Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D4DC2C19-5BA7-4156-834A-C4141268268B (resized).jpeg
    40A5A784-7282-4AFB-AAAA-50A564BC92B6 (resized).jpeg
    PanoHall (resized).JPG
    Bannersa (resized).JPG
    BannerHoist (resized).JPG
    DSC09958.JPG
    DSC09956.JPG
    DSC09955.JPG
    DSC09952.JPG
    DSC09925.JPG
    DSC09921.JPG
    DSC09917.JPG
    DSC09887.JPG
    DSC09886.JPG
    DSC09885.JPG
    DSC09884.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

What’s the procedure for securing tournament entries for those of us bringing games and qualifying for the free VIP pass?

1 month later
    #77 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

EMs: 6.5 - 7.0
    SS: 7.0 - 7.5
    Moderns: 7.5 - 8.5

I get what you're trying to do, but these are all 1 full degree too high IMHO. There are a lot of ways to make a particular game harder to reduce ball times without distorting the entire essence of the game. In my opinion (and I've heard this echoed elsewhere), you should never user *every* means at your disposal to increase game difficulty, but rather a select one or two depending on the particular game.

For example, open the outlanes or remove a rubber on an outlane post for a long-playing game, but don't tighten the tilt to zero tolerance AND remove the post. Also, subtle nudging is a key skill in pinball, so having the tilts so tight that the simple act of starting Showtime multiball on TaF will sometimes tilt your game is not fun or fair.

In my opinion, over steeping the game and tightening the tilts to completely remove nudging is distorting the game to favour a few select skills over others (extreme ball control and shot making over predicting ball trajectories and subtle nudging). This reduces the overall depth of the competition and makes it more frustrating and less fun than it could be.

Anyway, it's your tournament and I'll come regardless because it's otherwise completely friggin' awesome, but since we're offering constructive feedback...

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I heard the queues weren’t that long because Alberta players aren’t as good as Bc players...

Hey, sometimes you just want to lose fast and get on with the drinking!

Booked my room! Leaving my 2x6 at home.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Um,didn't you win the classics division last year at Yegpin

Yes, yes I did. ...and it seriously reduced my drinking time!

I'm just trying to give everyone *else* a chance.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ha ya not sure how two AB boys beat two Van City boys in the final must have been luck

...always a good idea to bring Lady Luck to the ball.

2 weeks later
    #94 6 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not to derail this thread ... My Houdini has arrived ... Anybody wanting to try the game please pm me and give it a try ....
    Back to Yegpin stuff ...

Sweet! You must have been in *early*.

#101 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

One of the more common custom messages our group has on their machines

That's a great idea. I'll setup some custom messages on our location games to promote YegPin.

1 week later
    #123 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes, hopefully less lost entries. We even threw in a $50 option for the big spenders. I am sure there will be a few takers .

Might as well just admit to yourself from the start that you're in for that anyway. With luck, because you already spent the $$$, you'll qualify on your first try.

2 weeks later
    #152 6 years ago

Just to confirm, for anyone signed up to bring one or more games to YegPin, there is no further action required to secure their VIP pass at this time? Yes, I'm a little paranoid...

4 weeks later
    #182 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Why only 3 pins for the classics tournament this year?
    Edit: Nevermind, it was just those screenshots, LOTR and Harlem Globetrotters are also in the two competitions as per the site

Where do you see this? I only see the 3 games for classics, with the tournament page indicating there will be 7 games in total.

When will the rest of the tournament games be announced?

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Strange, I'm just going to https://www.yegpin.com/pinball-machines/
    That's weird if it's not showing us the same thing

Ok now I see 4 in classics. So 3 more yet to unveil I guess.

On a sad note we are 5 weeks away from Yegpin, a weekend that was possibly the hottest of the year the last couple years with +30 temps, and it’s going to be -18c here this weekend.

2 weeks later
    #198 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Should have gone to the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend, they had 30 Iron Maidens there. Insane!

There’s still time!

Any good streams of the show?

3 weeks later
    #277 5 years ago

Awesome event guys!!

Thanks a million for all your hard work and that of the volunteers. Thing runs like clockwork at this point, at least from an outsider's view.

My Highlights:

- Visiting with the motley collection of pinball fanatics from across Western Canada. This show is like a family reunion of regional pinheads.

- Playing all the new games that Tommy/Nitro hauled across BC to the event for us to play. First time on POTCJJP, Houdini, and Iron Freakin' Maiden. My god that Maiden game was awesome! Volume was cranked and every so often you would hear it from across the hall it and you would smile and feel joy.

- Having my TNA in the tournament bank and being played by some very high calibre players, including current IFPA #1 (and WCPC winner) Raymond Davidson.

- And of course, last but not least, seeing my name up in the rafters.

PanoHall (resized).JPGPanoHall (resized).JPG
    BannerHoist (resized).JPGBannerHoist (resized).JPG
    Bannersa (resized).JPGBannersa (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
    #304 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I see the American who kicked everyone's ass at yegpin 2018 Raymond Davidson, just won his second straight ifpa championship this past weekend.
    If he decides to defend his 2018 yegpin title in 2019 I'll have to enter so a Canadian can hold the title again!

pingod beat him in the classics.

#localheros

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2018-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-4-6-2018?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.