• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
colordmd.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Anyone know when and where this product will be availble? Everyone is out of blue, I wondered why marco didn't advertise these, then I came across this link:
http://sc.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20130117_0000145.DSC.htm/qx

#2 11 years ago

Interesting

#3 11 years ago

I got one from Rob Anthony's website a few weeks ago.

#4 11 years ago

I'm surprised to see how many of those Pinscore's they sold in a year!

#5 11 years ago

Yeah check with Borygard.........aka Rob Anthony.

#6 11 years ago

Coincidentally, Stern just made an announcment on their website that they will be distributing and selling blue DMDs in April....

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Coincidentally, Stern just made an announcment on their website that they will be distributing and selling blue DMDs in April....

Yeah for $399, uggg.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Yeah for $399, uggg.

That's the same price as a ColorDMD lol... Too bad they're not available for Stern games yet.

#9 11 years ago

I've been waiting for a couple months for one. I can't seem to get a hold of Brett at Xpin and Borygard is out of them. Bummer.

#10 11 years ago

Stern blue DMD will be 5v. All the others were high voltage correct?

Any thoughts the this new BLUE DMD of sterns will be on the next LE they are making as well?

#11 11 years ago

I think it would be fair to include a new full color led dmd on all new LE machines from Stern from here on out. I've been feeling like the corner cutting to save a few cents here and there has progressively gotten worse with Stern.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

I've been waiting for a couple months for one. I can't seem to get a hold of Brett at Xpin and Borygard is out of them. Bummer.

I have also not been able to get in touch with Brett either. He sent me some emails last month saying the Chinese New Year had delayed shipping on the new batch of dmds till the end of Feb, but that has alreay passed. Haven't heard back to repeated emails.

1 month later
#13 10 years ago

still waiting for the mid april release of sterns blue dmd kit for sale....

#14 10 years ago

Does anyone know if the DMDs Stern is going to sell are segmented like Xpin's or continuous? Makes a pretty big difference IMHO.

#15 10 years ago

Flipper fidelity sells xpin displays. He had the blue and green in pins at pinfest and they looked very good.

#16 10 years ago

I picked up a blue xpin at allentowm for STTNG. It looks great!

#17 10 years ago

For $120 more, you can get the new Sigma from ColorDMD and not only choose from 46 single colors, but you can choose HD upscale, scan lines, or classic dots.

colordmd.jpgcolordmd.jpg

#18 10 years ago

I was looking for one awhile back - red and blue combo for PinBot (i know...not same thing...but is in a way). When I asked back then they were supposed to be producing more after Chinese new years....but that's been awhile already.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

For $120 more, you can get the new Sigma from ColorDMD and not only choose from 46 single colors, but you can choose HD upscale, scan lines, or classic dots.

I'm really curious to see the ColorDMD in person at PAGG, because frankly while that's cool, LCD screens looking nothing like real DMDs.

#20 10 years ago

I think there will be at least 10 games set up with the new Sigma at PAGG. I bought one for my STTNG, but I'll be putting it in a MB at PAGG.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does anyone know if the DMDs Stern is going to sell are segmented like Xpin's or continuous?

The most recent run of the Xpins basically eliminates the segmenting. They look outstanding.

We were using one on the Tron at the MGC. We're hoping to still put up a gallery of pics of that Tron, but it had to be shipped to storage for MUCH longer than we anticipated after the show. I was SUPER impressed with the Xpin DMD though, and after seeing it in action intend to replace all of my DMDs when they go out with them.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think there will be at least 10 games set up with the new Sigma at PAGG. I bought one for my STTNG, but I'll be putting it in a MB at PAGG.

Hey Sparky...I will have one of the new Sigma's in my WH20 at PAGG.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

I was looking for one awhile back - red and blue combo for PinBot (i know...not same thing...but is in a way). When I asked back then they were supposed to be producing more after Chinese new years....but that's been awhile already.

I have these ready to go, just email me, or order directly from my site.

Grid lines on XPin DMDs, they're supposedly improved, they do still exist. Get a Lexan filter, they make the displays look much better. Available from Pinbits or my site.

I have a VERY limited number of blue DMDs. Email me if interested.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The most recent run of the Xpins basically eliminates the segmenting. They look outstanding.
We were using one on the Tron at the MGC. We're hoping to still put up a gallery of pics of that Tron, but it had to be shipped to storage for MUCH longer than we anticipated after the show. I was SUPER impressed with the Xpin DMD though, and after seeing it in action intend to replace all of my DMDs when they go out with them.

Hmm, I'd have to see it to believe it. I have an Xpin DMD (yellow green) and it works great, no complaints, but the grid lines are pretty obvious. It looks nothing like a continuous display, and I doubt I'd buy another because of that. Brett's customer service is great, no complaints there, just don't care for the segmenting.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

How would the combo work? I've thought the same thing for TFLE in crimson/violet.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How would the combo work? I've thought the same thing for TFLE in crimson/violet.

I believe they are talking about alpha numeric displays on those machines maybe player 1 one color and player 2 another...

#27 10 years ago

Yup! Duh. Not DMD!

#28 10 years ago

There is a new led dmd on pinballlife.com for stern games that is available in blue or green for $350. I don't know if these are distributed by stern, anybody?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

There is a new led dmd on pinballlife.com for stern games that is available in blue or green for $350. I don't know if these are distributed by stern, anybody?

Vishay. Good displays.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#30 10 years ago

Our blue and green displays are made by Vishay.
We have a very limited supply.
Terry.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Our blue and green displays are made by Vishay.
We have a very limited supply.
Terry.

will this work on avengers?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

will this work on Avengers?

I am going off assumptions. However, old sterns have a different pinout then the newer displays. So based on the wording that they are intended for older sterns hence the remove the high voltage section, they will not work on the new games. I know you can e-mail Terry and he is very prompt and can verify this information.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I am going off assumptions. However, old sterns have a different pinout then the newer displays. So based on the wording that they are intended for older sterns hence the remove the high voltage section, they will not work on the new games. I know you can e-mail Terry and he is very prompt and can verify this information.

They WILL work on avengers, metallica..... The newest games are LED already so you don't need the plasma to LED adapter, just plugs straight in

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, I'd have to see it to believe it. I have an Xpin DMD (yellow green) and it works great, no complaints, but the grid lines are pretty obvious. It looks nothing like a continuous display, and I doubt I'd buy another because of that. Brett's customer service is great, no complaints there, just don't care for the segmenting.

I thought so too. We sort of set it up in storage recently, and I checked again and was again impressed by it. It should be heading to Gary's house sooner than later, and then we can actually get some pictures of it.

#35 10 years ago

This is the blue led dmd from www.pinballlife.com. Install was a breeze. I also recommend the blue ultra-brite 555 led bulbs from cointaker for the 2 playfield spotlights on tron.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 10 years ago

Is that with or without the Blue Filter from pinbits? I'm curious if the blue Stern displays are just as dim as the Hulk Avengers DMDs (comes with a green filter).

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Is that with or without the Blue Filter from pinbits? I'm curious if the blue Stern displays are just as dim as the Hulk Avengers DMDs (comes with a green filter).

With the filter, it came as a kit.

#38 10 years ago

I just installed a green vishay. It is half as bright as the blue and is more of a yellow/green hue. Not very impressed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin-blue-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.