By XPinPinball

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XPinPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

XPin™: Official Announcement

To all our Pinball friends out there:
    PHOENIX, Arizona (July 27th, 2012) — XPin™ is proud to formally announce that we have officially launched our new XPin™ X-BRIDGE line of products including the XP-WPCHV and XP-WPC95HV — The solution for the weak OEM +65V supply in WPC-S and WPC89 systems when installing an XPin™ XP-DMD4096 LED DMD display.

The OEM +65V supply has been well documented over the years as being an area of the display system that is constantly being rebuilt. For this circuit, it is not a question of if it will fail, but when!

Our new XPin™ X-BRIDGE XP-WPCHV and XP-WPC95HV have been designed to plug directly into the same headers used for the AC voltage coming into the D-14039 and WPC Audio/Visual boards and the associated output voltages that would be passed back to an OEM Plasma DMD. Since it is primarily designed for the XPin™ XP-DMD4096 series displays, it is only going to generate the +65V necessary to power the display.

View our new XPin™ X-BRIDGE XP-WPCHV here:
    http://www.xpinpinball.com/products/xpin_power_supplies/XP-WPCHV

XPin™ is currently in the manufacturing stage of these new products which currently show Out of Stock. We wanted to let everyone know that these products will be available soon, so please check back regularly.

For more information, please refer to our web site at http://www.xpinpinball.com
    If any of our products are currently out of stock then please visit one of our Distributors for your XPin™ Products.

Xpin™ truly is EVOLUTION–EVOLVED.

XPin™ Pinball Products
    Brett Davis, CEO
    [email protected]

#7 11 years ago

Markmon,

There is a 5V version that I haven't listed yet. The issue is that you are in a minority when it comes to the typical pinball owner. Most individuals I know outside of the pinball community would not consider the "twisting of wires" method.

I am not sure where you would tap off of 5v, but I can assure you that in the WPC games that the 5v supply coming out of the driver board cannot support the power requirements for any LED DMD's. PinLED DMD has the user splice into the 12Vac line and they regulate it down. A viable solution except that the 12Vac transformer wiring may not be able to support the additional 1A load presented by the DMD.

When you see my announcement for the 5V version, drop me a line and I can discuss a strategy to hook it up if you want.

Brett

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XPinPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xpin%e2%84%a2-official-announcement-2-of-3?tu=XPinPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.