(Topic ID: 119006)

Xpin or Rottendog display for my Firepower?

By Geocab

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Geocab
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys,

I bought a Bride of PINBOT that has a Rottendog display and the unlit segments really stand out. I have not seen Xpin displays in person and wonder if they have the same effect?

My Firepower needs new displays because I'm missing a segment in the master, first, and second players' displays. I was thinking of trying a used master display to fix the issue, but was also considering upgrading to LED displays.

I'd like the new displays to look as close to original plasmas as possible, and the unlit segments in my BOP bother me a little bit. I didn't know if both Rottendog and xpin look the same or not.

Any suggestions?

#2 9 years ago

I have an xpin in my robocop - and you can easily see the "unlit segments"

#3 9 years ago

Are there any filters that can be placed over the displays that can mask the unlit segments?

#4 9 years ago

Yes if you get the display from Brett at Xpin he has an adhesive "filter" to make the displays look like the originals when not lit. Excellent displays!

#5 9 years ago

That's good to know. I'll contact him. Thanks!

#6 9 years ago

What's the best way to contact Brett? Through the contact page at Xpin?

#7 9 years ago

Well, you can find me via www.xpinpinball.com and click on the [email protected] email address that is scattered around the website. Or pm me here at Pinside! I come out here a couple times a day when I am taking a break during the day job.

Brett

#8 9 years ago

Thanks, Brett. I sent you a message.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Tools
Pincoder Store

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-or-rottendog-display-for-my-firepower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.