Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChadNC
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“XPin Needs your help...”

• XP-DMD4096LV-B: Blue 30 votes
      65%
    • XP-DMD4096LV-O: Orange 3 votes
      7%
    • XP-DMD4096LV-R: Red 4 votes
      9%
    • XP-DMD4096LV-A: Amber 2 votes
      4%
    • XP-DMD4096LV-G: Green 5 votes
      11%
    • XP-DMD4096LV-YG: Yellow/Green 2 votes
      4%

(46 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Filter2.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    No_Filter2.jpg
    DMD4.JPG
    867_1051.JPG
    867_1040.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I plan to buy about 8 blues, 2 greens, 1 yellow/green. You know what I would really love? A nice bright white and a set of filters we can install that would include a myriad of colors and be really flexible. Would white be that hard to produce for this purpose?

Holy crap.

There's a first time for everything...here we go....

MARK, YOU ARE A F*CKING GENIUS!!!

I bought the blue X-Pin DMD for my Avatar, and I had Pinbits make me a blue plexi window for it (similar to Stern's new games w/ the red windows). If the LEDs were white, the blue would make it blue anyway! *forehead slap*

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

There are many here that now have these X-Pin DMDs in their games and can give first hand experience of how they look. Maybe some will chime in.

I suppose it varies from unit to unit...but my red LED DMD in my X-Men isn't as "griddy" as my blue X-Pin DMD in my Avatar. That being said, I do enjoy my X-Pin DMD, and blue totally makes Avatar's "footage" look much better, since most of the characters are blue Na'vi doing stuff. I don't think I'd recommend changing out every DMD for a color LED one....but, if it really fits the theme of your game, I think it's cool!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

I installed the blue led in my tron, i then took it back out and installed the piece of tint and could not stand it on it, it made it look cheap and had a bad reflection of the playfield lights so i took the tint back off and i am happy with the way it looks without the tint as the dots look like they line up with the speaker grill dots, they look like they are about the same size dots. But I would like the blue plexi glass window to try that. So if they made the dmd plexi window in more colors then white leds would should work out.

Yeah, I did not like the tinted vinyl piece that came with the DMD. Like you said, it had glare on it, and it also made the LED squares more obvious as it sort of formed impressions around them...that's why I asked Pinbits to make me a blue plexi window. Email them - I'm pretty sure they'll make them for anyone who wants them.

#24 11 years ago

Wow, green looks rad on CV! Thanks for the pix, Max! I was thinking purple....but now I'm leaning green.

#30 11 years ago

Here are pics of Avatar with and without the blue plexi window.

Without
    No_Filter2.jpgNo_Filter2.jpg

Side-by-side
    Comparison.jpgComparison.jpg

With
    Filter2.jpgFilter2.jpg

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

No pics of the filter vs the plastic cover?

Sorry, I threw out the filter before taking pics...but the instructions said to put it directly on the display. This didn't look good because it made creases/indentations in the filter, and made the LED squares even more obvious. It's also shiny and glarey which didn't help.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-needs-your-help?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.