Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D4DC2C19-5BA7-4156-834A-C4141268268B (resized).jpeg
    40A5A784-7282-4AFB-AAAA-50A564BC92B6 (resized).jpeg
    PanoHall (resized).JPG
    Bannersa (resized).JPG
    BannerHoist (resized).JPG
    DSC09958.JPG
    DSC09956.JPG
    DSC09955.JPG
    DSC09952.JPG
    DSC09925.JPG
    DSC09921.JPG
    DSC09917.JPG
    DSC09887.JPG
    DSC09886.JPG
    DSC09885.JPG
    DSC09884.JPG
    There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 5 years ago

I loved the show but will not go back to the hotel you recommend ever worst hotel I’ve ever been at.

#252 5 years ago

O ya and no discount that don’t even know what Yegpin is.

A740C50E-A85A-426D-9D85-D2CED8B1CB9E (resized).jpegA740C50E-A85A-426D-9D85-D2CED8B1CB9E (resized).jpeg

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

I loved the show but will not go back to the hotel you recommend ever worst hotel I’ve ever been at.

Hey Twilight1 thanks for the heads up. Can you PM me the name of the hotel if you feel comfortable. We would like to follow up with the Hotel. Thank you.

Yikes! Some high-tech security on that door? I can't tell from the photo, is the door broken or propped open?

Appreciate the heads up, helps us ensure things are better in the future.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Too bad, would of had my vote for sure. That machine had every bell, whistle and light going for it. I love retroactive arcades, I keep leaving having spent way more than I wanted to

It's an amazing machine. Did you see the back of it? Hello attention to detail! Great work Retro Active!~

If you didn't see it make sure you check it out today! Last day of the show!

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

What games won? Best arcade, best pinball, donor winner for qbert and joker poker?

Joker Poker ~ Kyle for donating Dragon
    Qbert ~ Matthew for donating 720

I'll get the best in show list posted today.

#256 5 years ago

Anyone have a link to the qualifying?

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone have a link to the qualifying?

http://neverdrains.com/yegpin2018/

Setting up the finals now.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

Ya man I also will not be staying at this hotel again.... I will take the extra walk to edmonton inn next year... might stop there on my way out and see how it is. For two years running the chateau Louis has had no air conditioning in our room. They gave endless excuses. But on a positive note ... YEGPIN !!!! Man what a great show loving every minute of it!! Great job everyone involved!

#259 5 years ago

Here a few photos from Saturday Night.
    DSCN1425 (resized).JPGDSCN1425 (resized).JPG
    DSCN1424 (resized).JPGDSCN1424 (resized).JPG
    DSCN1433 (resized).JPGDSCN1433 (resized).JPGDSCN1437 (resized).JPGDSCN1437 (resized).JPGDSCN1431 (resized).JPGDSCN1431 (resized).JPG

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Hey Twilight1 thanks for the heads up. Can you PM me the name of the hotel if you feel comfortable. We would like to follow up with the Hotel. Thank you.
    Yikes! Some high-tech security on that door? I can't tell from the photo, is the door broken or propped open?

As for the door is sometimes didnt close but went for a smoke around 330 and there where rocks in the door jam. Just wonder how long it was like that.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Ya man I also will not be staying at this hotel again.... I will take the extra walk to edmonton inn next year... might stop there on my way out and see how it is. For two years running the chateau Louis has had no air conditioning in our room. They gave endless excuses. But on a positive note ... YEGPIN !!!! Man what a great show loving every minute of it!! Great job everyone involved!

It's good feedback we can pass along to the hotel, also, we can look at shuttle and better hotels if that's needed. Something we have discussed in the past.

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Why so many games turned off? Last night at midnight it was crazy. Was hoping to play a few games with the wife to convince her to make a purchase and everything was off....

Hey Spencer,

Thanks for the note.

I can't speak for last night, but as of this morning only 4 machines out of the 150+ are off due to critical failure. That's insane and a huge testament to the bloody amazing techs and volunteer team. Sorry if more were off then you expected. Swing by today as 97% of the machines are functional.

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

We stayed at the same hotel and thought it was fine.we also complained about the A.C. and it was fixed in a timely manner

#264 5 years ago

I was booked at the hotel based on the closeness to the venue and the advice from yegpin. On the drive over, we read some reviews which were pretty negative and we decided to change hotels. After seeing the exterior I was quite happy we booked elsewhere. I think a new hotel should be sought for future years.

I was at the venue on both Friday and Saturday. While there were a few games with issues at various times, it’s to be expected in my opinion. These are old games that often belong to collectors and are not used to be running 12 hrs per day.

We had fun. Just wish there was a similar event three hours south!

#265 5 years ago

Another great event in the books. Had tons of fun enjoying the pins, volunteering and hanging out with just a ton of good people. Big round of applause to the organizers, a ton of hard work goes into planning and running these events.

#266 5 years ago

Good job everybody, nice to see some more stand-up arcade machines this year. The Ms-Pacman tournament was also cool, interesting to watch the 6 player split-screen and witness some vastly different techniques / strategies for that particular game.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

Agreed what a fucking dump for $600...

And the part of town, wow.....

#268 5 years ago

Well besides the creepy as fuck hotel we had a great time. To many games were down for my liking but hey, thats the way it works I guess.

Spent a great night with Tommy and Suzanne, Al, Scott and the whole gang. So much fun with dinner and hanging out! Jennie loves Suzanne and we cant wait to get together again.

Took the back roads home, hit 5 breweries it was epic. We had a great weekend.

Oh and now I REALLY want a Creature....lol

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Hey Spencer,
    Thanks for the note.
    I can't speak for last night, but as of this morning only 4 machines out of the 150+ are off due to critical failure. That's insane and a huge testament to the bloody amazing techs and volunteer team. Sorry if more were off then you expected. Swing by today as 97% of the machines are functional.

yeah yeah. Hey it's the way it is but I took the wife over Friday night, wanting to play so we could maybe buy... Sega Jurassic Park, Adams Family, Tron, Creature, Monster bash, all off...... I had cash in hand to pay Jody for JP but it was off...

Regardless, we had a great time and will come back next year.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Chateau Louis, dump of epic proportions.

Edit:We did have a phone in the shitter! that has to be worth something??

#271 5 years ago

There was an unexpected power issue with the building, this happened during the Knockout Cancer Tournament. In order to turn off lights for Friday night those machines didn’t have the power to run them. We rerouted power and were able to get machines working on the Saturday morning. As for Creature it was available all weekend you just had to enter into tournament. We even opened the tournament machines to public once event was done to give people a chance to try the setups. Sorry you weren’t able to try those machines just bad timing.

Quoted from Spencer:

yeah yeah. Hey it's the way it is but I took the wife over Friday night, wanting to play so we could maybe buy... Sega Jurassic Park, Adams Family, Tron, Creature, Monster bash, all off...... I had cash in hand to pay Jody for JP but it was off...
    Regardless, we had a great time and will come back next year.

#272 5 years ago

IMG_6329 (resized).jpgIMG_6329 (resized).jpg

As the sun sets on YEGPIN 2018 we are so full of thanks we don't know how to express it all. Everyone. Thank you.
    We will have more so say after some rest. For now, we hope to see you all at Flipout (http://www.vancouverflipout.com) in September.

IMG_6303 (resized).JPGIMG_6303 (resized).JPG

PS ~ Congratulations to all of our winners today! Hats off! If you have photos from the event please post them here ....or if you are ok with us using them on the site please email them to [email protected] we honestly would love to see them.

Thanks and talk more soon!

#273 5 years ago

Great show guys

My room at the Chateau was really nice.
    Fully renovated,second floor.
    Freezing cold when I got in lol.
    Had to turn the heat on.

I guess it all depended on which room you got there.

#274 5 years ago

The Regina crew! See y'all next year!

20180506_163928 (resized).jpg20180506_163928 (resized).jpg

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

There was an unexpected power issue with the building, this happened during the Knockout Cancer Tournament. In order to turn off lights for Friday night those machines didn’t have the power to run them. We rerouted power and were able to get machines working on the Saturday morning. As for Creature it was available all weekend you just had to enter into tournament. We even opened the tournament machines to public once event was done to give people a chance to try the setups. Sorry you weren’t able to try those machines just bad timing.

Makes sense! We were able to play them at different times just seemed weird so many were off, but now I know why! Great job with everything else.

#276 5 years ago

DSC09884.JPGDSC09884.JPG

DSC09885.JPGDSC09885.JPG

DSC09886.JPGDSC09886.JPG

DSC09887.JPGDSC09887.JPG

DSC09917.JPGDSC09917.JPG

DSC09921.JPGDSC09921.JPG

DSC09925.JPGDSC09925.JPG

DSC09952.JPGDSC09952.JPG

DSC09955.JPGDSC09955.JPG

DSC09956.JPGDSC09956.JPG

DSC09958.JPGDSC09958.JPG

#277 5 years ago

Awesome event guys!!

Thanks a million for all your hard work and that of the volunteers. Thing runs like clockwork at this point, at least from an outsider's view.

My Highlights:

- Visiting with the motley collection of pinball fanatics from across Western Canada. This show is like a family reunion of regional pinheads.

- Playing all the new games that Tommy/Nitro hauled across BC to the event for us to play. First time on POTCJJP, Houdini, and Iron Freakin' Maiden. My god that Maiden game was awesome! Volume was cranked and every so often you would hear it from across the hall it and you would smile and feel joy.

- Having my TNA in the tournament bank and being played by some very high calibre players, including current IFPA #1 (and WCPC winner) Raymond Davidson.

- And of course, last but not least, seeing my name up in the rafters.

PanoHall (resized).JPGPanoHall (resized).JPG
    BannerHoist (resized).JPGBannerHoist (resized).JPG
    Bannersa (resized).JPGBannersa (resized).JPG

#278 5 years ago

My room was also in they newly renovated area as well and was great and stumbling distance to the event.
    We did our best to keep games going but sometimes we have to pick our battles with the timing of repairs.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

We did our best to keep games going but sometimes we have to pick our battles with the timing of repairs.

Absolutely this. I did a tech shift on Saturday and while the majority of the issues that crept up were typically pretty simple things, there were a couple games that needed a little more attention. If we focused on the really hard-to-fix things for too long, a handful of other games with super easy fixes would be sitting waiting for attention. Some of the games that were down over the course of the weekend were sometimes because something simple happened, but the key for the machine could not be located to get in to fix the problem.

Sometimes it was just a stuck ball, or a game needed to have credits added to it, while others were blown fuses or oddball issues like a broken E clip on a shooter rod where we would start sacrificing some parts from the down-and-out games to keep everything else running. The volunteer technicians that were on hand were awesome, and if you were working on something and another tech was passing by, they'd always stop and ask if they could help with anything. I even had help from a few blue-shirt volunteers on a number of issues! It was a great effort put forth by everyone to make sure the show ran smoothly and everybody was having fun!

#280 5 years ago

Wow what an amazing pinball and arcade community we have in our great city.

Thanks to all of the local support and out of town guests who attended the event over the weekend. All of the credit for the success of the show goes to wonderful volunteer team who work tirelessly to pull this huge showcase off.

Thanks to all of the sponsors who continue to support us and allow us to set up the show for success.

Thanks to the collector community for bring out their best stuff and for just one weekend to allow all of Edmonton to enjoy them. Maybe, just maybe we will have others in the city that will want to become hobbiests themselves.

Lastly, just want to thank all of the families including my own who sacrifice their time to allow all of us to do the things we are so passionate about. I know I certainly would not be able to run the show without the support from my family.

This is YEGPIN 2018 signing off, hope you enjoyed the event and that you tell all of your friends about it to make it even bigger and better next year!!!

Thanks again for everything and see you in 2019!!!!

#281 5 years ago

Derek,
    I’d say our best yet. We are learning and improving every year. Great event and thanks to all who helped make it happen.

#282 5 years ago

One idea for next year that I will forget when 2019 kicks off is possibly having a youth shirt option on the prebuy. I wouldn’t try and sell them at the show... but have a deadline before they are ordered so they could be included in the intital order. I know my boy wants a Pinball shirt as it’s all I wear.. and I would order some for my kids every year

#283 5 years ago

Thanks for a great show guys and even more thanks for your continued support of the grass roots kids program. My family had a blast and of course my 14 year old is totally jacked about winning 2nd in both the classics and Moderns on the women’s side. I gotta think she is “pins for life” now!!

40A5A784-7282-4AFB-AAAA-50A564BC92B6 (resized).jpeg40A5A784-7282-4AFB-AAAA-50A564BC92B6 (resized).jpeg

D4DC2C19-5BA7-4156-834A-C4141268268B (resized).jpegD4DC2C19-5BA7-4156-834A-C4141268268B (resized).jpeg

#284 5 years ago

Awesome Darren
    I was to busy to follow the tourneys
    But great to hear about it... go kids go

#285 5 years ago

Great show of EM's I counted at least 10 of them. Always glad when I see the older pins. Players too.

Now if you could get a woodrail or bingo in there for next year.

#286 5 years ago

It was an awesome event. Buddy I went up with was the one that won the Ms. Pac tourney. Just wish more of the arcade games were set to free play.

#287 5 years ago

Our techs did to, the pins are much easier to setup in that fashion but hopefully we can work with our arcade donors to make the process easier cause add credits to those machines is a pain. Glad you enjoyed the show it was nice to have double the amount of arcades that we did in previous years.

Quoted from blowback1976:

It was an awesome event. Buddy I went up with was the one that won the Ms. Pac tourney. Just wish more of the arcade games were set to free play.

#288 5 years ago

Doing things a little differently this year, rather than 1 big video for the entire YEGPIN 2018 event, we'll be doing smaller short style bits over the next few months mixed amongst our regular content. Heres a short little teaser from the footage we captured for YEGPIN 2018.

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Doing things a little differently this year, rather than 1 big video for the entire YEGPIN 2018 event, we'll be doing smaller short style bits over the next few months mixed amongst our regular content. Heres a short little teaser from the footage we captured for YEGPIN 2018. » YouTube video

The Ecstasy of Gold. Nice choice.

#290 5 years ago

Looking forward to more!

#291 5 years ago

What was the top cash payout for the tourney?! Just trying to justify that my money was in fact better spent on the cash bar or if i need to be focusing on tourney entries a lil more next year!

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What was the top cash payout for the tourney?! Just trying to justify that my money was in fact better spent on the cash bar or if i need to be focusing on tourney entries a lil more next year!

1st $1500, 2nd $1000, 3rd $750, 4th $500, 5-8 $200, 8-16 $100

There was also cash for B division and novice

Classics was $750, $500, $375

#293 5 years ago

All of our payouts are guaranteed for YEGPIN. What is posted on the site is what we payout regardless of the $$$ collected. Each year we review the $$ collected from the tournaments and we will adjust the payouts for the next year accordingly. The more $$$ that are contributed to the tournament, the higher the prize money is offered. The tournaments have been subsidized every year by partner sponsorships so YEGPIN has consistently paid out more in cash and prizes more than it collects for the tournament.

http://www.yegpin.com/pinball-tournament/

http://www.yegpin.com/classics-pinball-tournament/

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

#294 5 years ago

Dethatching the lawn and rototilling my garden today. I can't even use my charcoal grill cause of the fricking fire ban. To top it off, I have to PVR (and possibly have to sit through) the Royal Wedding. Geez, I wish it was May 4 weekend (YegPin) again!

Maybe it's time for a pinball break!

#295 5 years ago

Yikes, sounds horrible. Beer is your friend this weekend, that and the power went out hunny, sorry, it didn't record your show.

#296 5 years ago

lol poor klr650 I'm glad I am working don't have to watch that crap.

1 week later
    #297 5 years ago

I am sorry to have missed this show... I didn't realize Edmonton had such a vibrant community!

I will be in Edmonton starting this Friday for a week, pardon me hi-jacking this thread, but could someone suggest locations to play pinball (Edmonton doesn't appear to be on the pinball map)?

Thanks and will look forward to the show next year !

#298 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

I am sorry to have missed this show... I didn't realize Edmonton had such a vibrant community!
    I will be in Edmonton starting this Friday for a week, pardon me hi-jacking this thread, but could someone suggest locations to play pinball (Edmonton doesn't appear to be on the pinball map)?

Luckys lounge in the yellowhead inn(yellowhead and 149th street) has the best selection/quality of games. Second is denizen hall and 3rd is beercade(lots of arcade games)

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballOsp:

Bump up your trip one day and come see our league night tomorrow at Lucky’s . 7pm start

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from RumRunner9:

Bump up your trip one day and come see our league night tomorrow at Lucky’s . 7pm start

He is welcome to play for me!

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2018-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-4-6-2018/page/6?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.