Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yegpin
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D4DC2C19-5BA7-4156-834A-C4141268268B (resized).jpeg
    40A5A784-7282-4AFB-AAAA-50A564BC92B6 (resized).jpeg
    PanoHall (resized).JPG
    Bannersa (resized).JPG
    BannerHoist (resized).JPG
    DSC09958.JPG
    DSC09956.JPG
    DSC09955.JPG
    DSC09952.JPG
    DSC09925.JPG
    DSC09921.JPG
    DSC09917.JPG
    DSC09887.JPG
    DSC09886.JPG
    DSC09885.JPG
    DSC09884.JPG

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

One of the more common custom messages our group has on their machines

That's a great idea. I'll setup some custom messages on our location games to promote YegPin.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

That's a great idea. I'll setup some custom messages on our location games to promote YegPin.

Thats way better then you suck Dan

#103 6 years ago

Ha, that is awesome thanks for the excitement!!! Way better than the custom messages Bill puts on our DHPL league machines...

DRT+RVJ, Jay is Gay and such lol...

Quoted from Boat:

One of the more common custom messages our group has on their machines

#104 6 years ago

Second VIP pass bought, looking at Chateau Louis, is there a show promo code?

Thanks

#105 6 years ago

Wish I was closer. Flying out to Edmonton can be pricey.

You guys are all lucky.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Second VIP pass bought, looking at Chateau Louis, is there a show promo code?
    Thanks

http://www.yegpin.com/accommodations/

#107 6 years ago

Yep best to use Air Miles or points normally a $600 trip for some reason cheaper for me to fly to Pittsburgh pretty sad. The show is definitely worth the trip!!!

Quoted from Meegis:

Wish I was closer. Flying out to Edmonton can be pricey.
    You guys are all lucky.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Yep best to use Air Miles or points normally a $600 trip for some reason cheaper for me to fly to Pittsburgh pretty sad. The show is definitely worth the trip!!!

I'll be headed to VFW. Same weekend, driveable and unique.

One of these days I'll make it out west

#109 6 years ago

Well it is damn cold and nothing better to do today so lets do another YEGPIN - 2018 Edmonton pinball and Arcade Expo update.

Did you know you only have around 27 days left to get you VIP passes for the event. Yep after than we no longer sell them. The VIP pass allows you to get into one of our marquee events the 18+ VIP Party which is presented by Nitro Pinball.

So for those who don't have you passes yet what is the big deal about the VIP party? Well the VIP party is a celebration for those who support the show, VIP's, Donors, Volunteers and our Partner and Participating sponsors. It is an opportunity to thank all of those people who support the show and give back to our pinball and arcade community. There is a nice meal served at 10:00pm for those whom need that late night snack. There are a number of prize giveaways, for example there are 5 draws specially for the VIP ticket holders worth over $50 each, 5 for volunteers, and or course our grand prize draws: 1 draw for a pinball machine, 1 draw for an arcade machine and 3 other draws worth $250 for donors.

Once those formalities are over YEGPIN throws an awesome pinball and arcade party, where all drinks are on special, the lights go down, the music is pumping and you get three hours of play on your favorite pinball and arcade machines. It is really one of the best events YEGPIN put on all weekend.

Unfortunately the only way you get into this exclusive party is to buy a VIP ticket, donate a pinball or arcade machine, or volunteer more than 8 hours to the show.

There are tickets still on sale but they are limited to the first 125 people that purchase them or until Mar. 1, 2018. After that the opportunity is lost and you have to wait till next year.

There are also weekend passes available for pre-order that pass will get you into the 18+ Saturday night YEGPIN - After Dark, retro pinball party, and if you buy before Mar. 1, 2018 you also get a bonus pre-order bonus of 5 tournament tickets.

Hope you see you all at the event.

http://www.yegpin.com/shop/2018-yegpin-vip-pass/

#110 6 years ago

Flights are down to $475 for your Easterners not a bad deal!!!!

Quoted from Meegis:

I'll be headed to VFW. Same weekend, driveable and unique.
    One of these days I'll make it out west

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Flights are down to $475 for your Easterners not a bad deal!!!!

Still a $1000 weekend, no matter how you slice it

#112 6 years ago

Yep it is like that for any type of event you have to travel too, unless you have friends you can stay at or can drive to the event to save you a few dollars. If you win any of our tournaments then your entire trip could be free.

Quoted from Meegis:

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

It will cost more then that. Well for me it will and I'm only 4 hrs away. Still it's a sweet show worth every penny.

#114 6 years ago

sure can't wait til May!!

#115 6 years ago

Another big machine update looks like donors really want these prizes this year. Keep them coming let’s pack this place!!!!

www.yegpin.com

#116 6 years ago

Whaaat GoT pro was removed??

#117 6 years ago

I know I was sad to when it got taken out of Lucky's Lounge, hopefully we get someone who is kind enough to bring one to the show!!!

Quoted from Boat:

Whaaat GoT pro was removed??

#118 6 years ago

Sooooooo who’s bringing the wine?

#120 6 years ago

Alrighty the weekend is here again, let's do another YEGPIN - 2018 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo update. Did you know we are running five different pinball (three IFPA sanctioned) and arcade tournaments over the weekend? Did you know are also giving away over $10,000 in cash in prizes for these events? Are we crazy? Have we completely lost our minds? Nope we want to grow competitive pinball and arcade in our community and that is what we aim to do. The following tournaments and schedules are listed on our website.

Let's talk about the crown jewel of the event the Nitro Pinball - Western Canadian Pinball Championships (WCPC). There are going to be a few changes this year to the event.

1. If you qualify in A, you get paid, we have prizing for the top 24 places now.
    2. If you qualify for B division there are 3 significant cash prizes now
    3. Top 3 places in Novice and the next best 3 places in Women's will receive prizes.
    4. Tickets are interchangeable from WCPC or classics tournament so no wasting entries.
    5. A tournament desk is dedicated for all tournaments to pay for entry fees or to reload your entries for WCPC or Classics tournaments

So really if you are somewhere in the top 40 in the WCPC (of course restrictions will apply, you will receive some sort of prizing for our event). We want maximum participation it is the only tournament Edmonton puts on that is all ages and for all skill levels.

So lots of people will be playing in the playoff rounds on Sunday will be super fun. As well there will be live streaming of the event on Friday, Saturday and all of Sunday for the playoff rounds.

How about some arcade action there is the PinForge.com Mrs. Pac-Man tournament, our first time running an arcade tournament so this should be fun. A head to head battle single elimination battle with the fiercest 64 competitors, think of March Madness this is what this tournament is going to be like!!!

You interested in supporting a charity, we have the Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament sponsored by Retro Active Arcade, all proceeds from this tournament will go to the Alberta Cancer Foundation, its going to be a great opportunity for us in the pinball community to give back and support a great cause.

Do you like old school pinball, well the Classics Pinball tournament might be your style, we are going to have 7 of our best classics machines out there to test your wits and patience. We have Main, Novice and Women's prizing for tournament as well.

Lastly, we have our Little Flippin Tournament, always a treat watching our up and coming players under 13 try to compete for some great prizes on each day of the event. Come and bring your kids out, they get in free and can win some awesome prizes!!!

Well that is all come visit our website for more information on all of these great events, going to be a blast, and remember if you are thinking about participating in the WCPC or Classic tournaments a VIP pass is really the best way to go as the package jammed packed with value. Ticket sales end on March 1, 2018 for this pass so don't miss out.

http://www.yegpin.com/

#121 6 years ago

Good call on interchangeable tickets!

#122 6 years ago

Yes, hopefully less lost entries. We even threw in a $50 option for the big spenders. I am sure there will be a few takers .

Quoted from aeonblack:

Good call on interchangeable tickets!

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes, hopefully less lost entries. We even threw in a $50 option for the big spenders. I am sure there will be a few takers .

Might as well just admit to yourself from the start that you're in for that anyway. With luck, because you already spent the $$$, you'll qualify on your first try.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

with my skill i might be buying more than one of those

#125 6 years ago

80 days 'til YEGPIN!!!

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

80 days 'til YEGPIN!!!

Weird that's the exact amount of days until all the snow melts around here

1 week later
    #127 6 years ago

I was just wondering what the feasibility of a pinball raffle at an event like this? Do they ever have machine raffles at big events down in the states? I know I would be in for 100-200 worth of tickets.

#128 6 years ago

We would love do pinball raffles and yes we have looked into them, unfortunately AGLC has ruled that our organization is not eligible for such draws for our non-profit society. It is on of the main reason we do a silent auction. It is unfortunate as we believe it helps with the fundraising for the event to keep it sustainable. Luckily we have great corporate sponsorship, awesome attendance and great support with the purchase of silent auction items and merchandise to help balance out the books.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

I was just wondering what the feasibility of a pinball raffle at an event like this? Do they ever have machine raffles at big events down in the states? I know I would be in for 100-200 worth of tickets.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We would love do pinball raffles and yes we have looked into them, unfortunately AGLC has ruled that our organization is not eligible for such draws for our non-profit society. It is on of the main reason we do a silent auction. It is unfortunate as we believe it helps with the fundraising for the event to keep it sustainable. Luckily we have great corporate sponsorship, awesome attendance and great support with the purchase of silent auction items and merchandise to help balance out the books.

Thanks for the quick response.
    That's too bad dang government always wants a cut or rains on the parade. Don't get me wrong I really like the silent auction you guys have great stuff in there all weekend. Would be pretty cool to have a shot at a nib machine or see someone win one. I figured you guys had probably already looked into it. Either way I'm super pumped to be able to attend this event. Keep up the good work guys.

#130 6 years ago

So are we selling some shirts and posters at the event this year? Many, many questions on this.

After a number of art drafts, deliberations and discussions we have finally added the official YEGPIN shirt and YEGPIN poster to the website for sale. As always both of these merchandise items will be sold in limited quantities and for shirt there will be limited sizes so don't miss out for your chance to get one of these awesome items.

The posters are signed and numbered posters by Brian Holderman and the shirt designs are very limited in quantities and sizes.
    A link to our online store is below there will be limited quantities available at the show for each of these products. If you have a VIP pass then these items will be put into your package at the event, if not then you simply pick these up at the show. Shipping is also available for those who cannot make the show and would like either of these awesome items. Thanks again for supporting our show it is going to be the best YEGPIN ever!!!!!

http://www.yegpin.com/product-category/all_items/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#131 6 years ago

Order is in. They look awesome!

#132 6 years ago

THEY look fantastic... might even buy two this year.. I might year it a lot !!

#133 6 years ago

very nice shirt. I will get one sent to TO.

#134 6 years ago

It's got a funky collar, I like it!

#135 6 years ago

when i try to order a shirt, it seems my options are forced between Pickup at Yegpin (free), and Rest of World ($50).

I've updated my shipping address, entered my postal code, etc, and then it defaults back to Pickup at Yegpin.

Are there shipping options other than than Rest of World? I've tried 2 different browsers. thanks.

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

when i try to order a shirt, it seems my options are forced between Pickup at Yegpin (free), and Rest of World ($50).
    I've updated my shipping address, entered my postal code, etc, and then it defaults back to Pickup at Yegpin.
    Are there shipping options other othan than Rest of World? I've tried 2 different browsers. thanks.

That's weird it was 15$ for me. But I did pick up at Yegpin.

#137 6 years ago

Maybe that is our way in trying to get you out to our show one of these years, lol... I will have our IT team look into this, sorry for the issues.

Quoted from frolic:

Are there shipping options other than than Rest of World? I've tried 2 different browsers. thanks.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Maybe that is our way in trying to get you out to our show one of these years, lol... I will have our IT team look into this, sorry for the issues.

Our bad! Flat rate shipping to Canada is now in effect thanks to these handy Canada Post boxes. Posters we have to package differently as they are limited edition silk screened prints. These aren't Staples ink jet stuff. So the cost for shipping is higher. Thanks for the support and notice on that one frolic we would love to have you out one year. If not hope to see you at Flipout again sometime!

-The "IT" Team

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

That's weird it was 15$ for me. But I did pick up at Yegpin.

Did it charge you shipping for picking up at YEGPIN? Maybe I am reading this wrong. If that's true let me know ASAP.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's got a funky collar, I like it!

lol, the collar will be standard We are aiming for ANVIL or better quality mid-weight shirts again this year. If you are not already a volunteer now is the time. Not only will you get in on the first meeting, but we are cooking up something cool for the volunteer tee this year.

#141 6 years ago

AirBNB is an option for out of town guests looking for something less expensive. We appreciate everyone coming in from out of town. It means a lot to us that everyone enjoys and supports what we are doing. We are so grateful for all yall!

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Did it charge you shipping for picking up at YEGPIN? Maybe I am reading this wrong. If that's true let me know ASAP.

No just gave me the option

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

frolic we would love to have you out one year. If not hope to see you at Flipout again sometime!

I look forward to someday selecting "Will pick up at Yegpin"

Considering a return to flipout this year. We shall see.

#144 6 years ago

Check out our new event poster for this year. If you want a copy of it to spread the word of this awesome show send your request to [email protected].

YEGPIN_2018 (resized).pngYEGPIN_2018 (resized).png

#145 6 years ago

Just curious what pinball machines will be for sale/possibly for sale at YEGPIN this year....

#146 6 years ago

Anything left in my collection (except for King Pin, and Asteroid Annie) will be up for sale as I have my eyes on an Alice Cooper.

#147 6 years ago

Right on @puck....I wouldn't mind adding another pin to the collection. Just trying to see what will/might be for sale

#148 6 years ago

alright, Bombs Away. Yegpin shirt ordered for Toronto. I will represent at our league nights .

#149 6 years ago

Been processing a ton of registrations over the past week, thank you so much for all your support of the show, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end.

Tomorrow will be the final day to get VIP passes we will be putting these tickets offline on March 1st at 10:00PM MST.

Please note pre-sale weekend passes, show shirts and posters will remain available for purchase up to the May 1, 2018.

Thanks again for all those have purchased your VIP tickets we got some great stuff in store for you!!!

http://www.yegpin.com/product-category/all_items/

#150 6 years ago

I buy my VIP pass the same as my RRSPs...last minute

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2018-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-may-4-6-2018/page/3?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.