Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by xpinchris
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Over at xpinpinball.com we just wanted to get some information out there. If you read our support and warranty policy here (http://xpinpinball.com/support/) you can see that the Xpin warranty is only honored if purchased directly from us or from an authorized reseller. Our authorized resellers can be found here (http://xpinpinball.com/resellers/). Unfortunately, we have found lots of people reselling Xpin products who are not authorized and it’s creating some headaches for customers and for us. Authorized resellers have guidelines and quality control measures they must adhere to when they sign up. There are others out there trying to sell Xpin products and we cannot control what they are doing to the products. Some have been known to strip parts off of them, sell them as-is, then not do anything about it when the customer complains. We try to help the end customer whenever we can but is hard for us to warranty a product when it’s out of our chain of control. Brett has always been good at helping people if possible, we just want people to be careful as to where they are buying our products so they don’t get into a situation where it’s not covered under our warranty. If you ever have a question about who is selling the product, check our reseller page. If they are not on there, it is likely not under warranty (currently xpinpinball.com is the only domestic location to purchase our warrantied products). We do have some cases of past resellers who are not currently resellers where that warranty would most likely be honored but it would be best to contact us first before making your purchase.

In other news, we will have free shipping in October, and some items will be on sale. We just leased a new, larger manufacturing facility and have been moving in the last couple of weeks so we expect the low inventory items to be back in stock in the near future. We hope you can understand our policy on our warranty and why we need to be strict on it and we appreciate all of your support of Xpin products. Visit XPin’s Facebook page and signup for our mailing list to be notified of the October sales and free shipping discount code. https://www.facebook.com/xpinpinball/

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from xpinchris:

Some have been known to strip parts off of them, sell them as-is,

That seems like an odd thing for someone to do.

Thanks for the heads up--I'll certainly pay more attention to second-hand displays.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That seems like an odd thing for someone to do.
    Thanks for the heads up--I'll certainly pay more attention to second-hand displays.

Yeah. I am curious what people could strip off and then still sell the remainder of the display as working.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#4 7 years ago

Unfortunately, it has been happening. We get stuck with the calls about it too since the original seller won't deal with it. Just want everyone to be aware that is happening and we will help where we can but can't be stuck with the bag from people who aren't allowed to be selling XPin products, but still do.

#5 7 years ago

Policy makes perfect sense to me

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from xpinchris:

Unfortunately, it has been happening. We get stuck with the calls about it too since the original seller won't deal with it. Just want everyone to be aware that is happening and we will help where we can but can't be stuck with the bag from people who aren't allowed to be selling XPin products, but still do.

Got an example?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from xpinchris:

Put a prominent warning on your site. Not everybody reads Pinside.

#9 7 years ago

Interesting to know that there is no US domestic authorized reseller (Bay Area Amusement ??).
    Is it correct ?

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Interesting to know that there is no US domestic authorized reseller (Bay Area Amusement ??).
    Is it correct ?

They sell direct from their website.

No doubt they'd have much, much smaller margins if going through distributors in the US.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Man, you guys can't catch a break.... First the Ebay fiasco- https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/xpin$20ebay%7Csort:relevance/rec.games.pinball/WLEnm_Ff8vc/xCMSmUyfKXsJ and now parts stripping sellers? Super weird....

Plus the stealing from their rubish bins of scrapped boards, that were the sold

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Plus the stealing from their rubish bins of scrapped boards, that were the sold

As the guy said, they should really be smashed up before trashing. You wouldn't think of it and I don't blame them for not doing it the first time (Who the hell would have thought? Crazy people out there...), but hopefully now it is done that way. Especially if the parts would harm games/people.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Is it correct ?

Bay Area Amusements is one of those cases where they used to be one so if they still had inventory we would honor it. They just aren't currently. All the U.S. based resellers/distributors' agreements have expired. So currently, xpinpinball.com is the only domestic place to buy authorized products.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Put a prominent warning on your site. Not everybody reads Pinside.

Thanks. Will do. We wrote a blog post at 21-electronics.com and posted it on Facebook as well. We'll have to put something on xpinpinball.com as well.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Got an example?

I can't name specific people due to our attorneys but we've had recent reports of vinyl gels being removed, gaskets being removed, units being mis-labeled as high voltage when they are low voltage (not good), displays that aren't working (bad LED blocks even though they were tested before shipping to the original purchaser), brightness controls removed, etc.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from xpinchris:

I can't name specific people due to our attorneys but we've had recent reports of vinyl gels being removed, gaskets being removed, units being mis-labeled as high voltage when they are low voltage (not good), displays that aren't working (bad LED blocks even though they were tested before shipping to the original purchaser), brightness controls removed, etc.

Appreciate at least knowing what to watch out for. I have one in each of my capcoms and plan on expanding with more as I acquire other machines which won't ever see a colordmd release.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from xpinchris:

Thanks. Will do. We wrote a blog post at 21-electronics.com and posted it on Facebook as well. We'll have to put something on xpinpinball.com as well.

You could also do with putting the X-Pin logo as your avatar on Pinside.

Helps people immediately recognise who you are, and also promotes the brand.

Further, list X-Pin details in the 'directory' part of Pinside. Again, it'll help you.

#18 7 years ago

Little off topic, but I purchased a sys 11 display direct from you(if it matters I am in Canada). The player 3 display dropped a line, is it cheaper to send it for repair or to replace it? I think it was 2 yrs ago so out of warranty I would say.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Little off topic, but I purchased a sys 11 display direct from you(if it matters I am in Canada). The player 3 display dropped a line, is it cheaper to send it for repair or to replace it? I think it was 2 yrs ago so out of warranty I would say.

Contact Nitro Pinball (http://www.nitropinball.com/). They are our Master Reseller in Canada. If past two years, yes, out of warranty, but either way they have the capability to help with repair or replacement, and they are in Canada.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-policy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.