Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D4DC2C19-5BA7-4156-834A-C4141268268B (resized).jpeg
    40A5A784-7282-4AFB-AAAA-50A564BC92B6 (resized).jpeg
    PanoHall (resized).JPG
    Bannersa (resized).JPG
    BannerHoist (resized).JPG
    DSC09958.JPG
    DSC09956.JPG
    DSC09955.JPG
    DSC09952.JPG
    DSC09925.JPG
    DSC09921.JPG
    DSC09917.JPG
    DSC09887.JPG
    DSC09886.JPG
    DSC09885.JPG
    DSC09884.JPG
    There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 6 years ago

Die Hard Pinball League presents the third annual YEGPIN – 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo which will be held the weekend of May 4th-6th, 2018. The show is centrally located at the Edmonton Aviation Museum in Edmonton at 11410 Kingsway NW. This is an ALL AGES event!

Are you a pinball buff, a collector or just have fun playing some pinball? Want to relive your younger days with some of the classic arcade games from your childhood, or introduce your family to the world of pinball and classic arcade games? Are you interested in seeing some of the latest game technology and what the resurgence in pinball and arcade is all about? Or maybe you're looking to buy a pin or arcade game for your home or office? If yes is the answer to any of these questions then come join us at YEGPIN!!!!!!

We endeavor to fill the historic Alberta Aviation Museum hangar with more than 100 pinball machines and 50 classic video games, and other game room goodies set up on free play for everyone to enjoy the entire weekend. YEGPIN will strive to showcase the best pinball and arcade collections in the city and be able to provide you with three fun-filled days of playing pinball machines and arcade games.

The event will also be hosting two IFPA (International Flipper Pinball Association) backed pinball tournaments which you will receive WPPR (World Pinball Player Rankings). This will be a great, friendly competition that is open to novice and advanced players alike. We offer trophies and cash prizes to the winners in novice and A divisions.

As if that weren’t enough, we will have a space for a designated licensed area, and our games rooms will be open late on Friday and Saturday. For our guests who are volunteers, those that contribute game(s), or advance purchase a VIP all access weekend pass will be invited to a special VIP party where music will be played and all free play machines can be played well past midnight on Friday night.

New this year will be a Saturday night YEGPIN After Dark party, this will be a separate ticketed event. This will transform our facility into a retro style arcade for the night, blaring out 80's and 90's tunes. Feel free to bring out your best 80's or 90's theme costume for a fun filled night.

Ticket pre-sales will start at 10:00AM on December 17, 2017 for VIP and Weekend Passes. VIP Passes are limited to 125 tickets and give you access to all of the activities for the entire weekend. All ticket information will be on our website www.yegpin.com.

Much more information to be leaked as we get closer to the website launch date.

Feel free to visit our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/422900261461210/?notif_t=plan_user_joined&notif_id=1510935664548560

See you all there!!!!

#2 6 years ago

Check out some of the highlights from the 2017 show from our friends at Canadian Arcade.

#3 6 years ago

I'll be there

#4 6 years ago

I don’t think I can make it

#5 6 years ago

You guys are so funny like Mike and Tim putting tentitive on the Facebook event page to give me heartattacks...

Quoted from Stretch7:

I don’t think I can make it

#6 6 years ago

Less than 29 days till our website is live. If you are a tournament player or want to be at the VIP party on Friday I would strongly suggest purchasing your passes as soon as they go on sale. The AB and SK pinball leagues have grown over the past year and I think these tickets are going to sellout pretty quickly again this year. I can’t tell you the number of people that came up to us last year asking if they could purchase VIP tickets for event and we had to say no. We have increased them to 125 this year but when they are gone they are gone!!!

#7 6 years ago

What’s the procedure for securing tournament entries for those of us bringing games and qualifying for the free VIP pass?

#8 6 years ago

Good question, tournament entries do not come with machine donations, you receive a free VIP pass but do not get all the VIP pass rewards, you get the donor rewards, which includes a chance to win your very own pinball machine and four other prizes of at least $250 value.

You will be able to purchase tournament entries via the tournament desk.

WCPC

1 entry - $4
    3 entries - $10
    7 entries - $20

Classics

1 entry - $3
    4 entries - $11
    8 entries - $20

Quoted from Fytr:

What’s the procedure for securing tournament entries for those of us bringing games and qualifying for the free VIP pass?

1 week later
    #9 6 years ago

Not much buzz yet about YEGPIN - 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo on May 4-6, 2018 so lets create some buzz. Three IFPA sanctioned tournaments will be held at YEGPIN 2018.

1. 2018 Western Canadian Pinball Championships
    - Over $7500 in cash and prizes
    - Three divisions (Main, Novice and Women's)

2. 2018 DHPL Classics Tournament
    - Over $2500 in cash and prizes
    - Two divisions (Main, Novice)
    - Prize for Women's top qualifier

3. NEW!!!! Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament - Friday Night
    - $20 entry fee
    - All proceeds raised to go to help fight cancer
    - YEGPIN to match the entry fees collected.

Over $10,000 in cash and prizes, many trophies and plaques awarded to the winners, three chances at IFPA points, wowza...

Remember tickets go on sale at www.yegpin.com on December 17, 2017 at 10:00AM, only 125 VIP tickets will be sold, so make sure you don't miss out.

If you are a tournament player you don't want to miss out on the VIP package, seems like a great segway to the next announcement in a few days.

Enjoy!!!!

#10 6 years ago

Glad you bumped this thread, I didn't have it in my favorites yet!
    Looking forward to this event, so much fun!

Thanks DT, JP, RV et al for all the hard work that goes behind organizing these events!

#11 6 years ago

Just added too

#12 6 years ago

ME three ....

1 week later
    #13 6 years ago

Hmm, lets do another huge YEGPIN update. This year we will be accepting 100 pinball machines and 50 arcade machines for donations, so hopefully we pack the place and have a dream arcade of around 150 machines. There will be two major prize giveaways at the Friday Night VIP Party for those donors that have been so kind to donate their machines for the weekend. they have the chance to win the following machines:

For Pinball Donors: A customized, fully restored 1978 Solid State Joker Poker. Estimated Market Value at $3000

For Arcade Donors: A fully restored 1982 QBert Arcade machine. Estimated Market Value at $1500

There will be three additional prize draws for at least $250 as well. In all we are investing $5000 back into the donor community as they are the ones that make this show happen.

Here are the rewards:

Rewards for lending full-sized arcade and pinball machines include the following:

For self-transported games: (Per Household)

1-2 Machines = 1 VIP weekend pass, 2 entry tickets in our donor draws for each pinball machine or arcade donated
    3-4 Machines = 2 VIP weekend passes, 2 entry tickets in our donor draws for each pinball machine or arcade donated
    5+ Machines = Let's talk

For games we transport: (Per Household)

2 Machines (Minimum) = 1 VIP weekend pass, 1 entry ticket in our donor draws for each pinball machine or arcade donated
    3-7 Machines = 2 VIP weekend passes, 1 entry ticket in our donor draws for each pinball machine or arcade donated
    8+ Machines = Let's talk

There will be bonus entries given for all of our best in show winners as well in the following categories:

Best In Show Machine
    Best Modern Pinball
    Best Solid State Pinball
    Best EM Pinball
    Best Arcade Machine

Thanks again to all of our generous donors we are once again going to have an awesome selection of games for you to play all weekend at YEGPIN.

All interested donors can use the bring a game form on the website (www.yegpin.com), once we receive we will review your application and provide you with confirmation. The site will be live very soon!!!!

#14 6 years ago

We are proud to announce our first major sponsor for YEGPIN - 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo ..... Nitro Pinball!!!
    Nitro has been a long standing supporter of DHPL and has supported our show from day one. We thank them for their generous donation they are officially a 'Partner' sponsor for the event. Nitro has excellent customer service they go above and beyond to meet your needs. If you are looking to purchase a New In Box pinball machine, pinball parts, or pinball mods don't hesitate to contact them. The are our official pinball vendor for YEGPIN.
    Nitro has committed to have 15 pinball machines at the show this year and is the title sponsor of the Western Canadian Pinball Championship and the Friday Night VIP Party.
    Thanks Tommy and Suzanne for all your support over the years the Alberta Pinball community is very grateful for all your support.

image003 (resized).jpgimage003 (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

Let's keep this going. We would like to announce our second major sponsor for YEGPIN - 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo ..... Retroactive Arcade!!!!
    Retroactive Arcade has also been with the show since its inception helping us grow the arcade community within the event. We thank them for their generous donation they are officially a 'Partner' sponsor for the event. Retroactive Arcade has a great location and if you are looking to purchase a pimped up Arcade Machines with thousands of games on it, Do it yourself arcade kits, used pinball machines, arcade parts, feel free to visit their booth and check out there cool stuff. Retroactive Arcade is our major arcade vendor for YEGPIN. Retroactive has committed to have 10 arcade machines at the show this year and is the title sponsor of the Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament. So come on out and support this awesome cause.
    Thanks Casey for all your support and believing in our show, the Alberta Arcade and Pinball community is very grateful for all your support.

http://retroactivearcade.ca/

#16 6 years ago

All I can say is are you ready!!!! Website will go live and tickets will go on sale at 10:00am MST sharp on Sunday. VIP and Weekend Passes will be on sale. All daily passes for the event will need to be purchased at the door. Due to popular demand and many people coming up to me and complaining they were not able to attend the Nitro Pinball - Friday Night VIP Party we have increase this number to 125 tickets this year. That means a bigger tournament, more food, and one kickass party so don't hesitiate to purchase your pass ASAP. Please note each passholder will need to be registered on the site. The first person to register will get their choice between the offical show shirt or the YEGPIN retro shirt. Yes, we will have two shirt designs this year, and will add the shirt designs to the website when finalized.
    www.yegpin.com

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17 6 years ago

Man is anyone going to this thing, pretty quiet out there maybe we should just say screw it and cancel the whole thing as it might be just be me with over 100 pinball machines, and over 60 arcade machines to enjoy. At least I would get could actually play in the classics pinball tournment that way, maybe even win it if I can beat myself lol...

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Man is anyone going to this thing, pretty quiet out there maybe we should just say screw it and cancel the whole thing as it might be just be me with over 100 pinball machines, and over 60 arcade machines to enjoy. At least I would get could actually play in the classics pinball tournment that way, maybe even win it if I can beat myself lol...

Ha ha. I’m beyond stoked to make it. I’ll be doing the 8 hour drive with my wife and 3 kids. YEGPIN always rocks, but you guys did an absolutely amazing job last year! We’re super excited.

#19 6 years ago

I to will be there and I know a lot of people from saskatoon that are sapp members that will be there as well. But aren't very active on pinside. You guys did a great job last year no need to worry I'm sure it will be twice as busy as last year.

#20 6 years ago

Ill check my spring schedule

#21 6 years ago

I guess I'll come. If you really need me to.

Are there going to be hotel discounts available?

#22 6 years ago

Thread favorited, website bookmarked and counting down the days...

The wife & I will both be there Can't wait!

#23 6 years ago

Good question yes, there will be the same options as last year... This should be all finalized and info should be on website at launch.

Quoted from shaub:

I guess I'll come. If you really need me to.
    Are there going to be hotel discounts available?

#24 6 years ago

Just a reminder to everyone that the website goes live and tickets officially go on sale today for YEGPIN - 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo at 10:00 AM MST.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Just a reminder to everyone that the website goes live and tickets officially go on sale today for YEGPIN - 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo at 10:00 AM MST.

25min and counting.

#26 6 years ago

Quick Question (while we wait): Is Yegpin 2018 going to be added to the Pinside Events Calendar?

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Quick Question (while we wait): Is Yegpin 2018 going to be added to the Pinside Events Calendar?

Good call klr650 we will contact robin and get that added as well as look into a sponsor ad on the top again this year to support Pinside.

#28 6 years ago

https://www.yegpin.com We Are Live!
    First VIP Order nabs a free shirt!

Back for the third annual Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo (YEGPIN) 2018 proudly presented by Nitro Pinball & Retroactive Arcade.  We are happy to be back at the Alberta Airport Museum in Edmonton this year from May 4th-6th, 2018. We can't wait to see you all there and have so much planed for this year.

www.yegpin.com

(*KNOCK* REPLAY!)

#29 6 years ago

Way to break the site Canada Got an email from our web host sharing that you crashed the server. The overwhelming support is appreciated! Site is back and we are pausing on content updates until traffic slows. Be sure to look tomorrow as we have lots of pictures from 2016/17 that we are digging up from the archives.

#30 6 years ago

I just filled out the information needed for donating a pinball for the weekend. It's a Street Fighter II.....maybe that's what crashed the site?

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just filled out the information needed for donating a pinball for the weekend. It's a Street Fighter II.....maybe that's what crashed the site?

Thanks for the donation! A polarizing pin, but I love the Gottlieb SFII personally, happy to see it at the show. And you are all but guaranteed a multi-ball so what's not to love.

Thanks ImNotNorm , @bcrage88 will be in touch for your FREE all access VIP weekend admission to YEGPIN! Your name also goes into the donor prize draw AND eligible for the Best In Show award.

#33 6 years ago

Got my VIP pass, a really good value. Just getting into the building an hour early each day makes it totally worth it for me.

I will be heading straight for the Nitro Booth each morning!

FYI, if someone is awesome enough to bring Total Nuclear Annihilation (PLEASE!), I will then be crazy-gluing myself to that machine.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Got my VIP pass, a really good value. Just getting into the building an hour early each day makes it totally worth it for me.
    I will be heading straight for the Nitro Booth each morning!
    FYI, if someone is awesome enough to bring Total Nuclear Annihilation (PLEASE!), I will then be crazy-gluing myself to that machine.

Thanks! Your 100% right, when you factor in the tournament tickets + hassle free pre-register + entry into the Friday night YEGPIN Nitro Pinball - VIP Pinball Party, VIP pass is a no-brainer. @bcrage88 worked really hard on this. Thanks!

Total Nuclear Annihilation is confirmed for the event at this time, but this is subject change. We have word that there might even be two of this title at the event. You think that's good news check out the list of Arcade Machines! http://www.yegpin.com/arcade-machines/

#35 6 years ago

Can't wait for YEGPIN I've been wanting to try TNA for a while now

#36 6 years ago

Cool, just checked out the list of arcade games. It will be nice to play Arkanoid, APB and Toobin' again!
    Edit: Just noticed the MS-Pacman tournament! Yes! Hopefully its running the original ROMs, I might actually have a chance!

#37 6 years ago

I got my VIP pass and cannot wait! Last year was unreal I'm sure it's only going to be better this year.

#38 6 years ago

Lets hope so cause if there's only one it will probably be a tournament game

Quoted from yegpin:

Total Nuclear Annililation is confirmed for the event at this time, but this is subject change. We have word that there might even be two of this title at the event. You think that's good news check out the list of Arcade Machines! http://www.yegpin.com/arcade-machines/

#39 6 years ago

I'm in and VIP all the way can't wait

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Cool, just checked out the list of arcade games. It will be nice to play Arkanoid, APB and Toobin' again!
    Edit: Just noticed the MS-Pacman tournament! Yes! Hopefully its running the original ROMs, I might actually have a chance!

pacman_1 (resized).jpgpacman_1 (resized).jpg
    Totally! Big thanks for pinforge.com for stepping up. Did you see the first place prize!??!
    Official announcement on that tournament, and the details on a great partnership soon. We couldn't be more excited about the support, and to see some different events this year.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Can't wait. I'm starting to practice today

It says fast ms. pacman will be used. How fast are we talking? I wonder if I can speed mine up or find a rom that that is faster?

20171218_082918.jpg20171218_082918.jpg

#42 6 years ago

I'm in! Always a good time, really looking forward to it!

#43 6 years ago

All signed up again Derek. Thanks. Can you remind me are kids under 12 entered at no charge or donwe have to pay for them too?

#44 6 years ago

Yes, YEGPIN is committed to grow Pinball and Arcade at the grass roots level and will continue to offer free admission to all of those kids that are 12 and under with a paid adult admission. As well there is a free tournament each day and prizes for kids too.

http://www.yegpin.com/tickets/

Quoted from pinchamp:

All signed up again Derek. Thanks. Can you remind me are kids under 12 entered at no charge or donwe have to pay for them too?

#45 6 years ago

Time for some practice!

IMG_20140909_192734 (resized).jpgIMG_20140909_192734 (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago

Just bought my VIP pass. Hopefully this year I can use it.

#47 6 years ago

Just got en email for my VIP pass & the wife is purchasing her ticket tonight

#48 6 years ago

As per our previous email ... Reinstating my volenteer status again for 2018

#49 6 years ago

I'm in for 2 VIP tickets again this year.
    Not sure about bringing a game yet though.

2 weeks later
    #50 6 years ago

15 days without talking about YEGPIN is HARD!!!!!!
    Room at Cheateu BOOKED

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2018-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-4-6-2018?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.