7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XMen_code_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Might want to check the rollover switch in the Magneto lock area.

I have never had this switch register when the Nightcrawlers go down, but it being near them and being set too sensitive has caused it to occasionally register when they pop up. It might be worth checking to see how that switch acts when activated at that point in the game.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I have exactly the same issue on my game, and I've seen it on two others. I came to the same conclusion you did-that the NC hit switch is triggering as the mech drops on one of them. I've tried adjusting it, and haven't had any success, so I've just ended up living with it-it's not a game breaking issue anyway. I always figured that it'd be something that needed to be fixed in code with a de-bounce timer on reading the NC hit switch after the latch was released.

If that's the case...I believe you can go into the settings and make it so the NC don't pop up at the end of each game. I would call that more of a work around than a fix though.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Dug
That was my thought too, but I couldn't find a setting for that anywhere. I assumed this was some sort of attack mode setting. I'll keep hunting.

Those NC adjustments mush have been removed. They were very similar to the startup lock pin adjustment (feature adjustment #2). Now that I think of it though, there may not have been an adjustment to NOT have them pop up at the end of the game (without completely disabling them). I think all of the adjustments from the past were just settings that effected them at power up. Ex: Pop up at power on (even if they were up), Don't pop up at power on, Only try to pop them up at power on if they are down, ect...

It's strange that now there isn't even a setting to disable the NCs. As I said, I'm pretty sure that was in there too at one time.

UPDATE: I nosed around in the adjustments in Pinball Browser...and it appears a lot of the Nightcrawler setting are still in 1.51, but not showing up in the adjustments on the actual game. I have drawn a line to show the break between the standard game adjustments and the games feature adjustment. It appears that the Nightcrawler settings fall in between them. I wonder if leaving these settings out was done on purpose or a simple keystroke mistake locking them out in one of the game updates?

I'm also fairly certain these are not worded as they were when they were showing on the game. I remember it asking if you wanted to pop them up if they were down at startup. The setting in Pinball Browser read as if the setting was to drop them at startup if they are already up. I also don't see a setting to not pop them up at the end of a game.

I'm guessing you could still adjust these setting in Pinball Browser and have them take effect, but that would require an update to do it and another update to change the setting if you wanted to go back.

XMen_code_(resized).jpgXMen_code_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmle-nightcrawler-switch-issue-help?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.