).jpgCPC5 (resized).jpgCPC6 (resized).jpgCPC6 (resized).jpgCPC7 (resized).jpgCPC7 (resized).jpgCPC8 (resized).jpgCPC8 (resized).jpgCPC9 (resized).jpgCPC9 (resized).jpg

#346 4 years ago

Here are some flashback pictures of YEGPIN 2019, what a ride it was!!! Part 3 - All of the best in show and tournament winners.
    Best in Show - Modern (resized).jpgBest in Show - Modern (resized).jpgBest in Show - Arcade (resized).jpgBest in Show - Arcade (resized).jpgBest in Show - EM (resized).jpgBest in Show - EM (resized).jpgBest in Show - SS (resized).jpgBest in Show - SS (resized).jpgCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpgCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpgCPC - 2nd Place (resized).jpgCPC - 2nd Place (resized).jpgCPC - 3rd Place (resized).jpgCPC - 3rd Place (resized).jpgCPC - 4th Place (resized).jpgCPC - 4th Place (resized).jpgCPC - Group (resized).jpgCPC - Group (resized).jpgWCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpgWCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpgWCPC - Group (resized).jpgWCPC - Group (resized).jpgB Div - 1st Place (resized).jpgB Div - 1st Place (resized).jpgB - Div - Group (resized).jpgB - Div - Group (resized).jpgNovice - 1st Place (resized).jpgNovice - 1st Place (resized).jpgNovice - Group (resized).jpgNovice - Group (resized).jpgKCPT - 1st Place (resized).jpgKCPT - 1st Place (resized).jpgKCPT - Group (resized).jpgKCPT - Group (resized).jpgLFPT - 1st Place (resized).jpgLFPT - 1st Place (resized).jpgLFPT - Group (resized).jpgLFPT - Group (resized).jpg

#347 4 years ago

Those are some great pictures! Was a great weekend. Brings a smile to my face looking through these pictures.

#348 4 years ago

What a great time, thanks again to everyone involved!

#349 4 years ago

Great memories. What an awesome weekend that was.

#350 4 years ago

BRING ON 2020!!!!

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2019-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-april-26-28-2018/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.