Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ_White_DMD_1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Wanted to share this with everyone. This is the first picture I have received that has a XPin White DMD in a Twilight Zone. My buddy apologizes for the picture quality, but he only ended up using the light grey vinyl I send out.

I have been over to see it myself and it is awesome! Thanks Bruce!

Brett

TZ_White_DMD_1.jpgTZ_White_DMD_1.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Looks nice! Using the white dmd I assume you can put any colored vinyl in front of it to get that specific color?

#3 10 years ago

Where does the vinyl actually stick too? I assume not the dmd but the plastic. What dies the vinyl do, blur the dots so it looks better somehow?

Looks awesome here in tz.

#4 10 years ago

Looks awesome.

#5 10 years ago

White looks amazing in TZ.
I'm actually using a colordmd in white, but the effect is TONS better than orange.

#6 10 years ago

White seems so appropriate for this title.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Looks nice! Using the white dmd I assume you can put any colored vinyl in front of it to get that specific color?

Each white DMD comes with a set of multiple color gels that are adhesive backed so you can pick the colors that you want. The vinyl acts like a diffuser and provides more contrast to the dots.

#8 10 years ago

That looks fantastic!! Would you mind asking your buddy to post a short YouTube video of it in action? I think the black/white/gray would suit TZ really well.

Might even think of doing it for my TZ hmmm....

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

That looks fantastic!! Would you mind asking your buddy to post a short YouTube video of it in action?

Ya, a video is worth eleventy words

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Would you mind asking your buddy to post a short YouTube video of it in action? I think the black/white/gray would suit TZ really well.

I will check and see if he has the time. I might have to push a beer and some pizza on him for it...

3 weeks later
#11 10 years ago

The picture of the white DMD is from my TZ... Brett had donated a red and a green DMD for the Benefit for Yarnell Tournament of which I was one of the lucky recipients... Later, I asked Brett if he would swap it for a white DMD to put in my TZ having seen one of the proto's months earlier that he brought over for testing... and it just rocked...
Being monochromatic its a natural, adds impact and really sells the whole Twilight Zone concept!

Try a white DMD with a teal, purple or pink gel and people will go WOW... Even having different hues of green, blue and red will raise eyebrows...I want another, I think Yellow (not amber or orange) in IJ would be mind blowing!

I did have trouble with taking the picture, the delta in brightness of the LED's would throw off the exposure in relation to the rest of the game. In the end I took the best picture I could of the DMD and Photoshop'd the exposure of the surrounding game to try to give you an unadulterated feel of what it looks like... Honestly the picture was an impromptu shot taken with my phone and doesn't do it justice... Perhaps I will try a video...

Hope this review helps anyone considering one...

Arizona Bruce
AZB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-white-dmd-in-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.