View topic image gallery

zzzzzz 33426458_10211999789618638_3419853604767399936_n (resized).jpg
Laurel-Yanny (resized).jpg
ixuqoWy (resized).jpg
BCFF633C-F6C0-428E-B3CE-1C31064E71A8.gif
#1 5 years ago

Do you hear Yanny or Laurel?

#2 5 years ago

It’s both depending on how you set your equalizer.

#3 5 years ago

I heard Yanny during my local newscast. But when I rewound the news story and listened a second time I heard Laurel. Definitely different frequencies for each.

#4 5 years ago

It’s both... adjust EQ settings and you can alternate which one you hear.

#5 5 years ago

Laurel

#6 5 years ago

I vote no. . . to social media.

#7 5 years ago

Even with the NYTimes tool I still hear Laurel 90% of the time. While my wife in the same room hears Yanny 90% of the time...

#8 5 years ago

Frankly, I didn't hear either one...

#9 5 years ago

I only hear Yanni when I’m in Mykonos

#10 5 years ago

I have know idea what this is... I've seen headlines on the Yanny/Laurel thing but didn't click them. Who is Yanny and Laurel?

#11 5 years ago

blue dress / white dress ?

#12 5 years ago

Where's the third option

#13 5 years ago

Yanny = high frequency
Laurel = low frequency

I hear Laurel no matter what setting.

#14 5 years ago

Where the option for "This entire thing is a f'ing waste of time"....

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I heard Yanny during my local newscast. But when I rewound the news story and listened a second time I heard Laurel. Definitely different frequencies for each.

Same here. I heard "Yanny" every time, and then when I showed the exact same video (on the same device) to my wife an hour or so later, I heard "Laurel" and thought I had lost my mind. I tried it again this morning, and heard both within the same clip. If you can focus on each frequency, you can hear both and toggle between them.

...but I mostly hear "Laurel" now.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

blue dress / white dress ?

Not to go too far off topic here, but my dress color changed. Three years ago it was blue/black and yesterday it was white/gold. I thought I must have been looking at a different picture.

I can't hear Laurel no matter how hard I try. I go between Yanny and Yammy, or more of "Eanny."

#17 5 years ago

Loaded question.
Poll doesn't have enough options.
Someone needs to write a "how to" on making polls.
-mof

#18 5 years ago

Yammy or “eammy” is what I hear. No L or R sounds no matter how many times I listen.

Is this some kind of new age AI Jedi mind trick on humans? Haha!

BCFF633C-F6C0-428E-B3CE-1C31064E71A8.gifBCFF633C-F6C0-428E-B3CE-1C31064E71A8.gif

#19 5 years ago

I played it backwards and hear Rob Halford telling me heavy metal is the tool of the Devil.

#20 5 years ago

Well, I don't care for "Yanni" he never apologized to me after his little temper-tantrum at PBS 25 years ago. I had no clue who he was, nor did I really care. Oh I did my home work he was a famous pianist. Great I can mic that piano right up and we will be good to go on air. Wait what? He's not hear to play the piano? No one sent me the memo. Oh no he incorporates a variety of exotic instruments to create music that has been called an eclectic fusion my boss said. "Oh" well what's he playing tonight? The violin? Is it electric? Why would I ask my boss that? He's the boss and he wouldn't have a clue. I had a bright Idea. I'll go to the green room and ask. Needless to say "Yanni" was in the green room and he did not appreciate me asking "Is that an electric violin?" All I remember is him going from 0 to 100 in 2 seconds flat. "Do you know who I am?" "Why do you insult me?" bah,bah,bah as I slammed the door and said "I guess not"...Oh then his road manager decided to come to the audio booth and chastise me for 10 minutes. Not to mention, that my boss has to kiss butt to get him to go on air because he was so destrot. So you can call him whatever you want, because butt-head is the only thing I can think of calling him.

#21 5 years ago

ixuqoWy (resized).jpgixuqoWy (resized).jpg

#22 5 years ago

I only hear the healing power of Yanni:

#23 5 years ago

When first heard the song Panama by Van Halen, I thought they were singing, Padded Bra.

#24 5 years ago

Rock the cat box

#25 5 years ago

On my tv I heard laurel, but on my desktop speakers I heard yanny.

#26 5 years ago

Is this still a Pinball site?

#27 5 years ago

At first I only heard "laurel". I couldn't even fathom how my wife and kids were all hearing "yanny". After listening to it some more throughout the day, I can now hear both. You just have to change your focus form the lower pitch to the higher pitch. It's pretty bizarre.

#28 5 years ago

Any country fans remember the Garth Brooks song, 'shaving'...

I swear that's what he says!

#29 5 years ago

If you play the Yanny-Laurel backwards you can hear Ozzy say, Andrew Heighway Sucks

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

When first heard the song Panama by Van Halen, I thought they were singing, Padded Bra.
» YouTube video

I always thought it was "had enough"

#31 5 years ago

Is nowhere safe?!?

#32 5 years ago

One of your poll questions should have been: Do you give a flying F%$&K?

#33 5 years ago

Laurel-Yanny (resized).jpgLaurel-Yanny (resized).jpg

#34 5 years ago

I will take Stan Laurel over Yanni anyday.

#35 5 years ago

Holy Cow! There needs to be a poll for this.

#36 5 years ago

zzzzzz 33426458_10211999789618638_3419853604767399936_n (resized).jpgzzzzzz 33426458_10211999789618638_3419853604767399936_n (resized).jpg

#37 5 years ago

I love how a few are saying it's a waste of time...and still have to post about it....
Laurel

#38 5 years ago

That's funny!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I love how a few are saying it's a waste of time...and still have to post about it....
Laurel

Exactly what I was thinking. I was listening to it on YouTube and heard Yanny, over and over. My wife wanted to hear it, so I restarted the exact same video on the exact same TV, and that time heard Laurel, over and over. That's what kind of blew my mind, because they sounded totally different.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yanny-or-laurel-vote?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.