Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I need to replace all the displays in the Bally RS I'm working on. Anybody have opinions on XPin vs Pinscore displays?

#2 3 years ago

I believe that they are the same other than the name based on a licensing dispute. I have both and both are great.

If you want something really cool, look at the 7volution displays from Xpin. They convert the old 6 digit machines to 7 digit all handled by the displays.

#3 3 years ago

That's really cool. Unfortunately, it looks like I don't have much choice because XPin appears to be sold out of everything and Big Daddy only carries the regular displays. Since they're essentially the same, I guess I'll order based on price and availability.

Thanks

#4 3 years ago

Theyre not the same thing. XPIN has newer designs

#5 3 years ago

Email xpin,they have been very responsive and the lead times were very reasonable for the product i wanted that was out of stock.

#6 3 years ago

For what its worth... I had issues with a XPin display. They responded very quickly and got me a replacement next day. Their customer service was really good when there was a problem. To be fair, I have not purchased anything from Pinscore, I cannot comment on their product.

Brian

#7 3 years ago

I've put an xpin in a bride of pinbot and a laser ball and they look great and have had no issues. Have not used pinscore

#8 3 years ago

Another Xpin user here. Worked great in my early SS game.

#9 3 years ago

Xpin new, pinscore old. Buy Xpin.

#10 3 years ago

they are similar and used to be one company. Both are just as reliable. I have had pinscore stuff and have Xpin stuff. Brett has excellent customer service.

#11 3 years ago

If they're similar enough, I'm just going to go with Pinscore because PBL has them in stock, and I like supporting PBL.

#12 3 years ago

I went with wolffpac tech kits. Not quite the same digits and you have to spend a few hours assembling them but for me thats fun and a good deal of savings. Boards were a great fit, all components seemed good and they look great.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

If they're similar enough, I'm just going to go with Pinscore because PBL has them in stock, and I like supporting PBL

When the two brands split they were the same. Xpin has continued to evolve and offer new products. I think for the standard 6 digit Bally displays they are still the same.

#14 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. The 7volution displays are very cool, but I'm just going with 6 this time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 149.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sadsburyville, PA
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rock Creek, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside