8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I received my low voltage DMD from XPIN and it has the same 7 prong power connector as my high voltage. My backboard has a 4 prong connector so do you just connect that to the last 4 prongs on the low voltage card (the last 4 prongs from right to left)? If not, how do you hook this thing up as the website doesn't have instructions for the LV version

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

The XP-DMD4096HV (High Voltage) uses the 7 pin cable.

What 4 pin cable are you talking about? Backboards are plywood and have no power

From the net:

Low Voltage Version (XP-DMD4096LV-x)

In order to support newer Stern Pinball machines and the Virtual Pinball community, a LOW VOLTAGE (+5V) version of the popular XP-DMD4096 is now available. This version provides a power connection matching the comparable Vishay LED DMD, and it also provides a standard PC connection popular with Virtual Pinball systems.

I can not find any info about it having a power connector different from the HV ones.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks - I ordered the low voltage version which should work with my pinball which comes with low voltage 4 pin cable. The low voltage card still comes with a 7 pin input though which is the confusion. Was expecting a matching 4 pin input. Thinking that you just hook the 4 pin into 4 of the 7 pins that are on the card but not sure. Reached out to xpin as well. Wasn't sure if someone on here has experience with the low voltage card that can confirm.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-dmd-low-voltage-5v-owners-question-on-power-connection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.