(Topic ID: 222422)

YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo - April 26-28, 2019

By pins4life33

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Best in Show - Modern (resized).jpg
    CPC - 2nd Place (resized).jpg
    B Div - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    B - Div - Group (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - SS (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - EM (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - Arcade (resized).jpg
    CPC - 3rd Place (resized).jpg
    CPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    WCPC - Group (resized).jpg
    Novice - Group (resized).jpg
    WCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    Novice - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    LFPT - Group (resized).jpg
    LFPT - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    KCPT - Group (resized).jpg
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 5 years ago

So we have all heard of "bring a game and win a game". Well how about we raise the stakes once again and give you "buy a game, win a game" sounds pretty good right.

Well YEGPIN has partnered with Nitro Pinball to provide discounts on all of the "demo" machines that will be at YEGPIN.

Yep that is right, not only will you get a discounted machine but you will also qualify yourself as a donor status at YEGPIN and have a chance to win one too.

OMG, we are just throwing out the surprises this year.

All of the details are on our website, please visit often and don't miss out on a one in a lifetime opportunity to purchase one of these games at a smoking deal.

This is a limited time offer so don't hesitate if you are looking to add one of these awesome machines to your collection.

https://www.yegpin.com/buy-a-game/

HIREZDDLogo (resized).jpgHIREZDDLogo (resized).jpg
    #102 5 years ago

Just updated the pinball machine list, pretty damn impressive so far. Keep those donations coming we want to pack the place and make this the best show ever!!!!

Thanks to all of those who give up their machines for the weekend for those to enjoy, I understand the sacrifice and commend you for your donation to help increase awareness and give so many people an opportunity to see and play pins they might otherwise don't even know exist.

I give up my entire collection every year and I can't wait till I get to show off my beautifully restored AFM, it is going to be awesome for people to enjoy!!!

https://www.yegpin.com/pinball-machines/

#103 5 years ago

Big Thanks for all that you do Derek and crew
    You convinced me to bring my restored Williams Indiana Jones for the tournament.
    I will have Congo there as well.

Maybe another one, not in my collection

It's going to be great this year
    Bring your games people.

1 week later
    #104 5 years ago

I know its hard to determine but what would the amount of games played be on a machine? Approx... Also, as Dan mentioned above, do you get to choose if its a tournament game or general public game?

#105 5 years ago

No YEGPIN determines whether a game goes into the tournament section but we will let you know ahead of time as normally modifications are needed to be made to get them tournament ready. Honestly, they get played the same amount of play in both areas.

Anywhere from 400 - 800 plays during the three days is normal play.

If your machine is fully working, clean and waxed the amount of plays really won’t have an affect these machines. Remember pins were meant to have thousands of plays on them. I have brought every machine I have to the event each year and still have not had to do flipper rebuilds or any major work on them. It is always a leap of faith but again my take is I get more joy watching people play my machines and enjoying them then them siting in the basement only getting played a couple times a week.

Quoted from Spencer:

I know its hard to determine but what would the amount of games played be on a machine? Approx... Also, as Dan mentioned above, do you get to choose if its a tournament game or general public game?

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Some games get played more in the public area. The first year my BBH had over 800 games played. Never had any issues at the show. Played well and was in great shape when donated. Just needed a good shop job after.

Last year I had 2 games with just over 600 plays each and one I that was played more. I don't worry about the amount of plays just enjoy people playing pinball.

If no one brought any games there would not be a show.

Bring a game, it will get handled like one of our own by all the volunteers.

Looking forward to this years show and volunteering again.

#107 5 years ago

I have brought games. They actually left better than when they arrived. Also loved watching people enjoy my collection. Look forward to volunteering again. Top notch show.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball77:

Some games get played more in the public area. The first year my BBH had over 800 games played. Never had any issues at the show. Played well and was in great shape when donated. Just needed a good shop job after.
    Last year I had 2 games with just over 600 plays each and one I that was played more. I don't worry about the amount of plays just enjoy people playing pinball.
    If no one brought any games there would not be a show.
    Bring a game, it will get handled like one of our own by all the volunteers.
    Looking forward to this years show and volunteering again.

I put that many games on my pins in 4-5 years.

Open to arcade games? Just got a Tron.

#109 5 years ago

Absolutely, we take both pins and arcades. A Munsters Pro Pinball machine is given away to one lucky donor on pinball side, and a restored Dig Dug on the arcade side. The show is about celebrating pinball and classic arcade so we are happy with any donations for the show.

I think all of our games probably the most plays at YEGPIN, with home use they don't get played often even for a guy like me who plays almost everyday.... Again there are many threads on Pinside where machines are easily running and in good shape on route after 30,000 games so putting your machine in the show has really little effect on it. As stated in previous posts we have a bunch of professional techs that ensure machines are running all weekend and in most cases we find they do run better once we leave the show as some collectors don't realize when certain things are wrong with them.

Quoted from Spencer:

I put that many games on my pins in 4-5 years.
    Open to arcade games? Just got a Tron.

1 week later
    #110 5 years ago

So are you a VIP? If you are you know that you get a cool YEGPIN lanyard and VIP pass. If you choose the Ultimate VIP package then you get a special satin finish, silver foiled pass design on bottom, inscribed with a customized handle. You are going to get the rockstar treatment with these awesome looking passes for the weekend!!!

If you are still looking for a VIP pass unfortunately they were all sold out a month ago, but feel free to post on here is you are interested in getting one as they might be a few people looking to transfer their pass as their plans may have changed.

Note these are not the exact passes you will receive for obvious reasons

Enjoy!!!

YEGPIN 2019 - Lanyard Design (resized).jpgYEGPIN 2019 - Lanyard Design (resized).jpgYEGPIN 2019 - VIP Pass (resized).jpgYEGPIN 2019 - VIP Pass (resized).jpg
    #111 5 years ago

If you are attending YEGPIN and you are from out of town, we have partnered with two awesome hotels for the weekend. The show rates will expire on April 1st, 2019 and that is no April Fool's joke. Can't say you haven't been warned.

https://yegpin.com/accommodations/

#112 5 years ago

Honestly, to lazy to look...When do you have to confirm your bringing a game?

#113 5 years ago

I would ask at least one week before the event.

Quoted from Spencer:

Honestly, to lazy to look...When do you have to confirm your bringing a game?

#114 5 years ago

The official YEGPIN poster is now ready for production, those of you that want to put them up in your local locations let me know as I can send a copy of the file that you to print out and post. Thanks!!!

D7C08797-D81C-4313-8EDC-3679AA661EE8 (resized).pngD7C08797-D81C-4313-8EDC-3679AA661EE8 (resized).png
    #115 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The official YEGPIN poster is now ready for production, those of you that want to put them up in your local locations let me know as I can send a copy of the file that you to print out and post. Thanks!!![quoted image]

Spooky!

I can do the Trap here if nobody else has it. Need a couple we have games upstairs now too.

#116 5 years ago

well, that dang give away for Donar s sure has worked on me! from looking at bringing one game... now i got a trailer and am bringing 4 arcades and 7 pinballs!

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Parts ordered, Ill let you know.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

well, that dang give away for Donar s sure has worked on me! from looking at bringing one game... now i got a trailer and am bringing 4 arcades and 7 pinballs!

I just mis-read your post. I thought I read "give away for Donairs!" I really don't even know why that got me so excited!

So which Arcades are you bringing??

I'm gravitating back to the Arcade games lately and looking forward to seeing some more of those!

#119 5 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for your contribution to the show!

#120 5 years ago

Due to unfortunate circumstances I have to part with one of our VIP weekend passes. If anyone is interested kindly PM, and please let me know if there’s a formal process/deadline for having the name associated to the pass revised. Many thanks.

Added over 5 years ago:

Pass has been sold, many thanks to @bcrage88 for the assist!

#121 5 years ago

We can accept a transfer up to the start of the show so no issue there. Best to do it before thou as there is some work on our end to get the change made in the DTM software for tournament entry. As well if you bought a UVIP the custom handle cannot change after March 1. Sorry you can’t make the show but we will work with you to accomidate a transfer of the pass. Hope to see you next year.

Quoted from Whamtan:

Due to unfortunate circumstances I have to part with one of our VIP weekend passes. If anyone is interested kindly PM, and please let me know if there’s a formal process/deadline for having the name associated to the pass revised. Many thanks.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We can accept a transfer up to the start of the show so no issue there. Best to do it before thou as there is some work on our end to get the change made in the DTM software for tournament entry. As well if you bought a UVIP the custom handle cannot change after March 1. Sorry you can’t make the show but we will work with you to accomidate a transfer of the pass. Hope to see you next year.

Fortunately I’m still able to attend the show, but sadly my +1 will have to wait until next year. Thankfully not a UVIP pass so there’s no custom branding.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you so much.

#123 5 years ago

Any chance that Black Knight - Sword of Rage might make it to Yegpin?

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

FlipperFreak

#125 5 years ago

Have any of the tourney games been announced yet?

#126 5 years ago

Poster looks sweet!

#127 5 years ago

All I know is we have the best vendor in the business coming to the show and if he can make it happen he will.

Quoted from klr650:

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ok, PM sent

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

So which Arcades are you bringing??

Sadly nothing awesome, just what i got left... a couple cocktail tables and a couple mega touches....
    ... the garage was full of arcades 7 years ago, until i found pinball.... now pinball rules supreme and all arcades that are left are the ones the wife and kids like....but hey, without arcades i wouldnt have found pinball; so i totally feel they should be hand in hand.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

Have any of the tourney games been announced yet?

I second this question. Please don’t post them on Facebook alone either.

Pretty sure Deryk is competing in Vegas this weekend so don’t expect to hear back for a bit.

#131 5 years ago

Totan was hinted at

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Totan was hinted at

I seriously hope not. For the past 2 years i noticed a lot of the new games to the list end up in tourney instead of the freeplay floor. TOTAN is one game I'm seriously looking forward to trying finally and playing it the way they are set up for the tournament is no fun at all because of the extreme difficulty and limited accessibility due to qualifiers.

maybe titles that have been to the show in previous years should be picked for the tourney so that people can have a chance to enjoy the new entries on the freeplay floor? Also this way people would have had a chance to play the game in previous years so there's a better chance of a wider audience understanding the game and the level of competition would be higher?

I dunno just some thoughts and hopes

#133 5 years ago

I hope not too lol I suck at that game.

Expect a curveball like Oktoberfest or acnc though plus some sneeze tilts on other games. Also I hear 2 x 4s may be involved lol

#134 5 years ago

Yep they've used those 2 x 4s before. Definately keeps the line moving. "Sneeze tilt" lol

#135 5 years ago

There is a ton of new games on the show floor each year, YEGPIN has one of the best selections and quality I have seen for machines as most of the machines come from collectors. We also move the games we no longer need for tournament onto the show floor for the public to play on Saturday night and Sunday morning. The event will always try to find the right balance to meet the needs of the tournament machines and still have quality machines available for the free play area.

Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

I seriously hope not. For the past 2 years i noticed a lot of the new games to the list end up in tourney instead of the freeplay floor. TOTAN is one game I'm seriously looking forward to trying finally and playing it the way they are set up for the tournament is no fun at all because of the extreme difficulty and limited accessibility due to qualifiers.
    maybe titles that have been to the show in previous years should be picked for the tourney so that people can have a chance to enjoy the new entries on the freeplay floor? Also this way people would have had a chance to play the game in previous years so there's a better chance of a wider audience understanding the game and the level of competition would be higher?
    I dunno just some thoughts and hopes

#136 5 years ago

For those that are attending our tournaments I will be announcing the machine selections all this week.

So let's this do this!!!

The first tournament is for the Little Flippin Pinball Tournament which is limited to those participants which are 12 & under. This is part of our grass root program to continue to develop pinball competition players for the future.

**New this year the young players will have all of their scores tracked in the DTM software and be able to que themselves or have their parents or YEGPIN scorekeeper que them onto a machine of their choice.

For this tournament and each player is limited to a maximum of 5 tries on any of three machines available.

The three machines will be:

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Monster Bash
    Tales of the Arabian Nights

There will be a full qualifying session on Saturday, where the top 4 players will advance to play in a four player final on Sunday.

Prizes will be awarded to all of the finalists.

This tournament is going to be a ton of fun so parents bring your sons and daughter's out and if they make the top 4, then they get to play into front of the big stage on Sunday for the finals!!!

To register for this tournament please go to the registration desk on event day, entry into the tournament is free!!!

Also with a paid adult admission, children 12 & under can attend YEGPIN for free!!!

#137 5 years ago

That's a great lineup for the kids tourney!

#138 5 years ago

Wow thats awesome! Almost makes me want to bring my kids..... almost....

#139 5 years ago

Wow thats awesome! Almost makes me want to bring my kids..... almost....

Careful there, you are getting dangerously close to some troubling territory.

#140 5 years ago

Let keep it going, we have two new tournaments this year, Pinball Pro Championship (PPC) and Women's Canadian Pinball Championships (WCPC).

The PPC is a high stakes event that will bring out the best players to win a custom championship bracelet. Yep that is right, this prize is going to be sweet so bring a wad of cash and see if you can match up versus some of the best players in the world in this high stakes battle.

It will be a PAPA, 4 machine card format and there will be 5 machines you can choose from to fill out your card. This pays homage to the one of the toughest formats in all of pinball.

The event will run all day on Friday, and the playoff round will run on Saturday morning.

The WCPC will run on the same machines as the PPC and will run on Saturday afternoon. This will be an open qualifying format on five machines of which 3 will count toward the total score of the event. The playoff round will be run along with the other finals on Sunday.

We are proud to run a high level competition for just the ladies and look forward to crown our first women's champion.

The machines for both of these events are as follows:

Iron Maiden Pro
    Attack From Mars
    Sorcerer
    Paragon
    Centigrade 37

Enjoy!!!!

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The official YEGPIN poster is now ready for production, Thanks!!![quoted image]

Can anyone going pick me up a show poster? I have posters I can trade for one with those that like to collect pinball Wall Art. PM if you can help. DVE

#142 5 years ago

Anyone like old school pinball? If so you are going to like the next pinball tournament announcement.

We will announce the YEGPIN Classics Tournament next. There will be a whopping 8 games available this year to test your skill and patience. 5 of the entries will be of the solid state era and 3 will be in the Electro-Mechanical era.

The event will run all day Friday and Saturday afternoon with the playoffs on Saturday night and there will be over $5000 in cash and prizes given out for this event.

So without further delay here are the entries for the classics division:

KISS
    Joker Poker
    Mata Hari
    Nugent
    Trident
    Astronaut
    Atlantis
    Fireball

Of course with the reliability of classic era games this is subject to change but this is the list as we know it today.

Watch out for the big announcement tomorrow!!!

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can anyone going pick me up a show poster? I have posters I can trade for one with those that like to collect pinball Wall Art. PM if you can help. DVE

PM sent

#144 5 years ago

Anyone coming to YEGPin have a set of Lightning Flippers to sell? Also looking for a 2 or 3 Narrow Yellow 3d Standup Targets.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #145 5 years ago

This is it, one last tournament announcement for YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo.

I first want to give our thanks to Nitro Pinball for sponsoring the Canadian Pinball Championships and the Women's Canadian Pinball Championships. They have always been a huge advocate for competition pinball and we are very lucky to have partnered with them for the past 4 years. So when you come to the show make sure you say hi to Tommy and Suzanne and thank them for their support as they have been a huge part of what makes our show and tournaments a success.

The Canadian Pinball Championships presented by Nitro Pinball is our signature event, there will be 12 machines in the bank with 4 machine in the LCD/Modern era, 4 in the Early Modern Era and 4 in the Late Solid State era. The playoffs will consist of 4 Modern/LCD, 4 Solid State and 4 Early Solid State entries, they will be lined up so you will have to play one of each era in the playoff round. The machines for the finals can come out of CPC, Pro Pinball/WCPC or Classics banks, so you might want to put entries in all of these tournaments if you think you are going to be be qualified for the playoffs for this tournament.

Here is the bank for your enjoyment:

Modern/LCD
    AC/DC LE
    Ironman
    KISS LE
    Metallica LE

Early Modern
    Demolition Man
    Indiana Jones
    The Shadow
    Twilight Zone

Late Solid State
    Elvira & the Party Monsters
    Grand Lizard
    Laser Cue
    Time Machine

As always these machines are subject to change up and to the event.

Enjoy!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#146 5 years ago

Right on, Time Machine!

#147 5 years ago

I’m ready! Are you ready ?

17861D65-DA41-47E4-AEF5-089A0B27AAC1 (resized).jpeg17861D65-DA41-47E4-AEF5-089A0B27AAC1 (resized).jpeg
    #148 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Modern/LCD
    AC/DC LE
    Ironman
    KISS LE
    Metallica LE
    Early Modern
    Demolition Man
    Indiana Jones
    The Shadow
    Twilight Zone
    Late Solid State
    Elvira & the Party Monsters
    Grand Lizard
    Laser Cue
    Time Machine
    [quoted image]

No more vip passes
    After seeing this lineup of tournament pins, anyone have a game to donate for a pinless pinsider? Split my winnings with you?

#149 5 years ago

A major site update was done, as we are getting much closer to finalizing our lineup for Pins... Feel free to check it out, quite the powerhouse lineup for the event.

https://yegpin.com/pinball-machines/

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

No more vip passes
    After seeing this lineup of tournament pins, anyone have a game to donate for a pinless pinsider? Split my winnings with you?

#150 5 years ago

Hey Tommy. You guys planning on bringing any legs with you guys this year? Maybe a few sheets of regular glass? A few friends have been asking me. Thanks

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2019-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-april-26-28-2018/page/3?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.