(Topic ID: 222422)

YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo - April 26-28, 2019

By pins4life33

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Best in Show - Modern (resized).jpg
    CPC - 2nd Place (resized).jpg
    B Div - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    B - Div - Group (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - SS (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - EM (resized).jpg
    Best in Show - Arcade (resized).jpg
    CPC - 3rd Place (resized).jpg
    CPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    WCPC - Group (resized).jpg
    Novice - Group (resized).jpg
    WCPC - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    Novice - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    LFPT - Group (resized).jpg
    LFPT - 1st Place (resized).jpg
    KCPT - Group (resized).jpg
    There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 5 years ago

1 Ultimate VIP Left!

#52 5 years ago

Tried ordering an ultimate VIP pass using "TheHueManatee" as my name. It said the max characters was 10

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tried ordering an ultimate VIP pass using "TheHueManatee" as my name. It said the max characters was 10

Truth. We are busted. It will let you write a pinball book in there if you want.

TheHueManatee is 14, but it will only print 10 on the pass. So unless you tell us otherwise the pass will say
    TheHueMana

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Truth. We are busted. It will let you write a pinball book in there if you want.
    TheHueManatee is 14, but it will only print 10 on the pass. So unless you tell us otherwise the pass will say
    TheHueMana

How do I change it?

I'd take "HueManatee" if possible.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

How do I change it?
    I'd take "HueManatee" if possible.

Consider it changed. For anyone else looking to make updates a Edit Ticket URL should be sent to all ticket holders. From that link you can change the name on the pass or who the pass is for up until February 28, 2019. After that it's assigned to that person.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Consider it changed. For anyone else looking to make updates a Edit Ticket URL should be sent to all ticket holders. From that link you can change the name on the pass or who the pass is for up until February 28, 2019. After that it's assigned to that person.

Thank you much!!

#57 5 years ago

Wow!!! What a first day for ticket sales for YEGPIN we are already over 50% sold in the first day!!! Unfortunately, as you see above, the insane demand created a few issues with our new Credit Card processing system. This only impacted a few individuals, we have reached out and we are sorry for your frustration, we believe we have fixed these issues.

There are some things we can't control. Please ensure you are using the address for your CC on the order.

As a token of our appreciation for your patience we have opened 25 more Ultimate VIP tickets as there have been a few individuals that were unable to get their Ultimate passes processed yesterday.

So for this years show there will be now:
    75 – Ultimate VIP packages available
    50 – VIP Packages available

Currently there is stock for:
    26 – Ultimate VIP
    32 – VIP Packages

So if you haven’t got your ticket, act quickly, as there will not be further adjustments to the tickets.

Just want to thank the all of the wonderful pinball and arcade community in BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, NFLD, CA and WA who have already purchased tickets for the event. We have we could have never dreamed of the support we have for the show and look forward to exceeding your expectations once again this year.

For any online ticket issues feel free to email diehardpinball at gmail.com and we can make arrangements for alternative payments.

1 week later
    #58 5 years ago

We want you!!!! Yes, YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo relies on the donor community to provide us with pinball and arcade machine to use for the weekend. We want to pack the place with approximately 125 pinball machines and 50 arcade machine and we need your help to do it. In the return there a number of rewards that are provided to all of these great donors that help the show out.

YEGPIN – Donor Rewards:

3 day all access entry to YEGPIN
    Limited Edition donor pass
    Limited Edition YEGPIN lanyard
    Optional registration for Canadian Pinball Championship and Classics pinball tournaments
    Exclusive YEGPIN keychain collectible for each machine
    Access to VIP party (Friday)
    5 donor prize draw winners to be announced at VIP party
    Access to Retro Arcade Party (Saturday)

More details can be found on our bring a machine page.

https://www.yegpin.com/bring-a-game/

As well all donors will receive a chance to win their very own pinball machine (for pinball donors) and an arcade machine (for arcade donors). YEGPIN can also provide transportation services to pick up and drop off your machine as long as 2 or more are donated for the event.

Pictures for the machine giveaways will be posted closer to the show but they are going to awesome prizes to win, and the only way to have a chance to win them is to donate your machine for the event.

Thanks again for helping us make this a success, for those interested in bringing a machine to the event please fill out the form on the website and we will approve your request.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #59 5 years ago

Just tried to buy 2 Ultimate VIP passes for myself and wife and the payment would not go through??

Tried 2 different cards, neither worked...

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Just tried to buy 2 Ultimate VIP passes for myself and wife and the payment would not go through??
    Tried 2 different cards, neither worked...

Maybe they are sold out?

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Maybe they are sold out?

No. It says there is 19 left. Its a payment issue problem.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

No. It says there is 19 left. Its a payment issue problem.

I had issues too when I was trying to pay for multiple at the same time. I end up having to do them each individually.

#63 5 years ago

And I had to make alternate payment arrangements. So there’s an issue for sure.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

I had issues too when I was trying to pay for multiple at the same time. I end up having to do them each individually.

Yes, thank you, I did them one at a time and it worked.

Driving up looking for a Creature, can also bring a game for trade..

#65 5 years ago

Yes, for some weird reason we have been having an issue with multiple passes. If you try to do them one at a time we are hoping they will process properly. Sorry for all the payment issues this year we are running a new system one of the growing pains of the show in order to automate our financials. Thanks for all of your patience.

2 weeks later
    #66 5 years ago

Ok I'm in. I hope I get there this year. If not I'm going to flip an ultimate for $200

#67 5 years ago

Ha you might be able to if they all sellout lol...

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Ok I'm in. I hope I get there this year. If not I'm going to flip an ultimate for $200

#68 5 years ago

$175 for the wife's Ultimate pass.

#69 5 years ago

Will there be any show posters available?

#70 5 years ago

Undecided, if there are it will be very limited quantities as they have not sold well in previous shows and we would only make available at the show unfortunately.

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Will there be any show posters available?

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Undecided, if there are it will be very limited quantities as they have not sold well in previous shows and we would only make available at the show unfortunately.

What about tattoos? Can I get this year’s show art tattooed on my back at the show? Can they do it while I’m playing - I don’t want to miss out on qualifying for the sake of art...

#72 5 years ago

Almost forgot, congrats on the Classics II win at INDISC Deryk!

Missed the stream but hoping it’ll hit YouTube at some point so I can watch it.

Just remember, you’re far too busy running YegPin to play in the Classics tourney there.

#73 5 years ago

Yes, thanks... As big as this show is getting I may not get to play anything at all this year. It is my one big sacrifice of the year lol... Now over the 150 competitor mark and only 12 VIP tickets left get them while they are still available.

Quoted from Fytr:

Almost forgot, congrats on the Classics II win at INDISC Deryk!
    Missed the stream but hoping it’ll hit YouTube at some point so I can watch it.
    Just remember, you’re far too busy running YegPin to play in the Classics tourney there.

#74 5 years ago

This is the pin I’m bringing. Where do I pick up my weekend VIP pass?

79526246-E932-417D-B5F8-78406E703DC1 (resized).jpeg79526246-E932-417D-B5F8-78406E703DC1 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #75 5 years ago

Trying to buy one of the last 2 VIP passes today and getting an error saying "Error: Square was unable to complete the transaction. Please try again later or use another means of payment." Any help on this? I don't want to miss out on the VIP.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from OchoFosho:

Trying to buy one of the last 2 VIP passes today and getting an error saying "Error: Square was unable to complete the transaction. Please try again later or use another means of payment." Any help on this? I don't want to miss out on the VIP.

sorry......never mind....I misread your post

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

trying buying one ticket at a time

Yeah, I'm just trying to buy a single ticket. No luck.

#78 5 years ago

Just wanted to provide you all with an update!!!

YEGPIN presentated by Nitro Pinball and Retro Active Arcade Ltd has officially sold out of VIP tickets.

Now there are still 4 Ultimate VIP tickets left to purchase so act fast as I believe these won't last till the cutoff date of Feb 29, 2019.

One last warning in order to participate in the Nitro Pinball Canadian Pinball Championship and Classic Tournament you must purchase a UVIP or VIP pass. There will be no show registration for these two events, the only way to get in is to buy a VIP pass, donate a machine or volunteer for the event, sorry but there are already over 160 participants and we must cap the field.

I also received word from our vendors:

Nitro Pinball will be bringing many of the new titles to the show, there will be at least 15 of the latest and greatest titles out there to try out from Stern, Jersey Jack, Spooky Pinball, American Pinball and maybe a few other surprises!!!!

Retro Active Arcade is busy making a number of custom retro arcades dedicated for the show to show off and you to try out, thousands of classics arcade titles all rolled up into one machine or pedestal it is quite impressive.

We are finalizing the artwork for the show right now and hoping to be able to provide a sneak peak into our shirt, pass and poster designs by the end of the month.

Preparations are being made for all of the Ultimate VIP goodies, can't wait to get all of this stuff and start to get the awesome packages for these folks.

Some people have asked are you still accepting machine donations for the weekend. Absolutely we are, we have a much bigger space, we have build more power panels so lets pack the joint with as many as we can. Keep on sending in your donations we would love to have your machines for the show.

A separate post will be sent to show you the awesome prize draws for the machine donors that we will be giving away, I can tell you no other show in the world is as generous as our when it comes to providing machine donors with rewards. Whether you want to bring or sell a game we would love to have it. Please get a hold of us if you want to donate a machine to the event.

https://www.yegpin.com/marketplace/

#79 5 years ago

Very strange it looks like our ticket processing issues are still haunting us, I will send you an email on this, gotta make sure you get into the show

Quoted from OchoFosho:

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from OchoFosho:

ohhhh ya!!!!! your coming !!!! Thats Fricken AWESOME

#81 5 years ago

Well that was quick all VIP passes are now sold out, thanks for all of the support and records sales for the event.

It really validates that we are bringing a world class show to our awesome city!!!! See you all there.

For those that want to attend all weekend we will keep open the option of a weekend pass, this will be available till February 28, 2019 for $50, then will increase in price to $60 up to April 21, 2019 when we will cutoff sales.

For everyone else there will be daily ticket sales on event day come on down and take in the show!!!

1 week later
    #82 5 years ago

Happy Valentines Day from us at Die Hard Pinball, organizers of YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo.

We have a special announcement today for all of those ladies that will be attending this years event. Yes, we are finally doing this, YEGPIN is proud to announce the first ever:

Women's Canadian Pinball Championships.

We felt it was time to create a separate tournament for those awesome women that participate at the event so here you go. Everyone will still be able to participate in all of the other tournaments but this one has been create just for the ladies.

There will be prize pool, trophy and plaques presented to the winners. The event will be IFPA sanctioned and be the biggest women's tournament in Alberta!!!!

Best of all we would like to thank Nitro Pinball for making this happen and sponsoring this awesome event. They have been supporting women's pinball all of the North America and now have put there support behind this awesome tournament.

There is no pre-registration or cap sign-up will be at the tournament desk if you don't already have a VIP ticket. Your entries can be now used for CPC, WCPC (ladies only) or Classics, isn't that cool!!!!

All of the details are on the website take a look and hope to see you at this awesome event!!!

https://www.yegpin.com/womens-canadian-pinball-championship-presented-by-nitro-pinball/

#83 5 years ago

Super cool.... excited to watch it all go down!

#84 5 years ago

Because i suck at playing pinball i tend to do something im better at .... drinking.... and when i drink i like watching pinball! Is there any plans to display the finals onto a screen of some kind so watchers can see the action?

#86 5 years ago

This year there will be a bigger tournament area, stands setup for viewing, with drinking allowed and hopefully (2) 55" tv's that will show the machines being streamed for finals. We are not prepared to do an INDISC setup of 24 tv's showing the playfields behind the machines or like Pinburgh where they have two 120ft screens to show action but hopefully this will be enough to people to see all the action while it is being streamed live.

Quoted from toasterman04:

Because i suck at playing pinball i tend to do something im better at .... drinking.... and when i drink i like watching pinball! Is there any plans to display the finals onto a screen of some kind so watchers can see the action?

#87 5 years ago

Can't wait to go again!

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Happy Valentines Day from us at Die Hard Pinball, organizers of YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo.
    We have a special announcement today for all of those ladies that will be attending this years event. Yes, we are finally doing this, YEGPIN is proud to announce the first ever:
    Women's Canadian Pinball Championships.
    We felt it was time to create a separate tournament for those awesome women that participate at the event so here you go. Everyone will still be able to participate in all of the other tournaments but this one has been create just for the ladies.
    There will be prize pool, trophy and plaques presented to the winners. The event will be IFPA sanctioned and be the biggest women's tournament in Alberta!!!!
    Best of all we would like to thank Nitro Pinball for making this happen and sponsoring this awesome event. They have been supporting women's pinball all of the North America and now have put there support behind this awesome tournament.
    There is no pre-registration or cap sign-up will be at the tournament desk if you don't already have a VIP ticket. Your entries can be now used for CPC, WCPC (ladies only) or Classics, isn't that cool!!!!
    All of the details are on the website take a look and hope to see you at this awesome event!!!
    https://www.yegpin.com/womens-canadian-pinball-championship-presented-by-nitro-pinball/
    [quoted image]

The wife is super excited about this!

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

This year there will be a bigger tournament area, stands setup for viewing, with drinking allowed and hopefully (2) 55" tv's that will show the machines being streamed for finals. We are not prepared to do an INDISC setup of 24 tv's showing the playfields behind the machines or like Pinburgh where they have two 120ft screens to show action but hopefully this will be enough to people to see all the action while it is being streamed live.

STANDS!?!?!!! SUPER COOL!!!!! With that setup spunds like we can bring signs and everything .... WWE style !!!!

#90 5 years ago

Very excited for YEGPIN .... as always! And very impressed with all the effort from the team, you guys put out so much effort and it shows!

#91 5 years ago

Good job as always DRT and company.
    You guys are putting on a great show, always improving

#92 5 years ago

Very excited for YEGPIN .... as always! And very impressed with all the effort from the team, you guys put out so much effort and it shows!

Quoted from pingod:

Good job as always DRT and company.
    You guys are putting on a great show, always improving

Couldn't agree more. Look forward to this every year. Good little escape for the sasky boys too. Little over 2 months away!!

#93 5 years ago

STANDS!?!?!!! SUPER COOL!!!!! With that setup spunds like we can bring signs and everything .... WWE style !!!!

That would be awesome!

#94 5 years ago

Happy Family Day everyone!!! Speaking of family day did you know that YEGPIN is one of the only places to take your entire family of all ages to play pinball and arcade in this city and it only happens one time a year!!!

We have now finalized our schedule of events for YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo presented by Nitro Pinball and Retro Active Arcade.

The weekend includes:

- A weekend long free play room filled with tons of pinball and arcade machines.
    - 5 IFPA sanctioned tournaments (Yes, you are reading that correctly).
    - A 12 & under pinball tournament, the best children's pinball tournament in Alberta and a chance to play in Sunday's final format with all of the other finalists.
    - A 18+ VIP Party for our ticket-holders, donors, sponsors and volunteers presented by Nitro Pinball on Friday night.
    - A 18+ YEGPIN After Dark retro arcade party, open to the public with paid admission and presented by Retro Active Arcade on Saturday night.
    - Full concessions on site at Millennium Place and beer garden area within the event.
    - Stands, tv's and streaming setup for all of our major pinball tournaments over the weekend, come on out and cheer on the best players in the country.
    - 2 major vendors areas to try all of the latest and greatest pinball and arcade games, they will have tons of machines, parts and services for sale at the event.

Please remember that our VIP tickets are completely sold out, but there are still weekend passes available on the website. The pre-sale price of $50 on weekend passes will end on Feb 28, 2019 and will revert back to the show price of $60 so don't hesitate to pre-purchase your pass today.

Take a look at the link below for the full schedule of events throughout the entire weekend.

https://www.yegpin.com/schedule-of-events/

#95 5 years ago

Just seen the event poster on Brian Holdermans Instagram...it's purdy sweeeet

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Just seen the event poster on Brian Holdermans Instagram...it's purdy sweeeet

love the devil guy with the horns!

#97 5 years ago

In case your not following along on Facebook.

So did any of you out there get an Ultimate VIP pass this year, if so man are you lucky the shirts this year are awesome. One of my favourite arcade themes when I was a kid was Gauntlet so we asked Brian Holderman to give us his take on this for our show. I think he did a bang up job on the art. There will be very limited quantities and sizes available at the show so get there early at the merchandise desk if you want one this year!!! Thanks again to Brian Holderman for all his hard work, the guy is super talented!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHLaNrh5ts/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&fbclid=IwAR12DYZbdj7VJiAuUpHdGrbDoQGhOssehnx3pGC3Iz9DWoPqfWNZkOC1_kw

#98 5 years ago

Well we have another huge announcement for YEGPIN: 2019 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo, presented by Nitro Pinball and Retro Active Arcade. We are moving into a little bigger space this year so that means we want more machines in there than in previous years. In order to do this YEGPIN provides some of the best donor rewards for any show across the world, yes I said it!!!

When you bring a machine you receive the following rewards:

- 3 day all access entry to YEGPIN
    - Limited Edition donor pass
    - Limited Edition YEGPIN lanyard
    - Optional registration for Canadian Pinball Championship and Classics pinball tournaments
    - Exclusive YEGPIN keychain collectible for each machine
    - Access to VIP party (Friday)
    - 2 donor prize draw winners (mystery pinball machine, Dig Dug arcade machine) to be announced at VIP party
    - Access to Retro Arcade Party (Saturday)

Now with support of Nitro Pinball, these rewards are now even better!!!

I am now pleased to announce the grand prize draw for one lucky pinball machine donor we be a new in box.......

Munsters Pro!!!!!

Yes we are crazy, yes we are stepping up our game, yes we want you all of your machine donations, yes we want to pack the place and Nitro Pinball is making all of this happen this year for one lucky collector.

Best yet I have heard that Tommy Floyd will be presenting this machine himself at the VIP Party event. I have also heard that he will do an unplugged acoustic version of his hit song "I Wanna Be With You" for the winner!!! Does it get any better than that. (insert "just joking" here)

This year for every pinball machine you donate you will receive:

- (1) entry for your machine donation (2 entries if self transported to show)
    - (1) Extra prize draw if used in a YEGPIN tournament for the weekend
    - (1) Extra prize draw if you win a best in show award for your machine

If you want to donate your a pinball or arcade machine for the event please visit:

Again my sincere thanks to Nitro Pinball for being a loyal supporter of the show, they have been there from the start and helped us turn this expo into a world class event. If you are looking for new machines, parts or accessories please visit their website and support this truly Canadian pinball distributor.

https://www.nitropinball.com/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #99 5 years ago

Wow well done YEGPIN and NITRO.... that is literally making me want to rent a trailer .... mission accomplished

#100 5 years ago

Always impressed at how you guys make this event better every year. guaranteed to jostle some "on the fence" owners to sharing their beautiful pins with the world. great idea!

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2019-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-april-26-28-2018/page/2?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.