7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XMen_code_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I posted this in the XM Club thread too.

When I start a game and the NC mechs are in the up position, the machine sometimes awards me 1110 points as the ball is kicked in to the trough, and the Nightcrawler mechs drop.
I'm assuming this is one of the NC switches erroneously triggering while the mechs drop, but I don't think they could be gapped any more than they already are.
The issue is intermittent as well. I'd say it happens more than 50 percent of the time if the NC mechs are up at game start though. If the NC mechs are down, no score is awarded.
Any thoughts??

Cheers.

#3 7 years ago

Just the points.

#6 7 years ago

Yes, I tried that Bart. My instinct is that one of the NC mechs is triggering WHILE it drops. I think once it's dropped the secondary switch (which registers the down position), it's deactivated.

Shaking the machine, slapping he playfield, cab etc. Vigorous shaking does not trigger anything beyond Tilt!

Also tried the Magneto rollover. It's worth a lot more points. Most other switches would trigger a DMD event as well, no?

#10 7 years ago

Dug

That was my thought too, but I couldn't find a setting for that anywhere. I assumed this was some sort of attack mode setting. I'll keep hunting.

#14 7 years ago

Yes, Leaf. The NC switches award 1110, and I couldn't find another switch that awards that exact amount. So, I'm fairly certain that's the culprit.

#15 7 years ago

Very Cool Dug! I wonder why those options were left out? You could be right. Simple oversight perhaps??

#16 7 years ago

Good question, Justdavid. Not immediately, but after 2 or 3 NC pops, the switch does register without me hitting the shot. Rarely right away, but I think this is the same issue. The switch is triggering when the mech drops.

#17 7 years ago

So, with some great suggestions from friends I was able to resolve this issue.

Each mech as a small connector running to the switch that registers NC hits. I unplugged these connectors one at a time, and isolated the problem to my right side NC mech.

I pulled the mech out and replaced the spring on the backside of the mech, and adjusted the forward blade of the leaf switch so that it's sort of resisting the Pressure of the panel that closes to cause the switch to register.

I'm having zero issues now. Also, I started Rogue with the glass off and NC mechs will repeatedly fire and not register a false hit. Ball strikes work flawlessly.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmle-nightcrawler-switch-issue-help?tu=MapleSyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.