You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2420.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I recently purchased an XPIN Blue DMD for my Stern Batman. Got it installed, but the display looks a lot smaller than the original. I can see the electronics and brand name around the LEDs when installed. Did I get the wrong DMD? I emailed the seller already and waiting to hear back, but just wanted to get some feedback from people that have these.

IMG_2420.JPGIMG_2420.JPG

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#2 9 years ago

I have a blue DMD in my Tron, and you can't see any of the electronics, brand, etc. Something appears to be off...

#3 9 years ago

Here is a better look...

IMG_2423.JPGIMG_2423.JPG
#4 9 years ago

Spoke to the seller this morning and apparently there is a foam seal that goes around the DMD display that covers everything up. It wasn't in the box, but he's shipping it to me today.

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#5 9 years ago

I would also get an xpin blue gel cover so you can't see all the squares, plus it makes the blue deeper

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I would also get an xpin blue gel cover so you can't see all the squares, plus it makes the blue deeper

I ordered that yesterday. The Blue DMD looks awesome in my BDK game!

Thanks

#7 9 years ago

You are missing the black foam piece that is cut out in the middle to fit around the dmd.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I can see the electronics and brand name around the LEDs when installed. Did I get the wrong DMD?

Sorry about that. Rob Anthony let me know about this and I sent out the foam piece 2 days ago. You should have it today or tomorrow.

#9 9 years ago

I'm thinking about the blue DMD for my BDK. Any chance you could post a pic from further away so I can get the overall look of it with the rest of the game?

#10 9 years ago

Pinbits sells a blue display plastic to replace the clear one. Highly recommended. I have one on my Tron & Avatar

#11 9 years ago

I bought the Pinbits blue filter as well. I'll post some nice and detailed pics tonight. I LOVE the blue display on my BDK.

No worries on the foam. I appreciate the follow up!

#12 9 years ago

Hmmm... It's really hard to capture how clean, crisp and nice the Xpin DMD actually is on camera. It really does look fantastic.

IMG_2459.JPGIMG_2459.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-blue-dmd-is-this-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.