(Topic ID: 28209)

XPin LED DMD Question

By TomGWI

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Bought a Blue DMD for Tron at Expo. The instructions say "most games using Plasma dot matrix displays have 2 high voltage fuses. It is recommended the -100/-110v high voltage fuse be removed". The instructions don't specify what fuses to remove for various board sets. For Stern, do I remove the F1 fuse on the display power supply board?

#2 11 years ago

Got my answer from Brett. Don't need to pull that fuse.

#3 11 years ago

Everyone here thanks you for posting not only your question, but your solution.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Everyone here thanks you for posting not only your question, but your solution.

No problem vid. Everyone here appreciates your tutorials. I knew the WMS/Bally & Whitestar games have fuses for the -100/-110 just wasn't sure about the newer Stern Games. Brett got back to me very quickly. Nice to have good support not only from him but fellow pinsiders.

Tom.

#5 11 years ago

Nice Tom !!!
    I also picked one up from Rob Anthony, it's a must have upgrade

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Nice Tom !!!
    I also picked one up from Rob Anthony, it's a must have upgrade

I do have a few dots out on mine so I have an email out to Brett. I also got mine from Rob.

Thinking about getting one for Avatar. Hmmmmm.

#7 11 years ago

Sarah's avatar at the pinball wizard arcade has the xpin blue dmd. I can photograph tomorrow while I'm up there if you want

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Sarah's Avatar at the pinball wizard arcade has the xpin blue dmd. I can photograph tomorrow while I'm up there if you want

Thanks. That's ok though. Terry had one in his Avatar at PBL Open House so I got to see it there. Looked nice.
    I have to say I have been looking at the display a lot more than before.

#9 11 years ago

The green looks great in CFTBL. Really, they all look super sharp. Even the amber is a great improvement...

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from wescor97:

The green looks great in CFTBL. Really, they all look super sharp. Even the amber is a great improvement...

There was a Congo at Expo with Green and looked great.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I do have a few dots out on mine so I have an email out to Brett. I also got mine from Rob.
    Thinking about getting one for Avatar. Hmmmmm.

If you bought from Rob he told me lifetime warranty through him !

#12 11 years ago

Sweet!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

If you bought from Rob he told me lifetime warranty through him !

Rob is solid...!!!

#14 11 years ago

I bought a blue one from rob Thursday at expo for my tron LE. Also bought a green one for a custom pin I am working on will post pics when it is done , waiting for all the green trim from Matt at Back Alley .

#15 11 years ago

It says back ordered on site and you cant order... I want to grab a blue 1 for my tron

#16 11 years ago

TAT I am looking forward to this custom job your doing. I have a feeling I will want to come steal it from your house......

It could happen.

#17 11 years ago

I also was lucky enough to get a blue one from Rob @ the expo. I couldn't believe he had any, they are hard to find!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

There was a Congo at Expo with Green and looked great.

If you mean Phoebe's Congo in the row with the ColorDMDs, that's actually a ColorDMD set to single color mode. Phoebe was nice enough to bring it out and set it up at Expo.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

If you mean Phoebe's Congo in the row with the ColorDMDs, that's actually a ColorDMD set to single color mode. Phoebe was nice enough to bring it out and set it up at Expo.

Oh sorry. Yep that's what I saw.sawn

#20 11 years ago

So the color DMD can be run in single color mode? I think CFTBL would look great in green.

Chris

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

So the color DMD can be run in single color mode? I think CFTBL would look great in green.
    Chris

It does....

#22 11 years ago

Anybody know how to get a hold of Brett from XPin? He hasn't responded to any of my emails in a few days.

#23 11 years ago

Spoke with Brett yesterday and he mentioned that GoDaddy is having issues with his server so he's not actually getting all his e-mails....give it a couple of days & retry....

Stu

#24 11 years ago

He just got back to me. He is having trouble with his email.
    Tom.

3 months later
    #25 11 years ago

Just received my xpin dmd today, can anyone point me to a tutorial? I was under the impression that it was usb plugeable but instead I received a colored cable with 4 female pins where do you plug that?

#26 11 years ago

where did you get the information that it was 'usb' from? There should be an Instruction Sheet in the Box.....

#27 11 years ago

I'm adding one of these soon, so just to get clarification, I don't have to pull any fuses on Tron? I have a Pro with 3D backglass, decal side art, and an orange DMD.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-led-dmd-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.