Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Cloud7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

http://www.channel3000.com/news/7-wisconsin-cities-among-the-nations-ten-drunkest/514797940

I am not sure if I am supposed to be proud or not?
    I mean... we sure know how to have a good time... but it is the only state I have lived in where DUIs appear to be like a right of passage.

#2 6 years ago

WTF else to do in Wisconsin?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

but it is the only state I have lived in where DUIs appear to be like a right of passage.

Dunno about the rest of NY but Long Island is like that too. Plus we prefer to drive drunk with our kids in our cars, so much so that an NYS law was enacted against it, yet *every*single*day* I read of someone in the newspaper arrested for DUI with minors in the car.

#4 6 years ago

I'm shocked that Milwaukee is all the way down at number 20!

#5 6 years ago

^^^^

#6 6 years ago

Wisconsin: where the cars are on blocks and the houses are on wheels.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from bane:

Wisconsin: where the cars are on blocks and the houses are on wheels.

I think you must not be familiar with wi...

Very few cars on blocks or homes on wheels in wi. Just because we like to have a good time doesnt mean we don't have our shit together.

#8 6 years ago

Sconies

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

but it is the only state I have lived in where DUIs appear to be like a right of passage.

Am I the only one that sees people on bicycles and thinks DUI?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

Am I the only one that sees people on bicycles and thinks DUI?

When the rider looks like a stereotypical mill rat, and/or it's wintertime, I always think "DUIs suck, huh?"

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Dunno about the rest of NY but Long Island is like that too. Plus we prefer to drive drunk with our kids in our cars, so much so that an NYS law was enacted against it, yet *every*single*day* I read of someone in the newspaper arrested for DUI with minors in the car.

Probably has a lot to do with the killing yourself to live high taxes here......moving to SW Florida gods waiting room in a few months, lived 53 years NY had enough but will certainly miss the Pizza lol

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

Probably has a lot to do with the killing yourself to live high taxes here......moving to SW Florida gods waiting room in a few months, lived 53 years NY had enough but will certainly miss the Pizza lol

Hey there Mike. We just bought our first house and I can't believe how much the taxes, closing costs, etc etc were. Shoulda just kept renting but then I'd never have a game room. I'd love to get out of NY, I could work from home anywhere, but my girl has is a nurse in Queens and would take a big pay cut anywhere else. BTW your Eight Ball Deluxe was gorgeous!

#13 6 years ago

Taxes are pretty high in Wisconsin as well , among the top 10 in U.S. The beer made here is really great though, some of the best in the world ( I am speaking of the smaller craft breweries here) . So we've got that going for us . I do think the law on DUIs here should be harsher, especially for repeat offenders .

#14 6 years ago

It's not a goddamn question mark it's an exclamation point Hilton.
    Yeah Wisconsin!

#15 6 years ago

Who's coming down for the Indy 500? C'mon now Partytime.

1 month later
    #16 6 years ago

Milwaukee brohammers....
    Heavy metals newest and baddest are coming to yo town on the 28th. If you dig Priest, Mercyful Fate, really any of that razor sharp 80's NWOBHM stuff...do not sleep on SACRED LEATHER!
    Indiana boy Dustin (Skeletonwitch battery) on some jaw droppin vox. Check it out!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213620017162900&id=1477714007&set=gm.716249738572254&source=44&ref=content_filter

#17 6 years ago

Sacred Leathers 1st video "Prowling Sinner".

#18 6 years ago

I have lived here 10 years. The property taxes are HORRIBLE. I tell people all the time that live here and they just give me a weird look or tell me that you need high property taxes for whatever reason (whatever reason makes sense to them.) The property taxes on our home (2,000 sq. ft.) are about 3x higher than they were in Arizona and at least 2x higher than where I grew up in MN.

And yes, people love to drink here - a lot.

2 months later
    #19 6 years ago

People here do love to drink! And, the property taxes are horrendous!! We even moved out of Milwaukee county they were so bad! I do have to say though, I have always felt anywhere I have lived, currently as well, that snow is plowed immediately! Unless you live in Franklin, insane property taxes, and slow snow removal!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yeah-wisconsin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.