Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D4DC2C19-5BA7-4156-834A-C4141268268B (resized).jpeg
    40A5A784-7282-4AFB-AAAA-50A564BC92B6 (resized).jpeg
    PanoHall (resized).JPG
    Bannersa (resized).JPG
    BannerHoist (resized).JPG
    DSC09958.JPG
    DSC09956.JPG
    DSC09955.JPG
    DSC09952.JPG
    DSC09925.JPG
    DSC09921.JPG
    DSC09917.JPG
    DSC09887.JPG
    DSC09886.JPG
    DSC09885.JPG
    DSC09884.JPG
    There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 6 years ago

Good thing your not buying tickets for Pinburgh you would be **** out of luck lol...

Quoted from jesperpark:

I buy my VIP pass the same as my RRSPs...last minute

#152 6 years ago

Just to confirm, for anyone signed up to bring one or more games to YegPin, there is no further action required to secure their VIP pass at this time? Yes, I'm a little paranoid...

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just curious what pinball machines will be for sale/possibly for sale at YEGPIN this year....

I didn't want to post it until I'm back in Edmonton in a couple weeks, but my Star Trek LE, Game Of Thrones Premium and most likely my Tales Of The Arabian Nights are going to be up for sale before/during/after yegpin. A lot of it depends on when my TNA and (lol) Alien LE show up, but if someone made me the right offer, I would sell beforehand.

#154 6 years ago

What rewards can I get?

Bring a game, win a game reward program (Yes, you read that correctly, for bringing a machine to YEGPIN you get a chance to win a pinball and/or an arcade machine for your collection). For every pinball machine or arcade machine that you contribute to the 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo you will get a chance to win a restored pinball machine (valued over $3000) or a restored Arcade Machine (valued over $1000). Additionally there will be three extra draws specifically for donors (worth approx $250 each). In total YEGPIN is providing over $5000 in draws to donors who contribute to our show.

YEGPIN Donor Weekend Pass

(1) Full event weekend access
    (1) All Access ‘Limited Edition’ VIP donor pass (Only available to Donors)
    (1) YEGPIN official customized lanyard
    (1) 1 hour early entry on Friday – Sunday during the event (including tournaments) **NEW**
    (1) Free YEGPIN pancake breakfast (9:00AM – 11:00AM) on Saturday morning **NEW**
    (1) Priority line for accessing tickets and wait lines for entry into event.
    (1) Entry into the exclusive Friday night Nitro Pinball – VIP Party (Only available to VIPs)
    (1) VIP party will have many other food items, drink specials and goodies we will keep secret until the event!
    (1) Entry into the public event on Saturday night. “YEGPIN After Dark” Retro Arcade Party **New**
    (1) Discounted entry fee ($5 off) into Alberta Aviation Museum
    (1) For every machine you bring an entry for a refurbished pinball or arcade machine and three special donor draws (we transport) or (2) entries for a refurbished pinball or arcade machine (you transport) and three special donor draws.

Quoted from Fytr:

Just to confirm, for anyone signed up to bring one or more games to YegPin, there is no further action required to secure their VIP pass at this time? Yes, I'm a little paranoid...

#155 6 years ago

U had me at pancake! Damn, might need to haul a pin up!

#156 6 years ago

Ya something new this year, we thought we would try. Based on feedback we will see if it continues as a tradition of the event.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

U had me at pancake! Damn, might need to haul a pin up!

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya something new this year, we thought we would try. Based on feedback we will see if it continues as a tradition of the event.

I think it is a great idea.... nothing helps a hangover like pancakes and more beer!

#158 6 years ago

Is there a list of venders to be in attendence?
    Also is there usually machines for sale at market value?

#159 6 years ago

Vendors: http://www.yegpin.com/vendors-2/

Machine for Sale: NIB: Pinballs - Nitro, NIB Arcades: Retro Active Arcade, Big J Arcade

Used Machines at the Event: Donors will have cards on their pinball and arcade machines on whether or not their machines are for sale/trade. There are a ton of trades that happen at the event but there some sales that happen too.

We no longer add these to the site as donors tend to be last minute or change their minds on whether or not their stuff is going to be for sale. But by all means any donors can use this thread to promote your machines at the event if that will be for sale.

Quoted from yellowghost:

Is there a list of venders to be in attendence?
    Also is there usually machines for sale at market value?

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Vendors: http://www.yegpin.com/vendors-2/
    Machine for Sale: NIB: Pinballs - Nitro, NIB Arcades: Retro Active Arcade, Big J Arcade
    Used Machines at the Event: Donors will have cards on their pinball and arcade machines on whether or not their machines are for sale/trade. There are a ton of trades that happen at the event but there some sales that happen too.
    We no longer add these to the site as donors tend to be last minute or change their minds on whether or not their stuff is going to be for sale. But by all means any donors can use this thread to promote your machines at the event if that will be for sale.

No comet or cointaker ..colordmd..etc etc? Hopefully because its still too early to predict?

#161 6 years ago

If you look at Nitro Pinball site they carry a whole bunch of products from a number of different companies if you want something brought in for the show they will probably have it. YEGPIN is not a full on industry show like is seen at something like Chicago Expo. We choose to fill our space with pinball and arcade machines then with a whole bunch of vendors. There is another pinball show on the same weekend called Allentown that is setup on this fashion with many vendors who come and participate if that is what you are into. Our show has a much different vibe, with a large Pinball and Arcade free play area, pinball and arcade competitions, a couple of awesome pinball parties and a few select vendors who sell a wide range of machines and parts. I can tell you that our vendor booths rival any show out there as Nitro will have around 15 new pinball machines and a ton of pinball parts and accessories on hand. Retro Active will have 10 arcade machines on display and Big J Arcade will have four of their best arcade products there. We also have a number of silent auction items to bid on last year totalled over $5000 worth of pinball, arcade and other goods so if you are into buying stuff there will be plenty of options for you. Hope that clarifies.

#162 6 years ago

Hey Tommy @nitro, will you have any specials on color dmd's at the show? I think I need to get a few.

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Hey Tommy nitro, will you have any specials on color dmd's at the show? I think I need to get a few.

+1

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Hey Tommy nitro, will you have any specials on color dmd's at the show? I think I need to get a few.

We certainly will! Specials on many other items as well.

#165 6 years ago

Hope Nitro brings a good selection of coloured Williams leg sets these year. Blue , black and chrome would be awesome. Can’t wait to get there Friday before everything gets picked over. Everything flys out of there like hot cakes. Keep up the awesome work Tommy

1 week later
    #166 6 years ago

Man quiet in here, my Lord of the Rings will be at YEGPIN and will be for sale only at show and doubt will return back to my house at the end of the show. Colour DMD, Pinsound Board, Topper and fully modded. Will only take interest at YEGPIN so you better go if you want it.

#167 6 years ago

ya super quite....... we are only 46 days away!!! time to get hyped.... well MORE HYPED!!!!

1 week later
    #168 6 years ago

Any list posted on here as to what pins will be there? My facebook is blocked so I cannot see it from there.

#169 6 years ago

On the website. Yegpin.com open the menu then select games then either pinball machines or arcades

#170 6 years ago

If you're looking for iron maiden on there it's probably too soon. That would be pretty rad though.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

On the website. Yegpin.com open the menu then select games then either pinball machines or arcades

Ironically my IT section here blocks it when I try and go in. So unless they post here I will never know. But keep posting those pins for sale here, but more EM's. You northern friends are OK in my book.

#172 6 years ago

F0C3CA55-82B5-430F-8180-72CE49403B79 (resized).pngF0C3CA55-82B5-430F-8180-72CE49403B79 (resized).png

B135598E-439A-4F8A-8C41-8021F73C30E7 (resized).pngB135598E-439A-4F8A-8C41-8021F73C30E7 (resized).png

D5ABFD3D-6FC3-47DC-BEF4-8BD149D80DEC (resized).pngD5ABFD3D-6FC3-47DC-BEF4-8BD149D80DEC (resized).png

4AE3E926-5DC2-4B2C-8A5E-F9BB4230A89B (resized).png4AE3E926-5DC2-4B2C-8A5E-F9BB4230A89B (resized).png

#173 6 years ago

80D40E0D-DCE1-4032-A906-8E408C3B9667 (resized).png80D40E0D-DCE1-4032-A906-8E408C3B9667 (resized).png

9AEC2B15-931B-4960-9902-D5DCED3925EF (resized).png9AEC2B15-931B-4960-9902-D5DCED3925EF (resized).png

EE4550C1-75F1-4CC6-BB92-66CAA66660E5 (resized).pngEE4550C1-75F1-4CC6-BB92-66CAA66660E5 (resized).png

E7A727AE-CC42-4C62-BAD2-C460BDB791BC (resized).pngE7A727AE-CC42-4C62-BAD2-C460BDB791BC (resized).png

#174 6 years ago

352F4F49-B5C1-4DCA-8EE1-2ABE762F91E8 (resized).png352F4F49-B5C1-4DCA-8EE1-2ABE762F91E8 (resized).png

E7B90048-C907-4787-8936-D666E7F99F5F (resized).pngE7B90048-C907-4787-8936-D666E7F99F5F (resized).png

#175 6 years ago

For those of you that have contacted us about Iron Maiden being at the show, I am sure that if Nitro gets one in time that they are committed to bring it to the show. It really depends on the ship schedule from Stern. With the dates of this show, it seems there is always machine announcement just before it, so we are definitely hoping one will be there to show off but we are not committing to it at this point. When I know you will know

#176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Any list posted on here as to what pins will be there? My facebook is blocked so I cannot see it from there.

That’s what’s announced so far. As a trend I’ve noticed tons of machines are donated late, as in close to the show as people haven’t committed quite yet, so be assured there will be more then that plus lots more tourney machines yet to be announced. Also a list of close to 40 or 50 arcades that will be there as well. I hope that helps.
    Cheers

#177 6 years ago

Great list of games so far! And can only get better. Anyone dressing up for the retro party?

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead306:

Great list of games so far! And can only get better. Anyone dressing up for the retro party?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#179 6 years ago

Why only 3 pins for the classics tournament this year?

Edit: Nevermind, it was just those screenshots, LOTR and Harlem Globetrotters are also in the two competitions as per the site

#180 6 years ago

Pinhead306

8:37am and only 12% battery left??? Time for a new one

#181 6 years ago

Nice to see Paragon in the tourney again!

BTW, if someone has an old blown-out sun-bleached Paragon they would like to sell, send me a PM! It's almost warm enough to start thinking about my next restore project.

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Why only 3 pins for the classics tournament this year?
    Edit: Nevermind, it was just those screenshots, LOTR and Harlem Globetrotters are also in the two competitions as per the site

Where do you see this? I only see the 3 games for classics, with the tournament page indicating there will be 7 games in total.

When will the rest of the tournament games be announced?

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Where do you see this? I only see the 3 games for classics, with the tournament page indicating there will be 7 games in total.
    When will the rest of the tournament games be announced?

Strange, I'm just going to https://www.yegpin.com/pinball-machines/
    That's weird if it's not showing us the same thing

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Strange, I'm just going to https://www.yegpin.com/pinball-machines/
    That's weird if it's not showing us the same thing

Ok now I see 4 in classics. So 3 more yet to unveil I guess.

On a sad note we are 5 weeks away from Yegpin, a weekend that was possibly the hottest of the year the last couple years with +30 temps, and it’s going to be -18c here this weekend.

#185 6 years ago

Just booked the Presidential room. In case anyone needs to crash, we have extra room!

#186 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Just booked the Presidential room. In case anyone needs to crash, we have extra room!

Dam why did we book a room.

#187 6 years ago

Whoever owns the mousing around from the tournament, any interest in selling it?

1 week later
    #188 6 years ago

Final official posters for the event, all of our sponsors are now locked up for the year. It takes a lot of sponsorship support to put on an event like this and we are grateful for all of the contributions from the sponsors below. Thanks for all of the donations, goods and services you have provided to our show to make it one of the best shows in Canada. We as the pinball and arcade enthusiasts will continue to support the organizations that help keep Pinball and Arcade alive in our great community.

http://www.yegpin.com/sponsors/

Partner Sponsors:
    Nitro Pinball
    Retro Active Arcade

Participating Sponsor:
    Big J Arcade

Gold Level Sponsors:
    Absolute Pinball
    Alberta Aviation Museum
    Arcade Video
    Hughes Petroleum
    Print and Platen

Silver Sponsors:
    Altitude Amusements
    Ball Baron
    Beercade
    Deford Contracting
    DLM Distributors
    Excel Insurance Group
    Jay Richardson Pinball
    Kobra Amusements
    Wizards Comics and Collectibles

Bronze Sponsors:
    Denizen Hall
    Pinforge.com
    Spooky Pinball
    Tilt Hammer

Supporting Team:
    Comet Pinball
    EXIT Edmonton
    Pinstadium Pinball Lights
    Playfield Protectors
    Titan Pinball

Yegpin2018-11x17-Poster_edits (resized).pngYegpin2018-11x17-Poster_edits (resized).png

YEGPIN - 8_5x11 Poster (resized).jpgYEGPIN - 8_5x11 Poster (resized).jpg

#189 6 years ago

Anybody like pinball tournaments? Giving money to a wonderful cause? Then we have an event for you at YEGPIN, the first ever Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament presented by Retro Active Arcade.

When: Friday May 4, 2018
    Time: 6:00PM - 9:30PM
    Registration: 11:00AM - 5:00PM at the tournament desk, no pre-registration available first come first served.
    Max Participants: 80 (come early to register)
    Format: 3 Strike Tournament, IFPA sanctioned
    Entry Fee: $20

All proceeds will be given to the Alberta Cancer Foundation, DHPL/Retro Active Arcade will match all entry fees (up to $1500).

Come on out and support a great cause.

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Anybody like pinball tournaments? Giving money to a wonderful cause? Then we have an event for you at YEGPIN, the first ever Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament presented by Retro Active Arcade.
    When: Friday May 4, 2018
    Time: 6:00PM - 9:30PM
    Registration: 11:00AM - 5:00PM at the tournament desk, no pre-registration available first come first served.
    Max Participants: 80 (come early to register)
    Format: 3 Strike Tournament, IFPA sanctioned
    Entry Fee: $20
    All proceeds will be given to the Alberta Cancer Foundation, YEGPIN/Retro Active Arcade will match all entry fees (up to $1500).
    Come on out and support a great cause.

I’m in! Great idea guys. Great cause. Can’t wait. Like 23 days. Getting super excited.
    Cheers

#191 6 years ago

I know this is a pinball forum, but this is going to be so cool. Ever play Ms. PacMan? Well, we have a head to head challenge to see who is the best player in town!!! YEGPIN and PinForge.com present the first ever Ms. PacMan tournament.

http://www.yegpin.com/head-to-head-ms-pacman-tournament/

When: Saturday May 5, 2018
    Time: 12:00PM - till it ends
    Registration: 11:00AM - 9:30PM Friday, 9:00AM - 11:30AM on Saturday at the tournament desk, no pre-registration available first come first served.
    Max Participants: 64 (come early to register)
    Format: Double Knockout, IFPA sanctioned
    Entry Fee: $5

#192 6 years ago

Strange question. I heard that the stern iron maiden release parties are the same weekend. Is there any word on any iron maidens being at yegpin?

#193 6 years ago

I sure hope so.

#194 6 years ago

I would say there is a chance thou nothing is confirmed yet.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

Strange question. I heard that the stern iron maiden release parties are the same weekend. Is there any word on any iron maidens being at yegpin?

#195 6 years ago

Well I sure hope sure. Because I missing the one at pokeys cafe.

#196 6 years ago

Should have gone to the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend, they had 30 Iron Maidens there. Insane!

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Should have gone to the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend, they had 30 Iron Maidens there. Insane!

Wow that is Crazy. That’s along drive tho. But still never heard about that.

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

There’s still time!

Any good streams of the show?

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

#200 6 years ago

Lots of excitement for this game, I'm personally excited to finally see (what appears to be) sweepable drop targets! We haven't seen those for awhile...
    Unfortunately, I'm currently in an Iron Maiden blackout. I really got sick of seeing 40+ threads all chirping about the same thing and I got a little bit "drain-happy." I should have kept at least one un-drained, but it was like playing "Maiden-thread-whack-a-mole" there for awhile.

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2018-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-4-6-2018/page/4?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.